• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From The NY Times: The Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

It was unfortunate that they used that image during the presentation, but it must be noted also that it has nothing to do with the Nimitz video/incident itself. Some people may get confused now, just as some are about the two different videos.

That image really shouldn't have ended up to the presentation if they had done their homework. It should have been already obvious from the Fightersweep article they were referring to back then that no such image was taken, and it doesn't even look like a tic-tac. What's worse, they actually had Elizondo sitting there, the man who should have seen all the relevant data. He should have known and he should have been consulted before such presentation was made public. Similarly they lost their credibility right on the launch event by telling a "Mars attacks" type of version of the story, which was incompatible with all the credible sources. That shouldn't have happened either. But then again, they are an entertainment company, and that's what they made out of it.

Similarly it wasn't that surprising those videos got mixed up in the media. They were released at the same time, one being an interesting event with a dull video without audio, and one was a more interesting video with no context whatsoever. It's not really that surprising that the media picked and combined the interesting parts.

What's actually worse is that they just let that confusion continue for a couple of months, and it still does, with little effort to set the record straight. Because of that, they took another big hit on their credibility, and worse still, so did the Nimitz event.

What this subject matter really needs is credible, accurate, no-nonsense type of information that is shared as openly and promptly as possible. That's not what they have done so far.

In the very beginning, there were suggestions and opinions of the possible outcome. Up to this point there is no reason to think differently, although, in the weeks to come a different picture may emerge. That may be the reason (along with the occasional dust-up) why most others are reluctant to become involved. In quoting Don Ecker…”this too shall pass”.

NY Times UFO Identified

with disclaimer

"In anticipation of people accusing me of ignoring the testimony of Navy pilot David Fravor ... This footage I examine -- the Gimbal Video -- is not related to the incident Fravor was involved in. Fravor was involved in the USS Nimitz UFO case. In contrast, the gimbal video has no supplementary data and the pilots heard in it have made no public statements. Here's a famous UFO/ET promoter explaining this difference: youtu.be/wbs788Hv-iY ... The confusion was caused by CNN, FOX, et al showing the gimbal footage as Fravor spoke, misleading countless people about the facts in these cases."
Yeah that looks like the most plausible explanation to me, given that this Gimbal video has zero additional context or info of any kind.

But I stop short of calling it "case closed" for a couple of reasons. First, the object in the Nimitz video is also very hot, and the pilot testimony is powerfully compelling imo (although I can't even say for sure at this point whether the Nimitz video that we've seen relates to the object that Cmdrs. Fravor and Slaight pursued, because it's not their gun camera footage). We've also seen reams of credible sightings involving glowing ufos - the pair that I saw as a kid seemed to be glowing quite brightly, although I can't say for certain if they actually were luminous, or perhaps simply highly reflective objects reflecting the daytime sunlight. In any case, lots of night-time sightings describe brightly radiant objects demonstrating nonterrestrial maneuvering capabilities, so this may be a common feature of such devices.

And we have no reason to believe that these objects are occupied by biological entities. And even if some of them are, the cabin could be thermally shielded from the hot outer hull. So the temperature isn't proof of anything either way.

I still find the oddly sudden rotations of the heat signature in the Gimbal video to be intriguing. I'm really hoping that one of the engineers at Raytheon will make a statement about that. Note how the rotating lens flare in his stationary example, spins smoothly, rather than in odd, sudden little rotations that quickly stop. That could be an eccentricity of the optics of that variety of FLIR camera. But perhaps not. I want to know the context and supporting evidence and testimony around the Gimbal footage - to know why the AATIP felt that it was of interest, before I reach a conclusion about it.

Like I said before, FLIR footage alone is insufficient evidence for a reasonable assessment. Ideally we should have all of the evidence and testimony that the AATIP gathered about cases like these, and the technical reports based on that evidence, to really get a clear picture of what was observed to determine whether they might be, or might not be, genuinely exotic events.

Because the FLIR footage alone is simply an instructive example of how confirmation bias works in both camps: the believers and the disbelievers.

Last edited:
It was unfortunate that they used that image during the presentation, but it must be noted also that it has nothing to do with the Nimitz video/incident itself. Some people may get confused now, just as some are about the two different videos.
Well, I suppose we should apply the old truism to Tom DeLonge and his Starpeople:

“Never attribute to malice or conspiracy what can be better explained by ignorance or stupidity.”

In the very beginning, there were suggestions and opinions of the possible outcome. Up to this point there is no reason to think differently, although, in the weeks to come a different picture may emerge. That may be the reason (along with the occasional dust-up) why most others are reluctant to become involved. In quoting Don Ecker…”this too shall pass”.

The way I see it, these are the significant parts of this story so far:
- Knowledge that AATIP existed, when it existed, what it was called, and who was in charge. We haven't seen any documents from that program, but those at least provide keywords for FOIA requests, and we know something's off if those don't return any results.
- Confirmation (even if not quite official) that the Nimitz event happened and the video and information that was already available is accurate to high degree.
- Fravor and Slaight talking about it publicly.

What I think we can realistically hope to see in the near future (some sort of realistic best case scenario):
- Nimitz investigation report (with limited and partial data on radar returns, some summary information is already unofficially available).
- Similar information from some other similar events.
- A bunch of videos, hopefully with at least some context, as otherwise they don't really matter much as we have seen.

That's pretty much it as far as I can see. Since I rank the Nimitz event to the top of my list, that's still progress. If such cases were all we had, most might actually take the possibility of aliens seriously. Unfortunately, we have all that excess package from the past, and there are a whole lot of players who just can't help themselves in making this a matter of ridicule again. So one step forward, hopefully at least a bit less backwards.

George Knapp conducts an I-Team interview while one questionable video plays in the background. Fortunately, there may be impressive videos to surface in the future. Meanwhile, Elizondo will relocate to CA. , where he will reside closer to the stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
George Knapp conducts an I-Team interview while one questionable video plays in the background. Fortunately, there may be impressive videos to surface in the future. Meanwhile, Elizondo will relocate to CA. , where he will reside closer to the stars.

Jumpin' jehosaphat...check out the last line in that intriguing segment with Luis Elizondo:

"People familiar with the ufo study say that about two dozen ufo videos are being declassified for release to the public in the coming months, and Luis Elizondo says that the technology displayed by the ufos is beyond anything we have, but that scientists think they now understand how it works - more on that part of the story in the days ahead."

Say what?? Ah man, grab hold of the safety bar, folks - this ride is about to get wild...

Did you catch that Lue is moving out to Encinitas, the home of Tom DeLonge, the Mecca of To the Stars? Perhaps Lue will become manager of the TTS store out there. Surf’s up, @Lue! Endless summer out here, ya know! (I live 115 miles North in the San Fernando Valley, a ways inland from the beach.)

Here is an excited young fan who came all the way from Russia to visit the store and meet his hero.

Here is the store’s Yelp page with 24 reviews. (4.9 out of 5.0)
To the Stars - Encinitas, CA

And a profile of Tom in his local San Diego Union Tribune paper from about a year ago.
Tom DeLonge aims beyond this world with his post-blink-182 books and movie

That's the interview I mentioned here on Friday:
"Top questions and doubts about UFO whistleblower, Luis Elizondo "

That's the "bunch of videos" I was referring above. I think that two dozen was mentioned somewhere earlier by either Puthoff or Davis, so that's where they probably got it from. I think they had also mentioned some details, like there being several objects in some video or something. I wasn't really that interested on that part, as it already started to sound like quantity instead of quality again.

We have been told that Elizondo used pilot education as a reason to declassify some videos, in which case it would make sense that they would declassify some set of them, but not necessarily the backstories.

That's the interview I mentioned here on Friday:

That's the "bunch of videos" I was referring above. I think that two dozen was mentioned somewhere earlier by either Puthoff or Davis, so that's where they probably got it from. I think they had also mentioned some details, like there being several objects in some video or something. I wasn't really that interested on that part, as it already started to sound like quantity instead of quality again.

We have been told that Elizondo used pilot education as a reason to declassify some videos, in which case it would make sense that they would declassify some set of them, but not necessarily the backstories.
;)

That interview (like some of his comments here) shows how Elizondo seems to be annoyed how the videos that have been released so far have been dismissed as glares, other planes and such by some. So the question is, do they repeat the same they have already done, which didn't work too well, and just release new videos without any context? If my hunch is correct and those have been declassified without any other information, they may not have much choice.

Did you catch that Lue is moving out to Encinitas, the home of Tom DeLonge, the Mecca of To the Stars?

He mentioned that in his reply to my question earlier:
Realm, you have a valid point. If we, as a company, are not communicating effectively then the issue is with us and not the audience. I was not aware of the communication issues to the degree that I am now. I will engage the Board to see how we can fix this while remaining SEC compliant. The discussion began last week but I will elevate specific examples to the attention, beginning with the one you just provided. Currently, we are separated geographically by thousands of miles (East Coast vs. West Coast) which has made is exceedingly difficult to collabirate. This is precisely the reason I recently sold my House in Annapolis and relocating my family to San Diego. Bottom Line: I have this for action.

Perhaps Lue will become manager of the TTS store out there.
If they don't hit the $5 million mark, that may be the only option (from the Offering Circular):

$50 Million Raise:
Approximately $3.5 million towards the purchase of larger office premises, research facilities and warehousing.

$30 Million Raise:
Approximately $1.7 million towards the lease of larger office premises, research facilities and warehousing.

$15 Million Raise:
Approximately $750,000 towards the lease of larger office premises, research facilities and warehousing.

$5 Million Raise:
Approximately $100,000 towards the lease of larger office premises and/or research facilities and/or warehousing.

Less Than $5 Million Raise:
TTS AAS would adjust its use of proceeds by reducing
planned growth of employee headcount, reducing operational costs, and slowing down projects or not making investment in projects.

Last edited:
He mentioned that in his reply to my question earlier:

If they don't hit the $5 million mark, that may be the only option (from the Offering Circular):

$50 Million Raise:
Approximately $3.5 million towards the purchase of larger office premises, research facilities and warehousing.

$30 Million Raise:
Approximately $1.7 million towards the lease of larger office premises, research facilities and warehousing.

$15 Million Raise:
Approximately $750,000 towards the lease of larger office premises, research facilities and warehousing.

$5 Million Raise:
Approximately $100,000 towards the lease of larger office premises and/or research facilities and/or warehousing.

Less Than $5 Million Raise:
TTS AAS would adjust its use of proceeds by reducing
planned growth of employee headcount, reducing operational costs, and slowing down projects or not making investment in projects.

Wow! That’s going to buy a lot of beer and surfboards!

Dear colleagues.

I have been very busy and traveling in recent weeks due to my journalist assignments. However, here is finally the latest batch with everything that was happening recently.
Several gems this time; check Knapp’s I-Team trilogy with Luis Elizondo and Knapp’s C2C interview with Davis and Puthoff.
You can also check my personal uncut interview with Luis Elizondo that I did on January 15th 2018 (released yesterday) and it goes for 60 minutes.

Links below:

Index media file updated:
http://omnitalkradio.weebly.com/pentagon-ufo-study-media.html

2017-12-28 - Coast to Coast: Pentagon UFO Study:
George Knapp interviews Eric W. Davis and Hall Puthoff

Pentagon UFO Study/ Fallen Angels - Shows - Coast to Coast AM
David Haith

2018-02-01 - I-Team: Man Who Headed Up Secret Government UFO Study Speaks Out –
by George Knapp (Video embedded on the Link) - Knapp's Trilogy with Luis Elizondo - part 1

I-Team: Man who headed up secret government UFO study speaks out

2018-02-02 - I-Team: Secret UFO Program Recorded Encounters with Uknown Objects –
by George Knapp (Video embedded on the Link) - Knapp's Trilogy with Luis Elizondo - part 2

I-Team: Secret UFO program recorded encounters with unknown objects

2018-02-07 - I-Team: Understanding the Science of UFO –
by George Knapp (Video embedded on the Link) - Knapp's Trilogy with Luis Elizondo - part 3

I-Team: Understanding the science of UFOs

2018-02-07 - 60 Minutes with Luis Elizondo - former director of the AATIP) –

2017-12-26 - Michio Kaku: Year in Review and 2018 Predictions
(Kaku comments Pentagon UFO Study from 14:00 minute into the video)

2017-12-23 - The Skeptics's Guide to the Universe #650: Pentagon UFO Videos
(Segment on Pentagon UFO Study starts from 18:33 minute)

https://www.theskepticsguide.org/podcast/sgu/650
Audio:

2018-01-11 - SETI Institute: Seth Shostak Comments UFO Pentagon Reports
SETI Institute

2018-01-29 - Skeptic Check: New UFO Evidence (Seth Shostkak, James Oberg, James McGaha & Ben Radford)
Skeptic Check: New UFO Evidence | SETI Institute
Audio:

Articles & Transcripts:
2018-01-22 - Billy Cox: Ex CIA Chief: Keep Studying UFOs

http://devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.com/15617/ex-cia-chief-keep-studying-ufos/

Transcript from TTSAAS video interview with Cmdr. David Fravor

Transcript of the Summary Investigation Report read by Dr. Eric Davis
on the phenomenon radio program on Jan 11 2018

Best wishes.

2018-02-07 - I-Team: Understanding the Science of UFO –
by George Knapp (Video embedded on the Link) - Knapp's Trilogy with Luis Elizondo - part 3

I-Team: Understanding the science of UFOs

So bad news:
"We do believe all these observables we've been seeing, sudden and extreme acceleration, hypersonic velocities, low observability, trans medium travel, and last but not least, positive lift, anti-gravity -- is really the manifestation of a single technology, Elizondo said. "So it's not five exotic technologies we're trying to figure out, it's one. and we think we know that one too."

One of the scientists who helped figure it out is a physicist named Dr. Hal Puthoff. He wrote the proposal that helped Bigelow land the contract to study UFOs, and in a recent radio interview, he said he commissioned 38 scientific papers during the study to explore exotic propulsion ideas, including what he calls space-time metric engineering. In essence, the idea that the Gimbal and Tic Tac craft can create their own space-time bubbles.

"We believe it has to do with a high amount of energy and the ability to warp space-time, not by a lot, but by a little," said Elizondo.

Elizondo first went public back in October, when he was on a stage with rock star Tom Delonge, who formed something called "To the Stars Academy. Dr. Hal put off is part of the team, along with Steve Justice, the former top engineer at Lockheed's skunkworks, who says he wants to build something that can do what the Gimbal can do.

For Elizondo, the question is no longer an 'if' question, it's a 'when' question.

Luis Elizondo confirmed that special materials would likely be needed to manipulate space-time. The I-Team will have more on that in a future report.
Elizondo seems to have bought what Puthoff has been marketing, and it seems Puthoff is once again running the show.

So bad news:

One of the scientists who helped figure it out is a physicist named Dr. Hal Puthoff. He wrote the proposal that helped Bigelow land the contract to study UFOs, and in a recent radio interview, he said he commissioned 38 scientific papers during the study to explore exotic propulsion ideas, including what he calls space-time metric engineering.

Elizondo seems to have bought what Puthoff has been marketing, and it seems Puthoff is once again running the show.
Alrighty then Brother @Realm !!! Now you’re getting it! If you study the “provenance” of TTSA you see that it traces back 50 years in an unbroken “chain of custody” as it were, through one and only one “custodian” and that is Hal Puthoff, who, BTW, is an old hand at writing proposals for landing contracts from the government to study psychic phenomena, as he did in the early 70’s when he won the contract to study Remote Viewing, (which was also $20 million dollars, though given those are 1970s dollars would be a little bit more than the Bigelow contract he won for $22 in 2007 dollars.)

But back to the provenance of TTSA. You will find a detailed timeline here in Brother Recluse’s article about Bob Bigelow. (Scroll down a little past halfway)
VISUP: Fringe: The Strange Dealings of Bob Bigelow

Maybe I could get Biblical and summarize it like an Old Testament prophet:

Scientology begat Remote Viewing which begat CIA at SRI which begat UFO Working Group which begat Stargate which begat NIDS which begat AATIP which begat TTSA. So, Hal Puthoff as Father Abraham but clean-shaven? (Remember, before Jesus said “Feed my sheep” to Peter, Hal Puthoff said to John Alexander: “Stare at my goats.”)

Please review my comment of Jan. 22 here, when I revealed to Brother @Thomas R Morrison that I was a scout recruiting him for TTSA, which is really OSS in Millennial disguise.

So please do not take this the wrong way, as I will eventually explain it, but Thomas, you’ve always impressed me as a “Scientology kinda guy.” However, I must immediately assure you that it’s not your grandmother’s Scientology anymore, but instead, a new kind, one gloriously liberated from the stifling shackles of its founder’s dark and dismal — yea, I will even say pathological — personality defects. In fact, we might characterize this Nouveau Scientology as a decentralized, egalitarian, non-hierarchical crowd-sourcing Scientology with a new name that honors the history of its Intelligence Agency roots. I proudly present to you now: The OSS = Open Source Scientology.

Now before you recoil too much in horror at the prospect of joining a cult-religion, allow me to reassure you that you will be owing no allegiance at all to the original founder, Lafayette Ron Hubbard, the same way that Martin Luther, e.g., no longer owed allegiance to the Pope after 1519. You see, the OSS of TTSA is really a breakaway sect founded by the visionary pioneer who had himself achieved Operating-Thetan VII (OT-7) status in the mother religion in 1968. Of course, he is none other than your local spacetime metric engineering hero, Dr. Harold E. Puthoff.

Thank God for the garrulous and gregarious gadfly Grant Cameron who fills in the “provenance” of TTSA much better than I ever could. (Though he doesn’t go back as far as Scientology, but no big deal about that since the focus now should rightly be on the “Bigelow deal” which is the big deal for us all right now.)

Now a special shout out here to Brother @Thomas R Morrison because starting around the 25:00 mark, Grant begins to answer a question that you once posed here many weeks back, asking why there were so many more TTSA biologists than the one TTSA physicist Hal Puthoff (and his right hand man Eric Davis). The answer in a word? The Experiencers!

And Thomas, since you are one of them, along with Jack Sarfatti and Eric Davis, then I would think you would be very interested in the next stage of TTSA disclosure that Grant discloses here, which is the analysis of the DNA of experiencers, looking for a “genetic antenna” which tunes you guys into the “Phenomenon.”

Maybe I could get Biblical and summarize it like an Old Testament prophet:

Scientology begat Remote Viewing which begat CIA at SRI which begat UFO Working Group which begat Stargate which begat NIDS which begat AATIP which begat TTSA. So, Hal Puthoff as Father Abraham but clean-shaven? (Remember, before Jesus said “Feed my sheep” to Peter, Hal Puthoff said to John Alexander: “Stare at my goats.”)

Nicely put(hoff)!

From this:
2018-02-07 - 60 Minutes with Luis Elizondo - former director of the AATIP) –

It looks Elizondo actually believes TTSA is going to build those fancy spaceships and all:
I think To The Stars is an organization that can help us achieve that. If you look for just one moment who's there, you're talking about the giants of the aerospace industry and theoretical physicists and in some cases entertainers and this is going to be a collective effort in order for us to take our observations and very hopefully one day soon build the very things we're seeing. And yes I know to some people they kind of scratch their head, build?, yes, build, because in the end what we're seeing is it's not voodoo science it's actually advanced physics but it's physics nonetheless and it's physics that I think we are closer to understanding now that we ever had before and so our hope is to get with the best and brightest and actually build a working prototype of exactly what we're seeing and use that to the benefit of mankind. I think people look at this To The Stars they say, oh it's a money-making machine. No it's not, it's a money raising machine in order to do this right you need money to build these things. I think Tom was brilliant to set up an organization, this is a B corporation that's stated to the public benefit. If you know anything about B corporations are very rare and they're labor intensive. I mean it's really a lot of work. Most folks don't want to do a B corporation because there's a lot of commitments and requirements to the public use and public good and not only that Tom decided with the other folks in organization they were going to make this a company really for the people by the people and so by offering a opportunity for the public to invest the public can now own the very thing we're trying to build and I think that's very rare. Any time you do something like an IPO most people know very few people have an opportunity to really buy into something like that. When you do a DPO anybody with a hundred bucks or so can now be a part owner of an aerospace company. So I thought it was very bold and very brave and innovative for Tom and others to decide to go this way.
So I guess that one ex Lockheed manager is now "giants" of aerospace industry and that one dude who tried to measure feelings of chicken eggs with an e-meter is "giants" of theoretical physics, and "in some cases" there's also some entertainers... Oh boy. And apparently he believes buying stock with $0.03 book value for $5 a piece is a sensible investment.

And he is too deep in it now, that he will probably stick to that story:
Believe me, I would be doing much better right now if I was working for the government between all my benefits and my retirement, this was not an economically sound decision for me to join To The Stars Academy.

Oddly enough, he also claimed Jim Slaight was Fravors backseater and WSO, which can't be right, or at least doesn't match other sources, and he really should know better. He also claimed the tic tac moved fast over the water, while Fravor explicitly said it was moving "randomly around, not fast, just left right forward and back" when over the water. He also stated that when it took off "not only did it fly off at several thousands upon thousands of miles an hour without a sonic boom". The event log however states that "CAPSULE BEGAN CLIMBING AND TURNED INSIDE OF FAST EAGLE’S TURN RADIUS. PILOT ESTIMATED THAT CAPSULE ACHIEVED 600-700 KTS".

Last edited:
asking why there were so many more TTSA biologists than the one TTSA physicist Hal Puthoff (and his right hand man Eric Davis). The answer in a word? The Experiencers!

I believe the answer is they have what was available. Apparently there are more biologists who have prior involvement with this subject than there are physicists.

Back