• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From The NY Times: The Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

.... 2018-01-05 - The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Neil deGrasse Tyson comments the Pentagon UFO Study
Loved Colbert's counterpoint on Neil's use of a non-powered trajectory as a reason to dismiss the possibility of an interstellar craft. And there he goes again saying that because the "U" in UFO stands for "unidentified" that the object "could be anything". Sure Neil, maybe it's a flying plate of spaghetti instead of a Tic Tac. His reasoning shows that Neil DeGrasse Tyson is either intentionally misrepresenting the term or has no real understanding about how the word UFO came into being and was defined and used during official USAF investigations. Which means he's either dishonest or ignorant and lazy ( with respect to UFOs ). It's too bad, because otherwise I like him.

FWIW, today is the one-month anniversary of this thread. One of the Roswell Slide threads carried on for up to eight months.

Another account from Fravor:

This former Navy fighter pilot, who once chased a UFO, says we should take them seriously. - The Boston Globe

It seems pretty consistent with all the existing information. Here's some of the parts that I find interesting as they seem to either confirm some measurements or give some additional information:

The incident occurred on Nov. 14, 2004. It was about 140 miles southwest of San Diego, Fravor said.
The objects had been dropping straight down from above 80,000 feet and stopping at 20,000 feet. “They’d hang out for hours, and then when they were done, they would go straight back up,” Fravor said.
The fighters conferred with the Princeton and were told to head to a rendezvous point 60 miles away. They headed toward it when the Princeton told them that radar had picked up the object again — already at the rendezvous point.

When the two jets got there, the object had disappeared. Why it decided to go there of all places is a mystery, Fravor said.
And then there was that speed. “It was impressive. It was fast. It was maneuverable, and I’d really like to fly it,” Fravor said he told the executive officer on the Nimitz afterwards.

He came within nearly a half-mile of it, he estimated. He and his back-seater as well as the men in the other plane saw it with their own eyes for 3 to 5 minutes, he said.
Later, back at the carrier, he told his back-seater, “Dude, I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty weirded out.”
More fighters were launched and, while they didn’t see it with the naked eye, one crew saw it on their radar and video screens, he said.
In addition to the Princeton tracking the objects, Fravor said, the Nimitz and an E-2 surveillance plane in the area could also see the objects on their radars.
But he said he was surprised at the lack of curiosity the Defense Department showed about the encounter, which happened in an area well-known as a Navy training ground.

“I figured someone would come out,” he said. After all, they’d been tracking the objects for two weeks and surely a debriefing would be in order. But no one ever did.

Fravor said if a foreign submarine had surfaced behind a carrier in the area, dire alarms would have been raised and questions would have been asked about how it had penetrated the Navy’s defense.

“And yet now you have many of these objects, like a dozen of them, that are just, at will, just showing up, doing whatever they want, and going away and you can do nothing about it. And no one asks any questions,” he said.
Over the years, it became just a funny story that he would tell friends — until he was contacted several months ago by Luis Elizondo, the man who once headed the Pentagon program, who asked him to tell his story to the Times.

That lack of interest really is the curious part. It's pretty hard to explain without the assumption that it's a known phenomenon to those who make the decisions.

Last edited:
Tom DeLonge finally acknowledges the Nimitz “Party Balloon”

To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science
4 hrs ·
On October 11, 2017, during a broadcast announcing the formation of To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science, our creative team utilized a slide that was intended to be illustrative of the Nimitz case discussed in the presentation. We recognize that the use of this slide without proper clarification created confusion and, most importantly, did not meet our standard of accuracy. TTS Academy is committed to being a trusted leader in the exploration of exotic science and technologies, and we regret this oversight. It is important to note that the evidence presented by the speaker regarding the Nimitz case is derived from the testimony of multiple US military personnel and multiple sensors aboard multiple ships and aircraft operating in conditions of excellent visibility. Furthermore, the US Department of Defense has not denied the account provided by TTS Academy or the retired US military personnel involved in the incidents of November 14, 2004.

:p:p:p**** BREAKING (OUT INTO LAUGHTER) NEWS ****:p:p:p

METABUNK.ORG shows that the Nimitz UFO is really a silver Mylar Party Balloon in the shape of the Numeral One, taken from photographs made in 2005 by a bloke named Steve Mera in Manchester, UK in 2005.

Explained: Photo of "UFO" Used in Connection with Nimitz Incident [Balloon]

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!! :D:rolleyes:

(So, speaking of Bright Shiny Objects in the sky, could this debunking be the “Hindenburg Moment” of To the Stars?)

So one month after I break the hilarious news on Paracast about the tic-tac image being a mylar party balloon, courtesy of Metabunk, the British tabloid the Express picks up on the story, makes it an EXCLUSIVE!!! And is utterly shocked, SHOCKED! I tell you! that such gambling . . . I mean, bumbling is going on at TTSA.

REVEALED: Shock truth about Pentagon UFO picture which convinced world aliens may exist

REVEALED: Shock truth about Pentagon UFO picture which convinced world aliens may exist

EXCLUSIVE: Express.co.uk today reveals the shocking truth about a "UFO picture" that played a key role in the staggering "Pentagon UFO" story that has convinced many people "we are not alone" and intelligent aliens may be flying advanced craft on Earth.

George Knapp will be interviewing Dr. Hal Puthoff this Sunday night on Coast to Coast AM:

Dr. Hal Puthoff on Coast-to-Coast, Sunday Jan 28th

I hope they talk about Puthoff's idea regarding mass reduction in a negative refractive index metamaterial by exploiting the Poynting vector and Maxwell stress tensor terms in the electromagnetic stress-energy tensor of general relativity, I really want to hear more about that.

Tim Binnall, news writer for Coast-to-Coast AM and Greg Bishop get together for a recap of 2017. Included amoungst other grisly Ufological details in this gritty in-depth discussion is the recent reveal, or to others, simply to be known as the ... same, same.

Podcast Hosting | BOAA1028 - Greg Bishop

#freethealloys

Last edited by a moderator:
George Knapp will be interviewing Dr. Hal Puthoff this Sunday night on Coast to Coast AM:

Dr. Hal Puthoff on Coast-to-Coast, Sunday Jan 28th

I hope they talk about Puthoff's idea regarding mass reduction in a negative refractive index metamaterial by exploiting the Poynting vector and Maxwell stress tensor terms in the electromagnetic stress-energy tensor of general relativity, I really want to hear more about that.

Well, Thomas, you’ll just have to get on the phone and call in early to the show and hope you get chosen to get on the air and ask Uncle Hal your question, because otherwise I doubt they will go into any detail at all about the physics.

However, look at the topic of the 2nd half of the show. I copy the blurb from the C2C website.
Pentagon UFO Study/ Fallen Angels - Shows - Coast to Coast AM

George Knapp will be joined by two renowned physicists who worked on the Pentagon's secret UFO study. First hour guest, Eric Davis, who previously studied UFOs and Skinwalker Ranch, and second hour guest, Hal Puthoff, who conducted the first studies of remote viewing for the CIA, will reveal what prompted the Dept. of Defense to initiate the program.

In the second half, authors and paranormal researchers Marie D. Jones and Larry Flaxman share their fascinating look at Satan, evil spirits, and how the
presence of dark angels continues to remain a part of our human experience, popular culture, and spiritual understandings.

======

Do you think it’s mere coincidence that a discussion of Satan should follow after the presentation of Eric Davis and Hal Puthoff about TTSA? I don’t think so. After all, Thomas, you have discussed the presence of dark matter and dark energy here on Paracast. Might you be willing to discuss their possible correlation with the “presence of dark angels” in light of the follow up program dealing with Satan?

After all, Eric Davis has investigated the Skinwalker Ranch and I’ll tell you, Thomas, when I read this catalogue of all the supernatural entitites observed at the Skinwalker Ranch, especially this one called the “Sentient Mist,” I really got the heebie-jeebies about it being one of those “dark angels” of Satan.

SKINWALKER RANCH .

==========
Sentient Mist"

Described by Bigelow researchers as "a neurological electricity". This unique entity is completely black in color, takes the intangible form of a thick smoke. The smoke is described like a disembodied skin of black electrified energy that posses an intellect. Theories hold that this is a pre-transitional embodiment of a not yet formed entity as it emerges from a portal or flashdrone. This shapeless malleable mist will eventually mold itself into a local animal or humanoid.

*Update: this form has been known to take a humanoid like shape with tentacle appendages.

Believed to be a temporary body type taken by a unformed entity. This form may be a temporary non-physical state necessary to survive the physically challenging and complex nature of transversing a wormhole. The mist will typically transition to a humanoid, wolf, or local animal shape once it emerges from the portal and is solidly within our dimensional space.

*update: described as having tentacles which it uses to toxify its victims by inserting via the mouth and thereby suffocating the lungs with what feels like burning dust. This immediately transports the victim into the "spirit world" a nether region the devoid space between earth and the heavens.

This sightings almost always results in a close encounter with an entity. No communication occurs. Will result in a noticeable electric shock if physical contact occurs. Resulting final form is believed to be a lifeless yet physically real creature.
=============

I’m worried about your immortal soul, Thomas. I fear that you are being so naive in believing that there is only goodness to be found at the end of a metric engineered warp drive rainbow. What if you arrive at your paradise one day and find it was Satanic metric engineering all along? Then it might be too late for you, for all the negentropy in the universe will not be able to let you time travel back to this time and space when you still could be saved.

There is a lesson for you to be learned at the Skinwalker Ranch, Thomas. I suggest you make a pilgrimage there to confront Satan in the form of this dark “Sentient Mist.” I will gladly accompany you there in my capacity as exorcist. As I cast out the dark energy of those dark angels, you will learn to appreciate and understand the sublime power of Jesus Metric Engineering and your drive will no longer be warped by Satan.

Last edited:
Oh Brother...
Do you think it’s mere coincidence that a discussion of Satan should follow after the presentation of Eric Davis and Hal Puthoff about TTSA?

Steps to be taken for having any chance in hell of someone taking your subject matter seriously as a scientific question:

Step 1: Avoid all connections to religious nonsense.

Puthoff obviously doesn't:
Puthoff begins with analogical speculation about quantum vacuum energy in physics in relation to religious notions of an all-pervasive energetic field, as in Taoism, Bergsonian metaphysics, and others.
Quantum Vacuum Energy

Described by Bigelow researchers as "a neurological electricity". This unique entity is completely black in color, takes the intangible form of a thick smoke. The smoke is described like a disembodied skin of black electrified energy that posses an intellect. Theories hold that this is a pre-transitional embodiment of a not yet formed entity as it emerges from a portal or flashdrone. This shapeless malleable mist will eventually mold itself into a local animal or humanoid.

So they are researching psychedelics as well?

To Puthoff's defense, I don't think he actually expressed such idea.

Wouldn't that be useless? The space ship still needs to travel in a world with normal refractive index after all.
Watched YouTube video of DeLonge's interview on Joe Rogan show. DeLonge is convinced that the Sumarians were visited by Aliens because one of their cylinder seals showed a bunch of stars - he believes those are solar planets and one of them is Planet #10. He is earnest, but pretty gullible IMO. Don't know why they picked him to champion disclosure.

Wouldn't that be useless? The space ship still needs to travel in a world with normal refractive index after all.
No - that doesn't matter. The electromagnetic stress-energy tensor defines the resulting mass of a body in the local sense, as it undergoes different forms of electromagnetic excitation. So, according to general relativity, you can both increase and decrease the mass of a body, depending on the values of radiation flux that it's experiencing at any given moment. If the object has a positive refractive index, then you can excite the object in a way that increases its mass, and the opposite is true if it has a negative refractive index. What matters is the value of the components of the tensor within the object, not what's going on around the object. In principle, it's perfectly plausible to design an experiment that modulates the mass of a body either up or down. We just haven't been able to do it yet, because the energy levels required to induce a measurable change in mass are extremely high, and I presume that any known material would melt long before a shift in mass could be detected. But perhaps there are solutions to the heating problem that I'm unaware of - I'd certainly love to see somebody pull it off. Tom DeLonge seems to think that this experiment has already been conducted successfully, but I suspect that he's simply gotten his facts mixed up. Dr. Puthoff would be able to clear that up, because it was his idea (or rather, it certainly appears to have been his line of thinking, when he wrote this email to Linda Moulton Howe back in 2012 - he didn't explicitly describe the physics to her, but I deduced his train of thought after reading it in context with Tom DeLonge's recent claim on Joe Rogan's show, regarding a sample of layered bismuth-magnesium that allegedly lost some mass under excitation by THz radiation).

If anybody has George Knapp's email address, I'd like to send him my question. There's no way I'm going to call in and wait on the phone for hours on end to ask it.

Watched YouTube video of DeLonge's interview on Joe Rogan show. DeLonge is convinced that the Sumarians were visited by Aliens because one of their cylinder seals showed a bunch of stars - he believes those are solar planets and one of them is Planet #10. He is earnest, but pretty gullible IMO. Don't know why they picked him to champion disclosure.
Yeah, Tom DeLonge is overly credulous, that's for sure. It looks to me like he simply had the time, the money to travel for various meetings, and the enthusiasm to get the ball rolling. Plus, he does seem like a very nice and respectful guy. So it's not too surprising to me that he was able to pull together this group of people. They wanted to do something more with this subject as well, and Tom DeLonge simply offered them the opportunity to meet and work it out.

I know that's not the popular view among the online conspiracy theorists who assume that this whole thing is some kind of nefarious government disinformation campaign. But that's how I see it. And I wouldn't call this "disclosure" - Luis Elizondo had to leave the government to go about this in the private sector. And the people inside of the government don't seem to be too happy about it - they've been flooding YouTube with a bunch of BS to make it harder to get credible information about this story:

The US Counterintelligence Response to News about the Pentagon UFO Program

Well, Thomas, you’ll just have to get on the phone and call in early to the show and hope you get chosen to get on the air and ask Uncle Hal your question, because otherwise I doubt they will go into any detail at all about the physics.

However, look at the topic of the 2nd half of the show. I copy the blurb from the C2C website.
Pentagon UFO Study/ Fallen Angels - Shows - Coast to Coast AM

George Knapp will be joined by two renowned physicists who worked on the Pentagon's secret UFO study. First hour guest, Eric Davis, who previously studied UFOs and Skinwalker Ranch, and second hour guest, Hal Puthoff, who conducted the first studies of remote viewing for the CIA, will reveal what prompted the Dept. of Defense to initiate the program.

In the second half, authors and paranormal researchers Marie D. Jones and Larry Flaxman share their fascinating look at Satan, evil spirits, and how the
presence of dark angels continues to remain a part of our human experience, popular culture, and spiritual understandings.

======

Do you think it’s mere coincidence that a discussion of Satan should follow after the presentation of Eric Davis and Hal Puthoff about TTSA? I don’t think so. After all, Thomas, you have discussed the presence of dark matter and dark energy here on Paracast. Might you be willing to discuss their possible correlation with the “presence of dark angels” in light of the follow up program dealing with Satan?

After all, Eric Davis has investigated the Skinwalker Ranch and I’ll tell you, Thomas, when I read this catalogue of all the supernatural entitites observed at the Skinwalker Ranch, especially this one called the “Sentient Mist,” I really got the heebie-jeebies about it being one of those “dark angels” of Satan.

SKINWALKER RANCH .

==========
Sentient Mist"

*Update: this form has been known to take a humanoid like shape with tentacle appendages.

Believed to be a temporary body type taken by a unformed entity. This form may be a temporary non-physical state necessary to survive the physically challenging and complex nature of transversing a wormhole. The mist will typically transition to a humanoid, wolf, or local animal shape once it emerges from the portal and is solidly within our dimensional space.

*update: described as having tentacles which it uses to toxify its victims by inserting via the mouth and thereby suffocating the lungs with what feels like burning dust. This immediately transports the victim into the "spirit world" a nether region the devoid space between earth and the heavens.

This sightings almost always results in a close encounter with an entity. No communication occurs. Will result in a noticeable electric shock if physical contact occurs. Resulting final form is believed to be a lifeless yet physically real creature.
=============

I’m worried about your immortal soul, Thomas. I fear that you are being so naive in believing that there is only goodness to be found at the end of a metric engineered warp drive rainbow. What if you arrive at your paradise one day and find it was Satanic metric engineering all along? Then it might be too late for you, for all the negentropy in the universe will not be able to let you time travel back to this time and space when you still could be saved.

There is a lesson for you to be learned at the Skinwalker Ranch, Thomas. I suggest you make a pilgrimage there to confront Satan in the form of this dark “Sentient Mist.” I will gladly accompany you there in my capacity as exorcist. As I cast out the dark energy of those dark angels, you will learn to appreciate and understand the sublime power of Jesus Metric Engineering and your drive will no longer be warped by Satan.
Hahaha - pure comedic gold, man...you've been on a roll lately. Or were you always this funny but I'm only now noticing? Hmm.

You are joking, right? I can't be sure with you, after that "forensic anagrammatical analysis" post - which evidently you posted in all seriousness (which still kinda freaks me out, frankly).

Raving madman....king of comedy...or both?? Tough to say really. Perhaps that's the enduring mystery of an Andy-Kaufman-like genius =D

Last edited:

Plausible deniability?

Dr. Puthoff would be able to clear that up, because it was his idea (or rather, it certainly appears to have been his line of thinking, when he wrote this email to Linda Moulton Howe back in 2012 - he didn't explicitly describe the physics to her, but I deduced his train of thought after reading it in context with Tom DeLonge's recent claim on Joe Rogan's show, regarding a sample of layered bismuth-magnesium that allegedly lost some mass under excitation by THz radiation).

Which basically assumes, among other things, that Puthoff:
- Didn't understand the research he quite clearly referred to.
- Doesn't know that those negative properties of negative-index materials don't imply negative (electromagnetic, let alone total) energy. (which seems to be the fundamental misunderstanding in this case)
- Doesn't know that line of thought has been a common mistake and even used erroneously as an argument why negative index materials would be unphysical and can't exist.
- Doesn't know that Victor Veselago, who originally proposed the existence of negative-index materials, already stated half a century ago how the energy density must be and is positive for such materials.
- Doesn't understand conservation of energy. (probable mistake for such line of thought)
- Doesn't understand how complicated, material specific etc. the real energy density calculations are and instead makes conclusions along the lines of: one component has some negative terms -> anti-gravity!
- Thinks none of the actual experts in the relevant fields would have noticed an earth-shattering implication like that.

But then again, he is known as a pseudo-scientist who reputable physicists don't take seriously, so who knows, maybe you are right.

Here's one from the skeptical side, published yesterday:

Skeptic Check: New UFO Evidence | SETI Institute

Seth Shostak and others talk about AATIP, TTSA, those videos they released and most of the time just generally how and why people believe into UFOs and conspiracy theories etc. They repeated the familiar mantras how U means Unknown at least a couple of times, how pilots are not trained observers, astronomers don't see UFOs, the familiar stuff, mostly not that interesting. They mentioned how TTSA is an entertainment company according the filings and how their plans involve spaceships and telepathy. They also talked about (and laughed at aloud) the "psychic spies" remote viewers program as an example of waste of taxpayers' money.

What they didn't talk about, at all, was everything else we have heard about the Nimitz case. They didn't mention the pilots and their stories, even though they talked quite a lot about the videos, and specifically so that they are the only thing we got. They really tried to make it sound like those stories didn't exist at all. Apparently at least some of them still didn't understand that the other video isn't connected to the event, and I think one didn't even know there was a second video.

But if there's a lesson to be learned from that conversation, I think it's once again that sometimes less is more.

Imagine a world where nobody had talked anything about UFOs yet. No Roswell, no abductions, no Ancient astronauts crap, no talk about government conspiracies and disclosure, nothing. Now imagine the Nimitz event happened in that world. Several fighter pilots tell they saw something they don't understand, how there were strange radar contacts, some FLIR footage, etc. What would the media coverage look like? What would people like Neil deGrasse Tyson and Seth Shostak say about it? I don't think they could just laugh it off. They wouldn't have much to laugh at. There would only be that unexplained bit, the one that they admit could be aliens for all that they know.

The problem really isn't that those who are skeptical wouldn't have an open mind, and some of the aforementioned people also made it clear how big a deal it would be to have actual evidence of alien visitation. The problem is all that noise. Thanks to that, it's just too easy to have 50 minutes of discussion without even mentioning the significant part of the story.

Another silly article. So the government "wasted" $22 million, according to the headline. But in the article we're told "The results of the UFO study, if any, are still classified and therefore cannot be evaluated."

Premature to declare the money was wasted then. Still, not premature to be making really silly assumptions, such as:

"However, considering that the more extensive and more scientifically rigorous Project Blue Book was not able to ascertain an alien origin for UFOs, one suspects that the modern project reached the same conclusion, despite claims that unknown technology had been discovered."

Huh? The study done DECADES AGO didn't find aliens, therefore the modern study also won't find aliens? Tabloid-level manure.

'US Government has 'crystal clear pics of UFOs chased by military' claims former insider

“Yesterday, Express.co.uk revealed that in a radio podcast of the Big Picture Science Skeptic Check, produced at the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) Institute, a panel of experts looked at the shocking radar video footage and the consensus was the object shown was just infrared heat from plane engines misidentified by US Navy pilots.”

Skeptic Check: New UFO Evidence | Big Picture Science

PENTAGON UFO BOMBSHELL: SETI experts break silence over 'world changing alien evidence'

Last edited by a moderator:
'US Government has 'crystal clear pics of UFOs chased by military' claims former insider

“Yesterday, Express.co.uk revealed that in a radio podcast of the Big Picture Science Skeptic Check, produced at the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) Institute, a panel of experts looked at the shocking radar video footage and the consensus was the object shown was just infrared heat from plane engines misidentified by US Navy pilots.”

Skeptic Check: New UFO Evidence | Big Picture Science

PENTAGON UFO BOMBSHELL: SETI experts break silence over 'world changing alien evidence'
Heh heh. See, this is exactly what I mean when I say that “disbelievers” are just the flip side of the coin from “believers.”

The FLIR footage we’ve seen proves nothing. Could be out-of-focus jet plumes that only appear to be a single heat source...or it could be something anomalous. It’s neither “proof” nor “disproof,” and people who claim otherwise (on both sides of the debate) are simply fanatics – it takes more than blurry FLIR footage to make a clear and rational assessment.

And all of the BS in those links is coming from one source: the SETI Institute, where Seth Shostak – one of the most ardent disbelievers in American media today (along with full-time UFO debunker Jim Oberg, and a few others who wouldn’t believe in aliens even if one walked up to them and bit their noses off, like Neil deGrasse “ho-ho I’ll believe in aliens when I can have dinner with one” Tyson).

As we’ve already seen, Seth Shostak couldn’t even get the basic facts straight regarding the footage that he labored to debunk:

Seth Shostak loses it

But is he really that stupid, or does it simply behoove him to play this stupid? Hard to say. But what isn’t hard to say, is that SETI’s funding – nay, its entire existence – depends on people believing that alien civilizations are way out there in deep space, not right here in our skies once in awhile, making our top jet pilots flying state-of-the-art combat interceptors feel like biplane operators.

So SETI obviously can’t be impartial – *all of their horses* are in the “radio signals from outer space” race, and any credible indication that alien devices are already navigating our airspace from time to time represents a clear existential threat to their economic survival. Revelations like the on-going 10+ year AATIP program that has issued three dozen reports that we haven’t yet seen, and scientifically analyzed physical evidence, and investigated a slew of military radar-visual cases and gun camera cases and other compelling cases, are what keep people like Seth Shostak up at night.

I actually like the SETI program – we should keep our ears out to the cosmos to see what we can pick up from other civilizations, because the ones coming here apparently don’t want to talk to us. But SETI is the least impartial referee on the subject of anomalous aerial devices, so only a fool would site them as a credible source after their habitual denials about the existence of UFOs/AAVs/whathaveyou.

In fact the only interesting content in that article was offered by Nick Pope:

"I saw the SETI Institute's sceptical comments about the Pentagon UFO videos and thought I'd chip in, as I think they've misunderstood or failed to take account of something fairly important about this.

While I agree that the videos themselves don't prove anything, I think the criticism of them is based on a misunderstanding. What many people don't seem to appreciate is that these videos haven't been illegally leaked - they've been declassified and legitimately placed into the public domain.

Self-evidently, therefore, there's nothing in them that the US government, military or intelligence community regards as particularly sensitive.

Yes, it's a big deal that military jets were chasing these objects, but while they weren't able to catch or identify them, the videos in and of themselves don't prove the pilots encountered extraterrestrial spacecraft.

The real issue relates not to the grainy imagery that's been released to the world, but to the classified analyses that will have been undertaken by intelligence staff.

When I worked on the MoD's UFO project we received a steady stream of photographs and films from the public, and from time to time, over the years, RAF pilots encountered UFOs and sometimes managed to get some gun camera footage.

We'd send this material to the Defence Intelligence Staff and to a unit called the Joint Air Reconnaissance Intelligence Centre (now subsumed within the Defence Geospatial Intelligence Fusion Centre at RAF Wyton).

These imagery analysts are very bright people and have tremendously sophisticated tools at their disposal to enhance and analyse photos and videos.

This is exactly what AATIP and other US intelligence community personnel will have done with these UFO videos, using their own IMINT (imagery intelligence) specialists.

The detailed results of these analyses, perhaps including enhanced, crystal clear images of what the pilots encountered, haven't yet been made public, and may never see the light of day.

In summary, sceptics may not be impressed by the blurry videos that have been made public - and I take their point - but somewhere in the US intelligence community there will be considerably more impressive material.

However, whether any of this can be declassified and made public remains to be seen."

Indeed it does, Nick.

S.R.I. - serious question: if you're so deeply psychologically invested in debunking ufos, then why are you here? I mean, it's one thing to be unsure - in fact that's a perfectly reasonable position. But apparently you're completely convinced that ufos don't exist, and you'll latch on to whatever shaky/worthless sources that you can dig up to support your foregone conclusion. So what could possibly compel you to come here, of all places? I just can't figure it out. Are you just waiting for the next hoax to be exposed so you can laugh at the rest of us, or what? I honestly don't get it. But you put a lot of time and effort into posting your cynical and derisive viewpoints all over this forum. I just don't see what you get out out of it. Seriously - tell us; it's totally baffling to me.

Back