1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

From Christopher O'Brien

Discussion in 'Talk About the Show' started by Gene Steinberg, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ChrisJohnsen

ChrisJohnsen Paranormal Adept

Mobile Mac Troubleshooter
    I concur that Gene’s long involvement in the field is of tremendous value and interest. His relationships with old school researchers and “characters” in the field are impressive and are of exceptional value to the quality of the show. The perspective and context this gives him, and that he subsequently shares on the show, separate him from every other radio/podcast host out there.

I provide my comments as constructive criticism only. I consider Gene a friend and have mad respect for him. It’s because of this, I feel comfortable breaking his balls over his corny quips and predictable Star Trek references.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

USI Calgary likes this.
  2. ChrisJohnsen

I agree. Continuing interviews with a compelling guest on ATP is another rock solid value-add.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

USI Calgary likes this.
  3. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Forum Super Hero
    Home Page:
    And ChrisJohnsen is my friend too. I appreciate the fact that people can disagree and not have that kill a personal association. That's something sadly lacking these days. Randall and I don't agree on everything either, I think we work well together.

USI Calgary and Spectre73 like this.
  4. Spectre73

Spectre73 Paranormal Adept

Gene - I really enjoy your pop culture references. More please :)

USI Calgary likes this.
  5. Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
    Home Page:
    Our understanding and perception of paranormal phenomena is very much linked to our culture. Sci-fi culture directed early UFO contacts.

USI Calgary likes this.
  6. Azz7092

Azz7092 Paranormal Adept

hahahaha

USI Calgary likes this.
  7. Ian

Ian Paranormal Adept

Media Analyst/Broadcast Engineer (retired!)
    I rarely post here, but I'd just like to say how much I appreciated Chris's long and deep contribution to the show. I hope Chris features as an occasional guest, and particularly to let us know of his progress in the San Luis Valley project.

Many listeners maybe don't appreciate that a two-hour show requires much, much more than two hours work if it's to maintain the high standard of The Paracast.

Chris, good luck in your future endeavours - you'll be a hard act to follow. Nevertheless, I reckon Goggs's gradual slipping into your space recently should be fairly seamless if he can put in the time needed. I like Goggs...

But maybe Gene also has a list of occasional co-hosts he can rely on when needed...

USI Calgary and Ron Away like this.
  8. Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
    Home Page:
    A permanent cohost is on the horizon. But not yet.

9. Creepy Green Light

Creepy Green Light Paranormal Adept

ex U.S. Naval Combat Aircrewman - both Gulf Wars
    Hopefully one day we'll all see the SLV project up & running.

USI Calgary likes this.
  10. TheSteve

TheSteve Paranormal Novice

I've never actually posted on the forums before, but I felt like I had to for this.

Anyhow, I really hate to see Chris go. His interview on MITD back a few years ago is how I found out about the Paracast, which has given me far more bang for my buck than MITD ever did. Chris brought a lot to this show, but I have faith that Gene will continue to provide quality programming.

I hope Chris will find his way back on here every now and again, but I'm intrigued to see what their separation will bring nonetheless.

11. USI Calgary

USI Calgary J. Randall Murphy Staff Member

Home Page:
    Thanks for the comment. I share much of your sentiment, and am glad you're still listening and decided to take part in the forum.
    I'm confident Chris' new show will make his admirers glad he struck out on his own to do things his own way. I also think that with two shows, Chris and Gene can offer more than either show alone. In the meantime, let me know what sort of improvements you'd like to see on the Paracast. If I find myself becoming more active here, my intent will be to work with whatever good ideas people on the forum can offer.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  12. technomage

technomage Paranormal Adept

I think you make a fine co-host as you have extensive knowledge of UFO cases, have had your own strange experiences and represent the ETH point of view thus providing a more balanced perspective to the show.

I'd like to see more episodes where there are two guests with opposing points of view. Having them discuss their points of view helps clarify the pros and cons of each position and I wind up with a better understanding of the entire subject.

From the perspective of one who has heard many many shows, the shows I like the best are those where I learn something new and hear something I haven't heard a thousand times before.

USI Calgary and ChrisJohnsen like this.
  13. ChrisJohnsen

I would like to chime in and agree with my esteemed colleague @technomage about having multiple guests on the show with differing viewpoints engage in civil, and hopefully enlightening and educational, discourse on UFO theory, as well as on the cornucopia of other paranormal topics worthy of extended discussion. I feel like after all of these years, and after listening to hundreds of shows, I have a pretty good handle on where Gene Gene The Dancing Machine is coming from, as well as where illustrious former co-host Christopher O'Brien was coming from. One of the silver linings recently of not having a permanent co-host has been the addition of new voices on the show, as well as old friends coming back and sharing their perspectives and opinions. Though I understand the probable need for establishing a permanent co-host, I will miss the renewed energy that different weekly co-hosts have brought to the program thus far.

USI Calgary and technomage like this.
  14. USI Calgary

Home Page:
    Thanks for your kind comments and suggestions. It all sounds good to me, but one thing I've learned in my time here is that few people enjoy a healthy debate. The majority don't even know what the Dialectic Method is. Instead they feel threatened and get defensive, or that the "vibrations" aren't right and withdraw, or that every opinion ( especially theirs ) deserves to be given as much weight as the rest, or that their main objective is to promote their latest thing rather than have to defend it. Balancing these considerations in a way that makes the show enjoyable and informative for both the guest and the audience is more of a challenge than one might assume. But I'm working on it.

Creepy Green Light likes this.
  15. USI Calgary

Home Page:
    According to a couple of recent interviews he's done elsewhere, Chris has no plans on coming back, but you can always ask him on his website, Our Strange Planet. In the meantime he's working on getting a new show of his own going.

16. marduk

marduk quelling chaos since 2352BC

Combat Epistomologist
    USI Calgary and kanakaris like this.
  17. USI Calgary

Home Page: