• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From The Future: Marie D jones

nameless

Paranormal Adept
Theres something quite hilarious about a Co-host of a paranormal talk show that is some what more high brow, discerning and inteligent explaining how easy it would be to chop ET and snap his neck like a twig. haaaaaaaa lol. funny show. This is an actual book made partly from quotes from paranormal forums. lol

If you're into sci-fi, this episode is for you. In fact, I don't really understand why Gene doesn't do a sci-fi exclusive show. It's obviously his forte, his passion and his frame of reference for everything paranormal .

Personally, I couldn't care less for the entire genre, so I couldn't make it to the end of this show. I do think Ms. Jones did an admirable job of hanging in there.

I loved some of Chris's questions and attempts to re-focus the discussion. But there are just too many good podcasts which discuss these topics from a non-fiction perspective to waste my time on this.

This wasn't an sci-fi episode. I cited sci-fi examples of how time-twisting technology might be implemented, pure and simple.

@nameless, I was cracking up at Chris and his Steven Segal take on how to deal with E.T.

@Berean, I think Gene often frames things so that it is far more accessible to the average joe who is listening to the show. The Paracast isn't just for those immersed in the paranormal. Sci-fi or pop culture references are a good device for this end.

This wasn't an sci-fi episode. I cited sci-fi examples of how time-twisting technology might be implemented, pure and simple.

Gene, I have to respectfully disagree - very respectfully, because you're TheMan. Regardless of your intentions going in, this was in large part, a sci-fi laden episode.

I had some time to kill today so I reloaded the show on my droid and fastforwarded though a lot of it trying to pick out the sci-fi bits. I think you might be surprised at what I found.

Here are some, of the sci-fi movie and TV references I found:

- Dr. Who
- The Forbidden Planet
- Captain Kirk
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Terra Nova
- Attack Of The Rockoids (Forgiven for that one)

Gene, the above sci-fi references were just in the first two segments of the show!

Here are more sci-fi references from later in the show: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Time Tunnel, The Fly, Batman - the TV Series, Somewhere in Time, Star Trek - The Voyage Home ( Star Trek Reboot? sorry, not familiar with that one, and Star Trek Legend?), Farscape - the TV Show, Contact with Jodie Foster, E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial.

My point is not that the show was somehow sub-par. Many listeners may have enjoyed it. I don't happen to be into sci-fi (I have no Idea what Klatu even is). No biggie, I still like the show and will continue to be a listener and forum lurker.

Anytime a guest on The Paracast references a movie, the show gets derailed for five minutes while Gene recites his encyclopedic knowledge of the film and TV industry and names every actor who was involved in that particular production.

Missing time is right.

Gene, I have to respectfully disagree - very respectfully, because you're TheMan. Regardless of your intentions going in, this was in large part, a sci-fi laden episode.

I had some time to kill today so I reloaded the show on my droid and fastforwarded though a lot of it trying to pick out the sci-fi bits. I think you might be surprised at what I found.

Here are some, of the sci-fi movie and TV references I found:

- Dr. Who
- The Forbidden Planet
- Captain Kirk
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Terra Nova
- Attack Of The Rockoids (Forgiven for that one)

Gene, the above sci-fi references were just in the first two segments of the show!

Here are more sci-fi references from later in the show: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Time Tunnel, The Fly, Batman - the TV Series, Somewhere in Time, Star Trek - The Voyage Home ( Star Trek Reboot? sorry, not familiar with that one, and Star Trek Legend?), Farscape - the TV Show, Contact with Jodie Foster, E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial.

My point is not that the show was somehow sub-par. Many listeners may have enjoyed it. I don't happen to be into sci-fi (I have no Idea what Klatu even is). No biggie, I still like the show and will continue to be a listener and forum lurker.
u missed superman

I have to admit, they had me at Dr who.......

528430_10151875185835037_578461166_n.jpg

Nov21846.jpg

I liked the show partially because it was fun and laid back seeming. I personally like the discussions about various people who claim to be time travelers, but mostly in the way they and other people interact.

The thoughts about ethics and time travel was a nice part. It also makes me think about something that could fit a whole show: ethics and the unknown. There's a lot of potential with the idea of whether or not to shoot bigfoot (ignoring the if questions, etc), hypnosis and alleged abductions, etc. Less sounding like my rambling though, of course.

Back