• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Food/drink in contactee and abduction stories?

DrinkinWithSkeletons

Skilled Investigator
Hello all! Longtime lurker, first time poster...

I'm doing a bit of research on the presence of food and drink in abduction and contactee reports. I'm aware of a few (including the humorous Eagle River '61 pancake story), but I was wondering if anyone else recalled the use of food or drink in a prominent case.

Thanks for your help, and I'm glad to be here!

didn't the Antonio Villas Boas case involve him being given a foul tasting drink and furthermore being doused in a liquid before he bumped uglies with a alien of the fairer sex ?

it would be nice to get the alien's side of the story on this case, I wonder if she would be willing to appear on the paracast ?

Hello all! Longtime lurker, first time poster...

I'm doing a bit of research on the presence of food and drink in abduction and contactee reports. I'm aware of a few (including the humorous Eagle River '61 pancake story), but I was wondering if anyone else recalled the use of food or drink in a prominent case.

Thanks for your help, and I'm glad to be here!

just to clarify when you say "presence of food and drink in abduction and contactee reports." it makes me think of at least three possible scenarios:
(1) Food or Drink consumed before an E.T encounter
(2) Food or Drink consumed during an E.T encounter
(3) Food or Drink offered by or to an E.T during an E.T encounter

which one are you most interested in?

Don't quote me on this (I may be in error) but I believe that "Travis Walton" was given "vitals" onboard the "spaceship" he was allegedly abducted by.

didn't the Antonio Villas Boas case involve him being given a foul tasting drink and furthermore being doused in a liquid before he bumped uglies with a alien of the fairer sex ?

Yes! Exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. I've heard so many cases, it's all started to blur together, and need a bit of a memory jog... Thank you!

just to clarify when you say "presence of food and drink in abduction and contactee reports." it makes me think of at least three possible scenarios:
(1) Food or Drink consumed before an E.T encounter
(2) Food or Drink consumed during an E.T encounter
(3) Food or Drink offered by or to an E.T during an E.T encounter

which one are you most interested in?

Don't quote me on this (I may be in error) but I believe that "Travis Walton" was given "vitals" onboard the "spaceship" he was allegedly abducted by.

Thanks, this is a great point. And (in reply to your post on the sasquatch thread I have going on over in the Crypto forum), I'm looking specifically at item 3: food offered by an E.T. during an E.T. encounter (same with Bigfoot). I'm fascinated with this notion of food as initiation, or a means of "keeping" someone somewhere—the parallels between that and fairy food, etc.

I just had a thought, although I'm sure it's impossible to back up. In fae lore, if one did accept food or drink from the gentry, one was doomed to stay with them forever. It would be interesting to know if people who report multiple avductions may have accepted food or drink on their initial abduction.. It doesn't seem so, because the various accounts don't back it up, but it is intetesting to mull over I think.

Edited to fae from the other "F word" as I know it is offensive to them :)

Last edited:
Not sure if this is of interest but apparently "Utopians" like to eat soup, but I am not sure if they offer it to their "guests":

"Numerous interviewees testified that the Utopians ate very sparingly, most often of a concentrated food that was made into a soup-like mixture. The culture was completely vegetarian with no flesh foods of any kind being consumed."*

*Alien Memories and Dreams

I just had a thought, although I'm sure it's impossible to back up. In fairy lore, if one did accept food or drink from the gentry, one was doomed to stay with them forever. It would be interesting to know if people who report multiple avductions may have accepted food or drink on their initial abduction.. It doesn't seem so, because the various accounts don't back it up, but it is intetesting to mull over I think.

True. I guess my survey is really trying to look at how pervasive mentions of food (and threatened ramifications from its consumption) are throughout fae, alien, and sasquatch encounters (that's likely the order of how often these anecdotes occur in each area, greatest-to-least).

That's an amazing idea, though. Maybe "keeping someone there" isn't physical, but implies ownership? Like Whitley said he was told... "We have every right."

Didn't he consume something in Communion? Not to sound like a newbie—I actually lost my copy on my last move, or I'd look it up myself. I know he drank something from the Master of the Key...

Not sure if this is of interest but apparently "Utopians" like to eat soup, but I am not sure if they offer it to their "guests":
"Numerous interviewees testified that the Utopians ate very sparingly, most often of a concentrated food that was made into a soup-like mixture. The culture was completely vegetarian with no flesh foods of any kind being consumed."*

Huh. That's an interesting one... I think it's substantial that in fae folklore, it's usually solid food, whereas alien consumption is usually liquid(ish). Thanks for that.

More mythical food and drink:

Ambrosia (food of the Gods): Ambrosia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amrita (food of the gods): Amrita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Soma (plant and ceremonial drink): Soma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iðunn (goddess of Apples) Iðunn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Peaches of Immortality (Chinese): Peaches of Immortality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ayahuasca ("Herbal" drink that is said to be used to enter the spirit world and talk to the gods/spirits) ((shamanism))

"Magic" Mushrooms

Have you guys considered that there may not be many instances of ETs offering abductees food or drink simply because, in the case of extended abductions, they use IV drips for nutrients/water, or, heck, even a force-feeding tube? That's not super advanced technology, presumably they could do that.

Have you guys considered that there may not be many instances of ETs offering abductees food or drink simply because, in the case of extended abductions, they use IV drips for nutrients/water, or, heck, even a force-feeding tube? That's not super advanced technology, presumably they could do that.

I reckon that if "they" exist and are capable of interstellar travel, then keeping a mere human fed and watered should not present too much of a challenge, however by the same logic if "they" are technologically advanced enough as to be able to travel between stars, then surely they would not employ such primitive investigatory techniques? The frequency of abduction reports would suggest that "they" are not able to negotiate the collection of "samples" for study by less conspicuous means, which makes me doubt "their" ability to travel the vast distances alleged.
I am not saying that the "abduction" experience is not "real", but then I believe anything that you believe in, is real to you. (if that makes sense:confused:)

My guess would be that if there was any dispensing of food and drink it would have little to do with any nutritional value but maybe part of some socialigical conditioning. I could probably word that better but I think I got my point across.

it's kind of ironic that I find myself getting sucked into this conversation even though I am on record ( in several places ) as stating that despite the fact I'm very open minded and am not hard wired to demand empirical evidence on all things paranormal this is one aspect of the paranormal (alien abduction) that I'm most skeptical about... not sure why though.

Last edited:
I reckon that if "they" exist and are capable of interstellar travel, then keeping a mere human fed and watered should not present too much of a challenge, however by the same logic if "they" are technologically advanced enough as to be able to travel between stars, then surely they would not employ such primitive investigatory techniques? The frequency of abduction reports would suggest that "they" are not able to negotiate the collection of "samples" for study by less conspicuous means, which makes me doubt "their" ability to travel the vast distances alleged.
I am not saying that the "abduction" experience is not "real", but then I believe anything that you believe in, is real to you. (if that makes sense:confused:)

My post was not intended as endorsement of the existence any particular phenomena.

I was just pointing out that the lack of stories of food/drink could easily be because of medical feeding procedures.

Back