• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

February 22, 2015 — Dr. John Brandenburg

The interview intrigued me enough to google his name, came across this link....if you keep reading in the comments section he responds in the way I think people here hoped he would in the interview. http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2014/11/22/the-two-faces-of-je-brandenburg/
One comment from that linky (Nasdaq7 from South Africa) pretty much sums up my attitude about Brandenburg:
I don’t know if you are religious or not, well I’m not, Noah didn’t get 500 million species into a small ark, but I might just believe this guy.

His nuking theory sounds far fetched, but the data points to it and its up to us to debunk it. He can chuckle about it because its a theory and by golly, he might be right lol !! And there are enough geometric anomalies in the cydonia Mars area to justify sending geologists and archeologists... etc. there to look for artefacts.

If I was facing a diverse 2015 crowd in public space... potentially partly composed of christian or Muslim fundamentalists to present some far out ideas with roots in validated science (nuclear tests of the last 50 years)... unfortunately, I most certainly would not take a serious tone... nudge nudge wink wink, take it for what it's worth. If you have gone through some of my training you'll catch part of my drift otherwise don't mess with my stuff ... interpret it as a joke ha ha la akbar or whatever type thing.

As for Noah and his small ark... in 2015 you could imagine a civilization changing planets... escaping a cosmic calamity with the DNA that makes up a working ecological system... but then I'm just joking haha.

Last edited:
One comment from that linky (Nasdaq7 from South Africa) pretty much sums up my attitude about Brandenburg:

His nuking theory sounds far fetched, but the data points to it and its up to us to debunk it. He can chuckle about it because its a theory and by golly, he might be right lol !! And there are enough geometric anomalies in the cydonia Mars area to justify sending geologists and archeologists... etc. there to look for artefacts.

If I was facing a diverse 2015 crowd in public space... potentially partly composed of christian or Muslim fundamentalists to present some far out ideas with roots in validated science (nuclear tests of the last 50 years)... unfortunately, I most certainly would not take a serious tone... nudge nudge wink wink, take it for what it's worth. If you have gone through some of my training you'll catch part of my drift otherwise don't mess with my stuff ... interpret it as a joke ha ha la akbar or whatever type thing.

As for Noah and his small ark... in 2015 you could imagine a civilization changing planets... escaping a cosmic calamity with the DNA that makes up a working ecological system... but then I'm just joking haha.
LOL- 'screwball fruitbat'

I am not saying we should embrace everything Dr. Brandenburg opines, even with some excellent evidence of the chemical nature of the ground and atmosphere of Mars. However, it is well to remember the last thing he said, about how the general public may just one day wake up to hear we are "going to Mars".
The Vatican had, for some years, been aware of the Sun-centric nature of the solar system. In fact, Galileo jumped the gun pressing his friend, a Cardinal , to speak to the Holy Father to review his evidence , when the Vatican already knew the Sun centered the solar system. They, in fact, were going to publish their position when Galileo started raising sand about it.
It was his impertinence that got him in trouble, not that they didn't know he was right. Government establishments , even when the subject is not uncomfortable for them, like to wait until they have a matter neatly worked out respecting all aspects of a paradigm before announcing things.

In the end, the Vatican never prevented Galileo from sending out his scientific papers thru friends that visited his house while under house arrest ordered by the Vatican.

Back