• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From The NY Times: The Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

Free versions of recent episodes:

Harry Reid also writes about the ufo sightings over and interactions with SAC missiles and nuclear weapons bases and says that the U.S. government/military has been studying these events as they've reoccurred since the 1950s. Linked at ufochronicles:

Pentagon UFO Study Examined UFO Activity at Nuclear Missile Sites Says Former U.S. Senator Harry Reid

I don't see how anyone seriously following Robert Hastings's ufo-nukes research over these years could suppose that the US government and military stopped investigating ufos in 1970. In what world?

... I don't see how anyone seriously following Robert Hastings's ufo-nukes research over these years could suppose that the US government and military stopped investigating ufos in 1970. In what world?
Be a bit cautious about believing all the claims Hastings makes and review the Skeptical position. Printy's SUNlite publications cover some. But even with those points made, I still think your question is perfectly valid. There's no reason to think that so long as UFOs are being tracked by military equipment that there'd be no effort to investigate them. After all, when something is in restricted airspace or behaving like some sort of advanced weaponry, it's their job to investigate it. If they don't, then it would seem to me to be a dereliction of duty.

Here's the PDF that covers the Big Sur claim: http://www.astronomyufo.com/UFO/SUNlite6_4.pdf

Exactly. It's as if Project Blue Book and other alleged government UFO investigations barely or never existed.

Maybe it’s because the investigation was based on DOD data instead of civilian accounts ? And the real idea/mandate of blue book at the time may have been to find a way to defuse interest in a phenomena that displayed craft behaviors beyond understood theoretical physics back in the 1960s. The context of a Cold War with the soviets and it’s paranoid leaderships and populations kind of supports this.

This new investigation should obviously be way more detailed and credible. This disclosure puts a gun to the head of the DOD and fearful evangelicals petrified by this kind of stuff. Arthur C. Clarke would turn in his grave learning that such ignorance and primitive ideology was still a force in 2017.

Yeah, I located and uploaded clip in question after I have received a lead a week ago that it will happen. It was already posted on the thread.

Anyway here is the latest batch:

2017-12-20 - CNN: Tonight with Dan Lemon: New Interview with Neil deGrasse Tyson on the Pentagon UFO Study 2

2017-12-23 - CNN: Newsroom with Anna Cabrera: Interview with David Lincoln on the Pentagon UFO Study

2017-12-21 - Coast to Coat – New Interview with George Knapp
NASA Cover-Up & UFO-Military War - Shows - Coast to Coast AM

I sent George Knapp an email looking for clarification on the background information on the "Gimbal" video and received the following reply:

"I am told the full provenance of that video will be made public soon. It was shown to the NY Times."

I sent George Knapp an email looking for clarification on the background information on the "Gimbal" video and received the following reply:

"I am told the full provenance of that video will be made public soon. It was shown to the NY Times."
Many thanks ... GIANTKCATUS or perhaps LEAPINGKACTUS.
Either way, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
NYT: GIMBAL Video of U.S. Navy Jet Encounter with Unknown Object

Here, some may find useful information

It appears as though some over there know about The Paracast ... small world.
Now this is a contribution that I can respect, thank you S.R.I.

There are several people doing excellent work in that thread over at Metabunk.org, and a few posters over there are intimately familiar with these kinds of FLIR systems, so they've posted similar infrared footage that shows how a hot source creates a contrast glare that looks like a cold halo surrounding it (which we see in the GIMBAL footage). And that raises a very important point, for which I have yet to find an answer: how hot is the IR source in the GIMBAL footage? I would think that some expert in FLIR analysis, perhaps a military intelligence analyst, could glean at least a ballpark estimate of the temperature. If it's sufficiently hot, then it's possible that the GIMBAL footage is showing us the rear view of a twin-jet-engine fighter (the heat signature from the two engines can appear to merge, making it look like a single object). And as another poster over there showed, an IR image can appear to rotate due to a slight smudge on a lens combined with a swiveling camera. It's very frustrating that we don't have optical video of the same event so we could compare the two. And the radar recordings to see a bird's eye view of the speeds and trajectories of everything in the area at the time.

There are also interesting issues pertaining to apparent motion versus banking and relative trajectories - its very hard to tell if the USS Nimitz footage is showing us a rapid acceleration at the end, or if that's attributable to the relative motion of the interceptor jets and the target object.

So, frustratingly, the most compelling feature of the USS Nimitz/Princeton case, is the pilot testimony - I have confidence that Cmdrs. Fravor and Slaight did witness anomalous devices executing inexplicable hairpin maneuvers and dramatic velocities (and we have second-hand accounts from the Nimitz group radar operators describing objects dropping from 80,000ft down to the deck on multiple occasions over a span of 2-3 weeks) - but do these tiny little video clips prove it? No, I can't say that they do.

We really need to see the full technical reports and all of the supporting raw data and metadata - the Pentagon has all of that, and all we have at this point is a good story and a couple of very short clips that are very difficult to accurately interpret on their own merits. But on the upside, it sounds like there's more information on its way; I just hope it's enough to conduct a proper scientific analysis.

Ha! Cover blown! Heading to Art Bell's fortified bunker till it's safe again.... ;)

I understand, as you’re damned if you do or don’t. On one side, there are the hardcore faithful & on the other sit the debunkers.

Even though known as METABUNK, it looks like you’ve found a spot in the middle which produces more signal and less noise, as they seemingly peer through the critical lenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
:p:p:p**** BREAKING (OUT INTO LAUGHTER) NEWS ****:p:p:p

METABUNK.ORG shows that the Nimitz UFO is really a silver Mylar Party Balloon in the shape of the Numeral One, taken from photographs made in 2005 by a bloke named Steve Mera in Manchester, UK in 2005.

Explained: Photo of "UFO" Used in Connection with Nimitz Incident [Balloon]

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!! :D:rolleyes:

(So, speaking of Bright Shiny Objects in the sky, could this debunking be the “Hindenburg Moment” of To the Stars?)

I understand, as you’re damned if you do or don’t. On one side, there are the hardcore faithful & on the other sit the debunkers.

Even though known as METABUNK, it looks like you’ve found a spot in the middle which produces more signal and less noise, as they seemingly peer through the critical lenses.
well put! not really hiding just thought I'd show my cat kactus some love since everyone knows cats exhibit behavior that can't be explained ;) but i'm a truth seeker so I go to metabunk to make sure I'm not consuming crap, and paracast to make sure I'm staying curious and open to the general awe of the universe.

well put! not really hiding just thought I'd show my cat kactus some love since everyone knows cats exhibit behavior that can't be explained ;) but i'm a truth seeker so I go to metabunk to make sure I'm not consuming crap, and paracast to make sure I'm staying curious and open to the general awe of the universe.
Nice… although, you may want to consider standing back @ least 500ft, as it can get rather ugly around here when the shtick hits the fan.

METABUNK.ORG shows that the Nimitz UFO is really a silver Mylar Party Balloon in the shape of the Numeral One, taken from photographs made in 2005 by a bloke named Steve Mera in Manchester, UK in 2005.

(So, speaking of Bright Shiny Objects in the sky, could this debunking be the “Hindenburg Moment” of To the Stars?)
If it was indeed a mylar balloon, then good, Metabunk did their job. I would hope "To the Stars Academy" would not use this image again. But to be clear, this image was not used in the NYT article nor does the Nimitz pilot describe what is seen in the image or anything like it in his interviews. The object he describe in the NYT article travelled from 80,000' to 50' in seconds. It also caused a visible disturbance in the ocean below. These are not qualities usually associated with mylar balloons.

Last edited:
The tic-tac UFO against a blue background doesn't look like the same one in the FLIR video. Also, the one with the blue background cited as a photo by Metabunk is supposed to be part of a video ( not a simple photo ). But the official and complete source video and background info isn't readily available, and that makes the story confusing. We seem to be dealing with different incidents from different sources, and the assumption that they're both the same thing. Also, we have some news reports saying that clear non-fuzzy images are going to be released in 2018. Why all the stalling? Are they testing public reaction? Or is it just speculation rather than fact?

Last edited:
The tic-tac UFO against a blue background doesn't look like the same one in the FLIR video. Also, the one with the blue background cited as a photo is supposed to be part of a video ( not a simple photo ). But the official and complete source video and background info isn't readily available, and that makes the story confusing. We seem to be dealing with different incidents from different sources, and the assumption that they're both the same thing sometimes. Also, we have some news reports saying that clear non-fuzzy images are going to be released in 2018. Why all the stalling? Are they testing public reaction? Or is it just speculation rather than fact?
yes it's indeed confusing. there are two different FLIR videos out there and one pilot who's gone on the record. the information is out there but the media hasn't been so clear when reporting it so people have naturally gotten confused. as far as new releases, instead of stalling it might just be that the images need security clearance first.

That photo was just a stock photo used in Figthersweep article (what we would say in TV media - material and photos used just for the thematic coverage while narrator is speaking). In written media or press it can be sometimes confusing if there is no disclaimer about the source when the stock photo is used (unless it is obvious).

However, in the end decision depends upon the author or the editor. In most TV media features today, authors simply tend to put background stock recordings or photos that are describing thematic atmosphere which is a standard practice. Not a big deal. During the web conference they simply used material from the Fightersweep article which was the most prominent source at the time for the USS Nimitz incident. But for me it was clear what is happening there and would not say it was something sinister behind it. At least in his last post Mick is explaining that situation in the similar context where he is excluding sinister motive. Anyway, as I said not a big deal regarding the debate of the case itself.

Back