• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Freaky stuff happening in my house.

Free episodes:

Magic_Juan

Skilled Investigator
I have had a series of somewhat freaky thing happen in my current home.
It's a townhouse in a new suburb, so there is really no history to the house.
Here is a list of what has happened:

1. In my daughter's room there are 2 twin beds. One she sleeps in and one was in preparation of her little brother switching from crib to bed. She's 4 1/2 he's 2 1/2 yrs.
Well, we had been in the house for about 9 months when one night I sat on the second twin bed to read my daughter a story, which I did every night, and I noticed the hjatch to the attic crawl space was ajar. It is about 2x2 feet square and is really noticable when sitting on the second twin bed. I mean it is absolute immpossible to not see it.
I asked my wife if she had for any reason been up there and she said no of course not. No one had been in our house and it was impossible for our kids to reach it.
It had been very windy the day before and I thought that there was possibly an air leak in the attic that somehow caused a vacuum effect.
So I got a ladder and went to replace the hatch cover and discovered that it was about 9" thick, as it had insulation on the backside and weighed at least 5lbs! My wife and I were freaked out and I spent the next 3 nights sleeping in my daughters room. It never recurred thankfully.

2. Sometimes my daughter will have a bad dream and wake my wife or I and we'll sleep in the second bed in her room. She woke us at about 11pm and I went to sleep in her room. At approx. 2 or 3 in the morning I was awoken by the bed shaking as iff someone was bumping against the side to rouse me. I wife would do this if I was sleeping in my daughter's room and she wanted to wake me without waking my daughter. I sprung up saying "what is it?". As sson as my eyes adjusted I realized there was no one there. I looked to my daughter and she was fast asleep - snoring actually. So I darted over to my bedroom to ask my wife what she wanted and she was fast asleep as well. I awoke her and asked if she had come to wake me. She didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I felt an immediate sense of dread and rushed back to my daughter's room. She was still asleep. The feeling of dread stayed and I felt watched. I barely slept. I told my wife what happened and she was freaked out.

3. Last week the kids were in bed. My son and daughter now sleep in the same room. At about 10pm we heard my son get out of bed and and he came to the top of the satirs and called for my wife from the babygate. At the exact same moment our phone rang once. The caller ID just said: *Caller*. I answered and there was not even a dial tone. Never before had that message appeared on the caller ID. It either displayed the callers' number, their name, or "Unknown Caller"
The freaky part is that when my wife asked my soen what was wrong he said "Phone ring, ring, ringing in my ears". Now, the phone was right next to me and again, it rang only once at the exact same moment my son called for my wife. it kind creeped us both out. My wife slept in the bed with my son in our room and I slept - again - on the second twin in their room.

4. My car's radio died and the dealer said that it neede to be replaced and it had shorted out. I put off replacing it. Almost 4 months later my dad passed away and 2 days after that, my car radio came back to life and has worked ever since. More than 2 years.

One or two of these things happening I would pass off. But the cumulative effect of all these things happening while in the same house is off-putting.

You have to think of each as a separate event, especially the last one that happened 2 years ago. Electronic equipment is interesting in that it can sometimes stop working and then come back to "life" for no reason at all. It could be as simple as humidity having built up, and then dried up.

Number 3 does not have to be a supernatural event. To me it sounds like it was an automated call, which could explain the strange message on the phone, one that I have also seen on caller ID. That your son mentioned the phone ringing, he heard the phone ringing - nothing strange.

Number 2 - anytime you're in bed, you can pretty much throw any "supernatural" event out the window because your mind really messes with you when you're in sleepy state. If I thought everything that happened to me in the middle of the night was paranormal, I'd have my own TV show.

Number 1 - that's really weird, but it really does not have to be chalked up to being a haunting. I've moved stuff in my house and then completely forgotten about it. I remember having had no explanation for something being the way it was, and then I found out that my father-in-law had been over.

Anyway, those are just some some prosaic explanations, and are probably not necessarily right. However, they are infinitely more likely that your house being haunted. Also, keep in mind that you may start finding more strange occurrences and new ways to connect them. It's just the way the human mind works, just don't worry about it and enjoy what sounds like a wonderful family.

Angelo

HI Angelo,
Thanks for your reply.
But I had considered and explored all of the explainations you listed above thoroughly. I am the first to admit that the "bed bumping" one could be a waking dream etc. But my son hearing the phone ringing in his head before it even rang once (the phone was on my lap) is unexplainable and was the last straw so to speak. Automated calls always are identifiable on my caller display by an "s" followed by the number. Never in my life has the phone displayed the message it did.
Yes technically they are all seperate events. But in context with one another - all happening in the same house, I have to look at the big picture. I'm a very staunch skeptic and that is what really kept me from posting the occurances until now - but when all my efforts to seek an explaination that was workable failed, I had to admit that something at least odd and shareable, if nothing else, was taking place.

Thanks for sharing Magic_Juan.
It's sometimes difficult relating these types of events to others especially when trying to explain them accurately. Have you thought about investigating further?, or do you just want the whole thing to go away.

That's just the thing Lance. I was just looking at each thing in isolation as just "oh that's weird. Oh well".
It's only after sitting back after the latest occurance with my son that I looked at the string of events. It's kind of the opposite of what you're saying. I wasn't looking for or paying attention until now. I was passing each off as just one of those things. I understand what you are saying completely and agree. Just not in this case.
There is actually an excercise in Robert Anton Wilson's book "Prometheus Rising" that illustrates what your saying. He instructs the reader to go out looking for found change. I can't remember if it's nickels or quarters. Anyway the more you pay attention the more you end up finding. It's an execise in perception.
my point is, I'm looking back after the fact and finding the string of events more than happenstance.

A shaking bed is just NOT always in one's head! I was watching TV the very last night that Paranormal State was on. During the course of my usual evening routines, I finally went to bed. In the very early morning hours, my bed was shaking. I was SO SCARED! I firstly thought that I must have psychically attracted ghostly poltergeistic energy, due to my pre night-night 'State' of mind. But AN EARTHQUAKE was underway, and this sucker was felt far and wide, made the news, and was a media topic for some time.

1. In my daughter's room there are 2 twin beds. One she sleeps in and one was in preparation of her little brother switching from crib to bed. She's 4 1/2 he's 2 1/2 yrs.
Well, we had been in the house for about 9 months when one night I sat on the second twin bed to read my daughter a story, which I did every night, and I noticed the hjatch to the attic crawl space was ajar. It is about 2x2 feet square and is really noticable when sitting on the second twin bed. I mean it is absolute immpossible to not see it.
I asked my wife if she had for any reason been up there and she said no of course not. No one had been in our house and it was impossible for our kids to reach it.
It had been very windy the day before and I thought that there was possibly an air leak in the attic that somehow caused a vacuum effect.
So I got a ladder and went to replace the hatch cover and discovered that it was about 9" thick, as it had insulation on the backside and weighed at least 5lbs! My wife and I were freaked out and I spent the next 3 nights sleeping in my daughters room. It never recurred thankfully.

2. Sometimes my daughter will have a bad dream and wake my wife or I and we'll sleep in the second bed in her room. She woke us at about 11pm and I went to sleep in her room. At approx. 2 or 3 in the morning I was awoken by the bed shaking as iff someone was bumping against the side to rouse me. I wife would do this if I was sleeping in my daughter's room and she wanted to wake me without waking my daughter. I sprung up saying "what is it?". As sson as my eyes adjusted I realized there was no one there. I looked to my daughter and she was fast asleep - snoring actually. So I darted over to my bedroom to ask my wife what she wanted and she was fast asleep as well. I awoke her and asked if she had come to wake me. She didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I felt an immediate sense of dread and rushed back to my daughter's room. She was still asleep. The feeling of dread stayed and I felt watched. I barely slept. I told my wife what happened and she was freaked out.

3. Last week the kids were in bed. My son and daughter now sleep in the same room. At about 10pm we heard my son get out of bed and and he came to the top of the satirs and called for my wife from the babygate. At the exact same moment our phone rang once. The caller ID just said: *Caller*. I answered and there was not even a dial tone. Never before had that message appeared on the caller ID. It either displayed the callers' number, their name, or "Unknown Caller"
The freaky part is that when my wife asked my soen what was wrong he said "Phone ring, ring, ringing in my ears". Now, the phone was right next to me and again, it rang only once at the exact same moment my son called for my wife. it kind creeped us both out. My wife slept in the bed with my son in our room and I slept - again - on the second twin in their room.

4. My car's radio died and the dealer said that it neede to be replaced and it had shorted out. I put off replacing it. Almost 4 months later my dad passed away and 2 days after that, my car radio came back to life and has worked ever since. More than 2 years.

One or two of these things happening I would pass off. But the cumulative effect of all these things happening while in the same house is off-putting.

These things are also reported by people who experience organized stalking and electronic harassment. To see more:

http://www.stopos.info/os.pdf

sciurus

I've just resigned myself to the view that if someone finds me so interesting as to setup an organized stalking surveillance operation on me, that at least my otherwise boring life is providing someone with entertainment.

I've just resigned myself to the view that if someone finds me so interesting as to setup an organized stalking surveillance operation on me, that at least my otherwise boring life is at least providing someone with entertainment.

Now *that* is a healthy way to look at it!

Actually, I only mentioned OS/EH as an aside - that is certainly not the only arena for strange happenings.

Cheers,

sciurus

Magic Juan your experiences are similar to some of mine which I think may be what my late friend John Keel called Ultra-dimentoinals, but I call..

The Phone Pixies

Once I had a dream that as I walked into my bed room my bed was covered with beautifully colored leaves.
As I walked in they all took to the air and began to flutter about me.
"Oh," I said a little startled by what had just happened," They are butterflies!"
To my surprise they began to giggle and laugh with voices that sounded like high little tingling bells.
I held out my hand and one fluttered over and sat atop my finger tips, and then I noticed it was not a butterfly at all but was a little woman with brightly colored wings that protruded from the back of her little chiffon dress.
She sat with her legs down in to my palm.
I noticed then that they all were these little creatures they all were about three to six inches tall, they all were bare foot and delightful to look at.
"Your a Fairy?!" I gasped, " And this must be a dream."
All of the little creatures giggled when I said this including her and she said,
"No we are not Fairies we are Pixies we are similar but we are not alike.
Just like you are asleep but this is not a dream."
She then stretched out her foot and said,
"See we are almost just like you look at my feet"
I did she had human looking feet like those of a woman with tiny little toes and tiny little painted toe nails.
Then she reached out her hand to show me they were like humans too and her finger nails were painted also.
She was so small I was afraid I'd hurt her if I touched her, but she said that I should not fear, she would not break, and for me to feel her fingers, hands, legs and feet so I would know she was real.
I took her hand between my thumb and pointer finger and was shocked that I could feel little bones in them she moved her hand and griped the rise of my finger tip.
My amazement amused her and they all began to laugh at my wonder and bewilderment.
"See," she said rising up from my hand with a gentle flap of her wings,
"we are just as real as you are."
One by one they began to alight on my hand and allow me to touch them.
There wings were of a thin skin stretched over what seemed to be veins of cartilage and not at all like the wings of insects though they looked like them.
They were soft and flexible, not brittle like dragon fly or butterfly wings, this too shocked me for I thought they would be like the wings of butterflies that would disintegrate if you touched them.
They were painted or powdered to their different colors.
I had only examined about three of them when all of a sudden they all took to the air and began to flutter about me chiming in their little bell voices,
"Oh oh, the phones going to ring... The phones going to ring.... The phones going to ring..."
And the phone rang but it was the phone in my bed room, and it awoke me from this wonderful dream.
That was how this phenomena began.
I would later meet these entities and other people in dreams that would use my phone as a signal that what I was having was more than a dream.
In these dreams they would often say something like,
"And so that you know this is much more than a dream...." Then they would point to my phone and in life that damned thing would ring.
Sometimes it would be calls for me other times wrong numbers and still others no one would be on line at all.
Some times they do not use the phone but other things.
There was a time when a car crash was used, a braking window, and once even my cat Pussen knocking down some Tupper ware in the kitchen.
The thing is the character from the dream would signal that they were aware what was going to happen in my "Home Realm" before it happened at make a jester a second before it does giving the impression that they caused it.
I don't think they caused it, I hope they didn't, but more likely they knew it was going to happen and they were showing me they were as aware of my realm as I was of theirs.
By the way before you ask no it is not that the phone was ringing and I weaved it into my dreams it would be on the first ring that I would awake and pick it up.
Sometimes I do this now without actually being told it's going to ring I just know it and do.

By the way, it may not be your house it may just be you.

Batteries, Magnetics and the Paranormal.

Often I am asked why I have had so many paranormal and supernatural experiences, or Quantum Events as I call them.
I often wonder however why so many others have had so little experiences with the supernatural and the paranormal.
In fact I was warned that because I claim to have had so many encounters of these kinds that I run the risk of not being taken seriously.
Yet I use to not take seriously anyone that said they never experienced anything of a paranormal nature, but of these later days I have grown to think differently.
I have spoken to many skeptics and have found them to be logical and rational people that have honestly not experienced any of the things I have.
Some of them even lament that fact that they haven't.
It seems to me that there are two types of people in the world of the paranormal.
They are Magnetics and Batteries.
All peoples are Batteries and Magnetics to some extent, but the ones I am focusing on here are those people that seem to spark paranormal phenomena where ever they go.
A battery is a person that in general has a high abundance of Psychic energy.
Very often this happens when children are nearing puberty, or in abstinent adults.
Psychic energy is the energy of the soul and is therefore also the energy of life.
When not released via sexual or strenuous activity it remains with the host and builds up much like a charge in a capacitor.
This process can go on for years until the host discharges it spontaneously in the form of poltergeist activity, or the host becomes a focus of Nontal Infestation.
This condition however, occurs naturally in nature also.
There are areas and objects that just because of their shape, composition, location and position along natural geological energetic pathways, and in areas of high Spaceail Migrational Vortexes as well will also build up these charges.
When a battery of the right vibrational levels enters one of these areas the combined forces can cause psychic lightening to strike, so to say.
Holes can be ripped in the thin "wave-lenthal" walls that divide one level of universe from another allowing transmigration of energies and entities between them.
At these times the Battery literally becomes a generator of, or a conduit for a portal between these levels.
The host Battery itself sometimes can become trapped by or pulled into one of these openings.
These are the causes of the O.T.O.Ps (One Time Only Phenomena) that have been reported through out history.
Such as the reported examples of people, animals and objects vanishing or appearing from into thin air before onlookers.
At other times the Battery may view or hear things from other times and levels of the universe as if looking, or listening through a chink in the wall.
However there are times when the host can serve as a battery so to say when they enter an area that is right for psychic discharge and the charge may add to the psychic energy already present within them.
The flow can also be from the Battery into the area.
This I believe is the explanation for many of my encounters.
The apartment I live in was occupied for years by a man that I met on my job.
During the time he lived here with his room mate there never was any paranormal activity that either of them noticed.
I must say during my stay here things were quite different.
I have had multiple encounters with the paranormal here, and sightings of things that I will say were more of an Exo-dimensional nature than alien.
None of these things were reported here before I moved in, yet I do have witnesses to the fact that they have occurred since I lived here.
Then there are the Magnetics, these are the people that seem to find themselves also encountering the paranormal supernatural side of the universe but for them it is not as often, and some would say by choice.
They are very sensitive to the vibrations that are given off by these events and can at times can actually not only trigger them into being, but at times can manipulate them through rituals, prayers and conjugations.
The difference between them and the Battery is that the Magnetics need many to do what the Battery can trigger alone.
This gives them an advantage that the Battery does not have, because there are many the energy is dispersed among them, and so its effects are somewhat dampened.
The Battery however takes it full dose, point blank and solo.
With Magnetics, because there are many involved in the initial ritual the phenomena can only manifest when all are present and so therefore there is some control over it.
It is not so with the Batteries, they are at the mercy or lack of mercy of their manifestations.
It can open at anytime, in anyplace, for they are the focus of this phenomena.
However it should not be over looked that Batteries too can act as Magnetics, for most of them are Magnetic anyway.
Likewise Magnetics can operate as a Battery by being the focus point for the other Magnetics of the group.
This can happen also when a Magnetic is in an area where there is a natural or manufactured focus of these forces.
One can be trained to become a Magnetic, but one is either born a Battery or not, and therein is the only difference between the two groups.
Just as there are those that can draw in and build up this energy, there are those that do just the opposite.
They actually disperse it, or somehow neutralize it.
These Nullifiers, as I call them, will walk into areas of high energy and drain them dry.
They are the ones that you will hear claiming they never saw anything that they would call paranormal.
They are not lying or trying to cover up anything they are telling the truth, they haven't, because their presence absorbs the energy before it can act.
It is not a negative thing that they do, nor is it that they are not observant.
This energy will not flow through or about them they are non conductive and non conducive of this energy.
While most people fall somewhere in the middle, they are just simply at the opposite end of the pole.
This is why they are drawn to chat rooms and message boards, and anything that deals with the supernatural or paranormal, just as true Experiencers so hopefully seek a logical answer as to their experiences.
Because of my multiple encounters with the paranormal and the many forms they have taken, I feel that I am a Battery.
This to me can be the only reason that I can offer for my experiences.
Some reading this article will find such things to be wonderful and wish to have such experiences.
To those that feel this way I now paraphrase an old times saying,
"Be careful what you wish for, you just may be unlucky enough to have it granted."
To read about these encounters and events is fun and exciting, but remember there is always a down side to them too.
I do not call for these events to happen and for the most part I try to avoid areas were I feel they may occur.
There is another side effect so to say, of this being a battery is its often damaging effects on mechanical and electrical devises.
I have noticed this only because I am a musician, video grappler, and what some would label as a computer geek.
Over the years I’ve noticed, how at certain times these devices would suddenly go crazy and stop working, malfunction, or turn themselves off and on in my presence.
Sometimes these things had to be repaired but most of the time if I just avoided them during these times they would seem to heal, or repair themselves.
This effect starts without warning and use to come once or twice a year and last maybe a month or two.
Recently more often than not its results have been far more destructive to my equipment.
It also raises the levels and frequency of the occurrence of paranormal phenomena in my life, or what I call for the lack of a better phrase,
"It heightens the Boogativity levels in my life."
I do not know if it has anything to do with sun spot activity or the thinning of the Ozone allowing more of the suns energy to enter the Earth's atmosphere and me via proxy.
Which brings me to my purpose in writing this article.
I would like to hear from other Batteries, and Magnetics that like myself have noticed a rise in the afore mentioned Paranormal phenomena or Boogativity in there lives.

Thanks Magic Juan for being brave enough to share.
Posey Gilbert

Is your home connected to other homes? If so then possibly someone got across the attic area to remove that access cover. Why they would want to do this is beyond me, but if it were me this event would concern me the most. I think I would lock that access hole.

Like others I have had some weird things happen in the night. Never a bed shaking but other things that I can't really explain other than to say either they happened or I dreamed them.

Beds have been known to shake from spiritual forces. This has been documented in various places and times. Frankly that would wake me up a little bit if it happened to me.There are other explanations like dreaming but there are happenings without explanations other than to say they are "paranormal" or in my terms spiritually driven.

From my perspective if this were a paranormal happening directed intelligently it must be either malevolent or prankish because your friends don't usually go round' shaking beds at night. Those who mean you well don't like to distrub children or people while they are trying to sleep.

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to these conclusions though..if there is something in your house it will either leave you alone or continue in which case you will be able to make a clearer judgment on what is happening and determine how you think it needs to be handled.

If it continues and if it is something paranormal beyond all doubt then no action only allows further incidents.

Back