• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fort Benning 1977

It's a new one on me too. I suppose it could have happened, but there's much to sift through before arriving at any conclusions about it.

I found something about this on

Another Witness for Incident at Fort Benning | Paranormal Daily News
Actually, some years ago I drove Budd Hopkins down to San Diego to meet John Vasquez, and regress him to explore his memories of the events. What a circus! He already had an 'agent', and there was a local TV station there with a camera team recording the regression. If you get the book, it seems to be a regurgitation of that sesssion. Both Budd and I didn't know what to make of the extremely convoluted story. We discussed it on the trip back to the home in Bel Air where Budd was staying while in LA. He offered me a scotch and we tossed our impressions around for a while. We decided that it was so compromised, and the "agent" was so bent on proprietary control of the story, we opted to not pursue it any further. My best guess is that the whole thing was a sophisticated psy-op by elements of some govt agency. I write this before I check the claim mentioned above about a second witness-which I will probably check out after I post this. I am open to any dialogue anyone wants to pursue-or any additional info anyone may wants to contribute. Let the games begin! Humbly, Richard Sarradet aka bbridges

My father was stationed at Ft Benning from 1976-179. He was in the inspector generals office. In a phone conversation with my father he told me that he recals NOTHING like this happening. no choppers downed no training accidents woth noting. and if even ONE chopper had crashed he said there was NO WAY that the IG would NOT know of it. in short it is his opionion that the whole story was a HOAX. also he said it is esay to check this mans service record file DD 214 is open to the public and list all mlitary service that any one could have had.....

Could this be an extension of MKULTRA? A proof of concept as it were, on a larger scale than the typical lab experiment. Feed several platoons your new "hypnotic suggestion C-rations" while on maneuvers, and see if you can create an "event" and then blot out the "event" so that no one remembers it?

Here's a list of goals for MKULTRA...some of it really fits...but who could possibly know. As usuall so much of this is speculation, and who do you trust, and yada, yada...we never get a verifiable answer. (anyhow– 1, 6, 8, 15,16, seem to fit)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA#cite_note-arts.rpi.edu-21

1. Substances which will promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness to the point where the recipient would be discredited in public.
  2. Substances which increase the efficiency of mentation and perception.
  3. Materials which will prevent or counteract the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
  4. Materials which will promote the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
  5. Materials which will produce the signs and symptoms of recognized diseases in a reversible way so that they may be used for malingering, etc.
  6. Materials which will render the induction of hypnosis easier or otherwise enhance its usefulness.
  7. Substances which will enhance the ability of individuals to withstand privation, torture and coercion during interrogation and so-called "brain-washing".
  8. Materials and physical methods which will produce amnesia for events preceding and during their use.
  9. Physical methods of producing shock and confusion over extended periods of time and capable of surreptitious use.
  10. Substances which produce physical disablement such as paralysis of the legs, acute anemia, etc.
  11. Substances which will produce "pure" euphoria with no subsequent let-down.
  12. Substances which alter personality structure in such a way that the tendency of the recipient to become dependent upon another person is enhanced.
  13. A material which will cause mental confusion of such a type that the individual under its influence will find it difficult to maintain a fabrication under questioning.
  14. Substances which will lower the ambition and general working efficiency of men when administered in undetectable amounts.
  15. Substances which promote weakness or distortion of the eyesight or hearing faculties, preferably without permanent effects.
  16. A knockout pill which can surreptitiously be administered in drinks, food, cigarettes, as an aerosol, etc., which will be safe to use, provide a maximum of amnesia, and be suitable for use by agent types on an ad hoc basis.
  17. A material which can be surreptitiously administered by the above routes and which in very small amounts will make it impossible for a person to perform physical activity.

The story itself doesn't sound very realistic. It reads, to me, like a fictional creation or urban myth. Maybe that's why it hasn't been so successful in becoming one of the legends? Two MUFON guys (investigator and State Director) seem to think the case has merit based on Vasquez' sincerity... Amazon.com: Incident At Fort Benning (9781892264046): John Vasquez, Bruce Stephen Holms: Books

Gotta admit, I'm impressed with the size of the population there...120 000 people!

on my request my fater contacted a friend who worked with him in the IG office. upon disscussion of the incident the other man burst in to laughter. once again he rembered NO such thing happening at all. he told my dad that the years in Ft Benning were "Dull".And siad " I WISH we had an alien attack it would have livened this up a lot!" so there we have it... two who were there in that time frame. and they don't recall it at all ! so im my dads opinion and mine the story is a HOAX.

Back