• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Follow The Money

I don't know what software you are using to host the forums but a relatively new entry into monetizing content is streaming micropayments. There is a company called Coil that allows content providers to receive streamed micropayments in real time from content consumers. It could be an interesting new monetization strategy for you. As an example I hold a subscription to Coil so every webpage I visit that is setup as a Coil content provider automatically receives realtime payments for every second I spend on their website.

I'm not affiliated with Coil or anything, I am just excited about the tech.

Totally McBoataly. I'm not trying to advocate that people go out and buy crypto. I like Mr. Steinberg's idea of trying to add it as another form of payment for his content. I do think that central bank backed digital currencies will take over and that the transition has severe consequences that people aren't considering yet (for example I can hand you a $10 bill and neither of us will be able to prove to a third person that the transaction took place, this isn't true with a cryptocurrency). On top of this I am hearing rumblings of a global economic reset that pushes the masses into digital currencies. Just curious if anyone around these parts has heard anything similar.

From this link. The velocity of money, the speed at which money circulates through the economy, collapsed to a historical low in the second quarter of this year. Theoretically, the velocity of money rises when economic activity increases. While the sudden economic stop obviously resulted in much lower economic activity, the sharp decline also suggests there is just too much money to spend. A quick look at central bank balance sheets confirms this. The low velocity of money also means that even more money is needed to create inflation. So far, however, this has only resulted in asset price inflation.

1598383469469.png

Keep this in mind as you watch Fed Chairman Jerome Powell speak Thursday during a virtual version of the Fed’s annual Jackson Hole, Wyoming, conference.

An interesting twitter thread by an interesting man. Here is a highlight:

Within a year or two, most crypto exchanges will probably only allow withdrawals to "whitelisted" addresses. We'll have separate ecosystems for coins: "clean" coins that can be traced to a regulated institution, and everything else.

An interesting watch:

The day I’ve been looking for has arrived. On Thursday, Fed Chair Powell is expected to announce a monetary regime shift, something that has happened when they began the fiat system in 1913 and again when the transition to a debt-based system was concluded in 1971. There's been a lot of questions and concerns regarding the next most likely outcomes for us both socially and economically. And while I can't tell you exact what's going to happen, I can definitely prepare you for the top 3 scenarios. So today I'm going to show you how to protect yourself from inflation, deflation, and even confiscation.

Here are a few words from the man himself:

You better own something other than debt," Buffett says. "I've been wrong in thinking you could really have the developments you've had without inflation taking hold.

Visa said it has developed a more advanced artificial intelligence system that can approve or decline credit and debit transactions on behalf of banks whose own networks are down.

The ways in which value is transferred are changing at a fundamental level and nobody realizes it yet.

Imagine the seniorage that central banks could capture if they issued Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs). The costs of minting physical money is ongoing. The costs of minting a CBDC is a single fixed amount. You could even make it inflationary if you wanted at the onset and still never have costs (except some server maintenance and security). So much cheaper than physical fiat!

Back