• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From Christopher O'Brien

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
In the past two years, Chris O'Brien's participation as cohost of The Paracast has been diminished. He has become more and more busy with outside projects that require his attention.

So I was not surprised to receive this message:

A month shy of the 10 year anniversary of my first appearance on the Paracast as a guest, I’m sad to announce that I will no longer be involved as the co-host of the Paracast radio program. It’s been a event-filled nine+ years that I will always look back at fondly. All the wonderful guests, passionate listeners and amazing, astute forum participants made this program and community one of the most up2speed, informed and respected in the paranormal field. I only hope that my involvement brought some of that respect to the show and that my personal brand of integrity and passion helped push the Paracast toward the top of the heap.

Because of new emerging broadcasting opportunities, a re-invigorated San Luis Valley Monitoring/Camera Project and a difficult follow up book to Stalking the Herd, I find my time cannot be stretched to encompass all of my pursuits. This show deserves 100% involvement and I refuse to be half-ass about anything I do. We make it sound easy, but the Paracast is not simply a two-hour conversation every week. It is hard work that involves research, reading books and show preparation. The past couple of years, I feel that I have not been able to put the time into the show that it deserves and I feel the show cannot be allowed to suffer.

I wish the Paracast and Gene luck and I will always appreciate and cherish the countless kind comments and unflagging support extended to me by this community over my years here.

Some parting words of advice: When they keep telling you to "keep your eyes to the sky," don't forget to sometimes keep your ear to the ground. And, when you dig, you'll find there is usually more dirt to uncover.

If you’d like to be kept up2speed on my projects, send me your contact info and I’ll smuggle you the details of what I am up to w/ all my various projects and pursuits: [email protected]

I am grateful for his friendship and the gift of his time to make The Paracast the best ever.

But The Paracast has always been a show in transition. We will continue to broadcast in the best tradition of our legacy. There will be guest cohosts for the time being, and we might some day choose one or them as our permanent cohost.

I realize that there is going to be unfounded speculation about this and about me. While you are welcome to post your comments here, any defamatory posts will be promptly removed.

In respect to Chris, let's keep it civil, OK?

Chris was an awesome host. It's a shame to see him go. Hopefully he'll keep the forum community updated with the Camera Project.

Chris your contribution to the show was simply phenomenal; your insight and knowledge of so many facets of the paranormal and ancient lore like gold dust. Thank you for the fantastic shows and straight up no nonsense talking.

I avidly look forward to checking out your future work for some acerbic wit and infectious chuckles!

Keep it going though Gene, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed many recent guest co-hosted shows :)

I’ll never forget Chris’ thoughtfulness when we had our group debate on The Paracast about the ETH, or his graciousness at the end of that show. Despite the fact that he leans in opposition to the ETH, he sincerely listened to all viewpoints, and recognized a good point when he heard it, even when it ran contrary to his own thinking on the subject. It’s that kind of unflinching integrity that sets Chris apart from the rest.

Well that, and his shockingly voluminous knowledge about this subject. He constantly blew my mind with insights and anecdotes about so many of the cases and topics mentioned on the show; he’s like a living encyclopedia of esoteric ufological knowledge.

His absence from The Paracast leaves an enormous void behind. You’re going to have to seriously up your game and step outside of the cozy echo chamber of like-minded commentators that you’ve accumulated around you, if you’re going to maintain the superb standard that Chris helped raise The Paracast to, Gene.

You’re a magnificently talented broadcasting professional, so I have faith that you can rise to the challenge. But make no mistake: it is a challenge.

I've been away from the forum and the show while Gene and Chris were discussing the issues that led to Chris' departure. This was because in no way did I want anyone in our audience to interpret my involvement here or on the show as an attempt to undermine or replace Chris, who I have tremendous respect for. During the interim I've been in contact with both Gene and Chris and IMO the arrangement they've come to is a positive one for them both.

With their issues behind them, I'm glad to report that I remain on good terms with both Gene and Chris and will be returning to the forums and show as time and circumstances permit. I also encourage anyone who is interested in Chris' work to contact him as he suggested above , and to follow him on his website Our Strange Planet

From my perspective this isn't as much a loss to The Paracast, as it is a gain the field because Gene and Chris are both tremendous assets and both are now free to evolve in ways that are more suited to their paths in order to better meet their full potential. Best of luck Chris!

I'm glad you're back. Goggs's outright rudeness and vulgarity and Michael Allen's de-intellectualization (in the tradition of Howard Stern) of the entire topic (not to mention that doe-eyed believer, Don Ecker) are enough to drive anyone crazy ! It's also time we got someone who finally thinks the ETH has outlived its usefulness and belongs on the junk heap of history and who truly embraces reincarnation.

I'm glad you're back. Goggs's outright rudeness and vulgarity and Michael Allen's de-intellectualization (in the tradition of Howard Stern) of the entire topic (not to mention that doe-eyed believer, Don Ecker) are enough to drive anyone crazy ! It's also time we got someone who finally thinks the ETH has outlived its usefulness and belongs on the junk heap of history and who truly embraces reincarnation.

The reincarnation joke did not go unnoticed. LOL

You're funny ;) and It got better after reading it a couple of time through :p .

Back