• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From the Future: Marie D. Jones

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
On Monday, August 13, Chris and I will be recording an episode featuring Maride D. Jones, co-author (with Larry Flaxman) of "This Book is From the Future." This book takes "a journey through portals, relativity, worm holes, and other adventures in time travel," and I expect the interview will be lot of fun.

Your questions are welcomed.

Were you on the show, Blabyboy? Cuz you sound as if you've listened to it already whereas it hasn't been broadcast yet... Wait, I know.. you must be from the future! ;)

But seriously. Shame that I didn't see the thread early enough to post one or two questions. Or five.

Hi All,

Just had to respond after listening to the show. Marie got basic facts about John Titor wrong and sounds like she did not even really research the subject. One example is that JT called into shows, it was Oliver Williams who called and not JT. There were a couple of times that Larry Haber was interviewed. She also stated JT built the time machine, well he never stated that either. Thats just some of the points. Its all a bit disappointing.

Yeah well. At least she doesn't pretend it's all highly important, never before presented stuff. I mean, that story about how the book came to be because they didn't know what to write about next and their publisher asked them for time travel, that's honest. Maybe the book is fun to read and thought-provoking, with all the song titles and stuff, but ...well, sounds like a hack of a book to me :rolleyes:.

Hello Marie and Larry:
If time travel is possible, then where all all the time travelers?
Maybe they are doing time safaris in their disc-shaped craft? Projecting their consciousness into the past, causing light anomalies? Sightseeing over nuclear plants, messing around with people against their time travel behavior rules.... who knows. Maybe they even read posts in this forum.

They aren't reading this forum, but consider this: Would a time traveler actually tell you what they really are?

Well, you would think they would show up at various significant events. One story I remember reading had a time traveler going to various significant events in history to find other time travelers who had similar ideas. Was that Time Patrol? I can't remember. Theoretically you might be able to spot odd crowds of folks in photos of the JFK assassination for example. Then you have the idea of evidence existing for people traveling back in time to actually instigate events such as in Moorcock's Behold the Man.

Well it's not exactly jfk, but remember this little tidbit that was making the rounds a couple of years back?

forgetomori » Time Traveler Caught in Museum Photo?

uploadfromtaptalk1345822660735.jpg

Having just read Strange Angel by George Pendel for the second time I can say that this guy wouldn't necessarily be out of context for the time as given the description of jwp at the time this could almost be him. Everything old is new again.

They aren't reading this forum, but consider this: Would a time traveler actually tell you what they really are?
Conversely, plenty of people claim to be time travellers but are ignored as having mental 'issues' so you can argue that they are already amongst us. The point being that they can't win even when they do say they are here.

So perhaps the question should not be 'where are they' but rather, why haven't they demonstrated the capability at a place where there would be multiple witnesses and on a repeatable media? *thus we open the door for various theories on time manipulation and the secrecy needed for some 'time war'

bb

Back