• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From Christopher O'Brien

And ChrisJohnsen is my friend too. I appreciate the fact that people can disagree and not have that kill a personal association. That's something sadly lacking these days. Randall and I don't agree on everything either, I think we work well together.

I rarely post here, but I'd just like to say how much I appreciated Chris's long and deep contribution to the show. I hope Chris features as an occasional guest, and particularly to let us know of his progress in the San Luis Valley project.

Many listeners maybe don't appreciate that a two-hour show requires much, much more than two hours work if it's to maintain the high standard of The Paracast.

Chris, good luck in your future endeavours - you'll be a hard act to follow. Nevertheless, I reckon Goggs's gradual slipping into your space recently should be fairly seamless if he can put in the time needed. I like Goggs...

But maybe Gene also has a list of occasional co-hosts he can rely on when needed...

I've never actually posted on the forums before, but I felt like I had to for this.

Anyhow, I really hate to see Chris go. His interview on MITD back a few years ago is how I found out about the Paracast, which has given me far more bang for my buck than MITD ever did. Chris brought a lot to this show, but I have faith that Gene will continue to provide quality programming.

I hope Chris will find his way back on here every now and again, but I'm intrigued to see what their separation will bring nonetheless.

I've never actually posted on the forums before, but I felt like I had to for this. Anyhow, I really hate to see Chris go. His interview on MITD back a few years ago is how I found out about the Paracast, which has given me far more bang for my buck than MITD ever did. Chris brought a lot to this show, but I have faith that Gene will continue to provide quality programming.
Thanks for the comment. I share much of your sentiment, and am glad you're still listening and decided to take part in the forum.
I hope Chris will find his way back on here every now and again, but I'm intrigued to see what their separation will bring nonetheless.
I'm confident Chris' new show will make his admirers glad he struck out on his own to do things his own way. I also think that with two shows, Chris and Gene can offer more than either show alone. In the meantime, let me know what sort of improvements you'd like to see on the Paracast. If I find myself becoming more active here, my intent will be to work with whatever good ideas people on the forum can offer.

Last edited:
I think you make a fine co-host as you have extensive knowledge of UFO cases, have had your own strange experiences and represent the ETH point of view thus providing a more balanced perspective to the show.

I'd like to see more episodes where there are two guests with opposing points of view. Having them discuss their points of view helps clarify the pros and cons of each position and I wind up with a better understanding of the entire subject.

From the perspective of one who has heard many many shows, the shows I like the best are those where I learn something new and hear something I haven't heard a thousand times before.

I think you make a fine co-host as you have extensive knowledge of UFO cases, have had your own strange experiences and represent the ETH point of view thus providing a more balanced perspective to the show.

I'd like to see more episodes where there are two guests with opposing points of view. Having them discuss their points of view helps clarify the pros and cons of each position and I wind up with a better understanding of the entire subject.

From the perspective of one who has heard many many shows, the shows I like the best are those where I learn something new and hear something I haven't heard a thousand times before.
I would like to chime in and agree with my esteemed colleague @technomage about having multiple guests on the show with differing viewpoints engage in civil, and hopefully enlightening and educational, discourse on UFO theory, as well as on the cornucopia of other paranormal topics worthy of extended discussion. I feel like after all of these years, and after listening to hundreds of shows, I have a pretty good handle on where Gene Gene The Dancing Machine is coming from, as well as where illustrious former co-host Christopher O'Brien was coming from. One of the silver linings recently of not having a permanent co-host has been the addition of new voices on the show, as well as old friends coming back and sharing their perspectives and opinions. Though I understand the probable need for establishing a permanent co-host, I will miss the renewed energy that different weekly co-hosts have brought to the program thus far.

I think you make a fine co-host as you have extensive knowledge of UFO cases, have had your own strange experiences and represent the ETH point of view thus providing a more balanced perspective to the show. I'd like to see more episodes where there are two guests with opposing points of view. Having them discuss their points of view helps clarify the pros and cons of each position and I wind up with a better understanding of the entire subject. From the perspective of one who has heard many many shows, the shows I like the best are those where I learn something new and hear something I haven't heard a thousand times before.
Thanks for your kind comments and suggestions. It all sounds good to me, but one thing I've learned in my time here is that few people enjoy a healthy debate. The majority don't even know what the Dialectic Method is. Instead they feel threatened and get defensive, or that the "vibrations" aren't right and withdraw, or that every opinion ( especially theirs ) deserves to be given as much weight as the rest, or that their main objective is to promote their latest thing rather than have to defend it. Balancing these considerations in a way that makes the show enjoyable and informative for both the guest and the audience is more of a challenge than one might assume. But I'm working on it.

Is Chris not coming back?
According to a couple of recent interviews he's done elsewhere, Chris has no plans on coming back, but you can always ask him on his website, Our Strange Planet. In the meantime he's working on getting a new show of his own going.

According to a couple of recent interviews he's done elsewhere, Chris has no plans on coming back, but you can always ask him on his website, Our Strange Planet. In the meantime he's working on getting a new show of his own going.

Chris was a great host on the show but you are doing just as well Randall...

PS: sorry for the long absence this covid-19 situation has made my teaching life a nightmare to say the very least.

Back