• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Friedman on Ike and the 1955 alien meeting

I Guess, if we look at the Chronology of important UFO Stories leading up to this alleged 1955 Meeting.
We have Roswell 1947. This would be First Contact from ET for some People. Finding Dead Creatures that were from another World, i guess is "Contact?

1952 UFOs over Washington and then the 1955 meeting with Nordic looking Aliens.

The US Government COVERS UP the Roswell Event.

1947-1952. This is a five year gap from Roswell to Washington.

The 1952 event Over Washington. Maybe after 1952. The United States had contact with Aliens. I doubt it!!! but thinking about it more. The 1952 event. These Objects were UFOs, and they flew Pass Washington. This most have sent some shock waves through the corridors of power? Maybe there was Contact after this? I just don't think the evidence is strong enough to form a solid Conclusion. I put it in my Grey basket for now!!

Some very good but not famous UFO cases involving the military that Truman may very well have been briefed on by Air Force Aide Gen. Landry.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case35.htm

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case980.htm

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case16.htm

I think both the Tremonton and Mariana films were shot during the Truman years as well. Truman absolutely had a specific meeting with a dozen aides, including Landry, regarding the 52 DC incident.

http://ufopartisan.blogspot.com/2009/10/trumans-white-house-meeting-on-1952-dc.html

I don't see how Stanton Friedman puts himself in alignment with those individuals as far as saying that Eisenhower met with extra-terrestrial beings.

Generally he's considered credible--he rejected the "autopsy" and Kaufmann, before Randle was forced to--but he's been associated with dubious stories before, like the Plains.

I decline to do so. I may be 100% wrong, but I believe that the President went off duty for the evening and either went to the dentist or did something else...anything other than meeting with aliens from Betelgeuse.

Agreed. If there was a meeting, you'd think it would've led to peace at least temporarily, so the shootout at Kelly KY that year wouldn't have happened.;)

If he was shaken by this then he could very easily have projected that fear onto the American people and decided not to make it public. Like I said, I don't really buy it but it might be plausible.

Here's another take on a possible 1955 'Contact'.

President walks in alien ship thinking he is about to meet angels (lol). However, alien's perception of sentient entity coming in is quite different. These aliens are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands (even millions) of years ahead of humans.

These benevolent aliens perform a complete brain scan of the leader of free world upon his entry in craft. This is followed by a synaptic reconfiguration in the relative certainty that this should do the job of keeping the ant farm in check for a while :))

IMHO contact, if it is possible between highly advanced and primitive species, won't necessarily be a 2-way dialogue. Keeping the illusion of free will with a few synaptic tricks is the way to go 8)

Perhaps getting a grasp on very high strangeness is always beyond our reach due to quantum technological jumps between civilizations of our level and those that have the ability to reach us.

.... Ellie Arroway (Contact:'Carl Sagan') was subject to the same type of manipulation during her meeting with aliens as her perception is replaced with the re-assuring image of her father... sigh. Total power means total control over the information you are willing to share.

To validate such a meeting, you'd have to analyse changes in policies and directives post-meeting. The personal beliefs of Ike may not have been affected but his earth-based global perspective may have ;)

This is where Art Campbell's research and book should kick in to fill the void

I doubt it. The point of a meeing is to reach some understanding, leading to change. But I see no evidence that '55 was a watershed, with regard to UFOs or anything.

I doubt it. The point of a meeing is to reach some understanding, leading to change. But I see no evidence that '55 was a watershed, with regard to UFOs or anything.

One of the support pillars of this event is the Formosa Resolution context.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formosa_Resolution_of_1955

China was shelling what is now known as Taiwan in preparation to an invasion and the US was threatening to use nukes to twart the invasion.

Nukes again ;)

China was shelling what is now known as Taiwan in preparation to an invasion and the US was threatening to use nukes to twart the invasion.

So what--just a continuation of US efforts to thwart communist expansion. They had just gone through a war in Korea.

So what--just a continuation of US efforts to thwart communist expansion. They had just gone through a war in Korea.

The scale is different. North Korea was an indirect confrontation (fed by Russia). Confrontation with China over Formosa (Taiwan) was a direct conflict between major powers requiring nuclear posturing.

In any case, this kind of meddling in human affairs and concern about our future would indicate a hidden framework of vested interests... if the idea has any legs at all.

From my perspective, this is nuts lol. But who knows, maybe our specie has been evolving and propagating on alien assets and the real landlord is getting pissed off ;)

The scale is different. North Korea was an indirect confrontation (fed by Russia). Confrontation with China over Formosa (Taiwan) was a direct conflict between major powers requiring nuclear posturing.

In any case, this kind of meddling in human affairs and concern about our future would indicate a hidden framework of vested interests... if the idea has any legs at all.

From my perspective, this is nuts lol. But who knows, maybe our specie has been evolving and propagating on alien assets and the real landlord is getting pissed off ;)

That's not correct. The Chinese sent troops and fought in Korea.

Had input from both then ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea_–_Russia_relations#1948-1953

On March 5, 1949 Kim Il Sung visited the Soviet Union and asked for economical aid distributed over a period of six years, reports on the status of American soldiers in South Korea and mentions their lack of trade with other South East Asian countries
During Cold War crises, therefore, the DPRK could count on Moscow’s support, regardless of the condition of official relations. For instance, although China’s role during the Korean War (1950–1953) is well-recognized, little is publicly known about the support the DPRK received from the Soviet military, which was officially a non-participant. Soviet pilots contributed to the air defense of North Korea, including the defense of the strategically vital Yalu River bridges. The pilots were from elite Soviet air units, many having served in World War II. However, there were far fewer Soviet pilots and crews than those in the armada of American air forces. In addition to their numerical disadvantage, Soviet pilots were in a tactically unfavorable position. They were based in territory neighboring the Chinese border, were ordered not to cross the 38th parallel under any circumstances, and to carry out operations only above territory held by North Korean and Chinese forces (in order to prevent capture).These self-imposed limits, combined with fuel shortages, drastically decreased the potential tactical impact of Soviet forces. There have been claims that Soviet pilots shot down 1,300 American aircraft in combat over North Korea, including about 200 U.S. B-29 “Flying Fortress” bombers, and that Soviet losses consisted of 135 pilots and more than 300 airplanes. Some scholars consider these Soviet figures "shamelessly inflated." <SUP id=cite_ref-0 class=reference>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea_–_Russia_relations#cite_note-0</SUP>

Right, the US had already gotten into a much bigger fight with them than was likely over Taiwan--or if I remember the names correctly--Quemoy and Matsu. Bottom line: 1955 witnessed nothing really new.

Perhaps getting a grasp on very high strangeness is always beyond our reach due to quantum technological jumps between civilizations of our level and those that have the ability to reach us.

Thats what has always bothered me about high strangeness. Human perception is formed by repeated observations in our environment and our collective knowledge (both intuitive and learned) as to how the world works. As a result humans are very good at things physical in nature. It is the physical intangibles or observational inconsistencies that trip us up. High Strangness is like some weird amalgam of these. I just can't get my head around it.

Much like transporting the average roman citizen circa 100BC to present day NYC. For that individual, we are all gods. He has no basis for even the most rudimentary things he is seeing. Thus, he would be experiencing very high strangeness because his ability to perceive the environment around him lacks the intuitive and practical knowledge needed to process it. Things move at impossible speeds and seemingly come alive with magic or respond to the "God's" unspoken commands.

This is how I choose to reconcile the high strangeness aspect to the phenomenon. It is technology that we are seeing but we simply do not have the needed perspective to process it.

Much like transporting the average roman citizen circa 100BC to present day NYC. For that individual, we are all gods. He has no basis for even the most rudimentary things he is seeing.

He'd recognize all-too-human behavior, certain foods, the wheel etc.

This is how I choose to reconcile the high strangeness aspect to the phenomenon. It is technology that we are seeing but we simply do not have the needed perspective to process it.

Right, and there's also the possibility of deliberate atempts to confuse us.

For extreme strangeness, the actual points of reference needed to properly evaluate the phenomena may not even currently exist or are way too 'down the road' to even consider.

However, making that much of a wide assumption covering all strangeness is a mistake.

IMHO, its a zoo out there and unfortunately we're limited to observing craft geometry and associated behavior. There are very few hints as to the level of sophistication separating us from them and as Trajanus said, deliberate attempts to confuse us, from their perspective, is a piece of cake lol.

There are very few hints as to the level of sophistication separating us from them..

There are hints, but no clear conclusions. Some craft have given the impression of being hardly more advanced; other episodes with e.g. healing rays, make them seem like gods.

Back