• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

February 14, 2016 — Whitley Strieber

BTW, I noticed this comment from a year ago:

Did you change your mind since then? (Referring to your comment at this thread that WS is not a real trickster figure.)
well like anyone with a multiple personality disorder i tend to change my mind on occasion. that was an offhand comment about the UFO mythmakers of false claims. after having immersed myself a little more diligently in the trickster ethos i feel that the true trickster plays the vital role of creating change in society. yes, they may be artists, satirists and teachers but they're not ostention practitioners like that ragtag lot is. like Jacobs, Whitley has done a disservice to the study of Ufology. so, if anything it's my definition of the term Trickster that has changed, especially in the context of Ufo Studies where the true Trickster Spirit is embodied in the UAP itself IMHO.

[Liminalist:] "Absolutely, which is precisely why they are working so hard to sell us on the idea of space travel, not because it is a viable future reality but because it ISN'T. But the idea of it, and the belief that it is the solution to all humanity's problems, is in 2016 even more widespread than the belief in ETs, IMO."

Thanks for the clarification, I totally agree.

[Liminalist:] Sure. But you seem to have picked up some of Irvin's indignation along with the information!"

Well of course that information makes me indignant----how can one NOT be indignant when you realize what those guys were up to? Unfortunately that whole "Turn on, Tune In, Drop Out" BS influenced me as a young man. I really don't understand how one can hear Leary talk about "our undercover agents" and not be indignant, I'm all ears if you can explain that to me!

I'll try to read those links on Castaneda, but I must say I'm heavily biased against him (although I read and enjoyed several of his books years ago). If he had anything of substance to offer, he could have been up-front about what he was really saying, or if he insisted on using Don Juan as a character, he could have published the work as fiction---the PhD he was awarded for that misrepresentation is what makes him a fraud and a charlatan, IMO. The gist of his work seems to be more of that "trip out on these drugs and you'll find the spiritual truth" hogwash. If you could sum up in a few sentences what find worthwhile about his work, I'd love to hear that also, because it fits the mystifying (i.e., confusing, distracting) trickster pattern too well for me to see any worth in it. _A Separate Reality_ indeed...

I tend to take a different approach, and rather than ask "How can one NOT be indignant?" ask, "What use is my indignation?"

Indignation comes from feeling personally tricked or deceived, but clearly there is nothing personal about social engineering.

Having said that, I did feel pretty pissed off reading The Super Natural, perhaps because I have corresponded with Kripal, and even Strieber, and am participating to some degree within the same spheres as they are, and so it feels more as if I am being lied to right now, in the present moment. Even so, I recognize my indignation is both useless and absurd, so I do my best to not let it influence or add charge to any arguments I make or responses I have to the material. It's just good strategy: an indignant voice is so much less persuasive than a measured and calm one. Strieber spends half his life indignant and by the sound of him it's almost a default setting. Irvin has alienated a lot of readers and listeners who simply don't want to get close to that sort of negative charge, and IMO he has also lost credibility by being so reactive (tho in a certain sense, as you say, it shows that he is genuinely engaged with the material, and having a human response to it).

I don't think I can sum up in a few lines how I feel about Castaneda. If you skim the piece, your eye may naturally go to whatever it is that is most useful to you... Or maybe this post at RI will do it: rigorousintuition.ca • View topic - The dark legacy of Carlos Castaneda

I'll try to read those links on Castaneda, but I must say I'm heavily biased against him (although I read and enjoyed several of his books years ago). If he had anything of substance to offer, he could have been up-front about what he was really saying, or if he insisted on using Don Juan as a character, he could have published the work as fiction---the PhD he was awarded for that misrepresentation is what makes him a fraud and a charlatan, IMO. The gist of his work seems to be more of that "trip out on these drugs and you'll find the spiritual truth" hogwash. If you could sum up in a few sentences what find worthwhile about his work, I'd love to hear that also, because it fits the mystifying (i.e., confusing, distracting) trickster pattern too well for me to see any worth in it. _A Separate Reality_ indeed...
I enjoyed reading Castaneda's books. It inspired me to want to try and take some spiritual journeys using Peyote or mushrooms, but, alas, I had no access or means to obtain these having no connections to get "safe product". I think the old adage and sage advice that set and setting is most important when doing such adventures.

Is that MKU inspired? Is it really that dangerous? Much of that from my POV seems Native Peoples inspired to go get a vision quest and come back to live by the vision quest if you were so lucky to be touched by these spirit guides...

I have no doubt that if you don't know where the drugs are coming from, then you're taking a huge risk with side effects, etc. Was the LSD produced and distributed for college students in the late 60's and 70's really that safe? Obviously, not for many.

@Liminalist really took to Castaneda, because I think he mentions going to Mexico to become like Castaneda in some respects. I'd love to learn a lot more about your adventures. Do you have a podcast that goes into this in-depth? What years did you do this? I think you mentioned going to S.F. too. Was that for spiritual journeys too or just youthful exploration? What was MKU about any of those experiences?

You can do it in stages. Start with the recent episodes and go from there. So long as you continue to send stuff, that's great. No deadline otherwise.

I'd have to show you how to post stuff, and you'll get the privileges to do so in the "Resource Manager" area that has Paracast+ content if you agree to do it. And the lifetime subscription. But I'd want to see a bit of progress before granting the full subscription. Maybe in stages, OK?
Gene , what can i remove ?The adds i know , but what about the bumper music before and after the adds ?

Forty-four American colleges or universities, 15 research foundations or chemical or pharmaceutical companies including Sandoz (now Novartis) and Eli Lilly and Company, 12 hospitals or clinics (in addition to those associated with universities), and three prisons are known to have participated in MKUltra.[76][77]

Obviously, there were extensive MKU related experiments carried out in university settings, at least in the early years, using these as "front organizations" hiding in plain sight.

I had forgotten much of the records were destroyed...

In 1973, with the government-wide panic caused by Watergate, the CIA Director Richard Helms ordered all MKUltra files destroyed.[50] Pursuant to this order, most CIA documents regarding the project were destroyed, making a full investigation of MKUltra impossible. A cache of some 20,000 documents survived Helms' purge, as they had been incorrectly stored in a financial records building and were discovered following a FOIA request in 1977. These documents were fully investigated during the Senate Hearings of 1977.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

Who really controls America now? It's really unbelievable to me that there is no 10 year review process repeating every 10 years to force investigations into such matters to be certain these kinds of experiments are not ongoing. After 911 just imagine what may have been reactivated with such experiments and mass media mind control management.

Ted Kaczynski
, Unabomber. From late 1959 to early 1962, Harvard psychologist Henry Murray was responsible for the ethically questionable, CIA-sponsored MK ULTRA experiments in which twenty-two Harvard undergraduates were used as research subjects.[82][83] Among other purposes, Murray's experiments focused on measuring people's reactions under extreme stress. The unwitting undergraduates were submitted to what Murray himself called "vehement, sweeping and personally abusive" attacks. Assaults to their egos, cherished ideas, and beliefs were the vehicle used to cause high levels of stress and distress. Among them was 17-year-old Ted Kaczynski, who went on to become the Unabomber, a serial killer targeting academics and technologists.[84] Alston Chase's book, Harvard and the Unabomber: The Education of an American Terrorist, connects Kaczynski's abusive experiences under Murray to his later criminal career.

Does WS claim to be or have any proof he was an MKU subject? Was he located near a facility at the right time to even allow this to be possible?

Last edited:
@Liminalist really took to Castaneda, because I think he mentions going to Mexico to become like Castaneda in some respects. I'd love to learn a lot more about your adventures. Do you have a podcast that goes into this in-depth? What years did you do this? I think you mentioned going to S.F. too. Was that for spiritual journeys too or just youthful exploration? What was MKU about any of those experiences?
I did move to Mexico in search of a sorcerer after reading CC, at age 21. There isn't really any single podcast where I talk about this. As for being MKULTRA-ed, the "Occult Yorkshire" series & Seen & Not Seen explore the subtler ways in which a socially engineered culture engineers us, by traumatizing us and then luring us to self-engineer constructed ego-identities, using the available cultural signifiers around us, just as Strieber (and me after him) drew a public identity (social alter) from 50s sci-fi and Ufo-lore. (This would only be another layer on top of the identity formed in childhood, which is the original "alter.")

MKULTRA's aims extend into creating individuals who will create the culture which will create the individuals, and so on, until it becomes self-replicating and perpetuating. One of the main goals of "Assaults to their egos, cherished ideas, and beliefs .... to cause high levels of stress and distress," IMO was to create highly driven, socially ambitious "movers & shakers" who would do more or less anything to make their mark on culture, in order to try and get free of that programming.

This is known as the kakistocracy: the rule of the worst: kakistocracy - Wiktionary

Forty-four American colleges or universities, 15 research foundations or chemical or pharmaceutical companies including Sandoz (now Novartis) and Eli Lilly and Company, 12 hospitals or clinics (in addition to those associated with universities), and three prisons are known to have participated in MKUltra.[76][77]

Obviously, there were extensive MKU related experiments carried out in university settings, at least in the early years, using these as "front organizations" hiding in plain sight.

I had forgotten much of the records were destroyed...

In 1973, with the government-wide panic caused by Watergate, the CIA Director Richard Helms ordered all MKUltra files destroyed.[50] Pursuant to this order, most CIA documents regarding the project were destroyed, making a full investigation of MKUltra impossible. A cache of some 20,000 documents survived Helms' purge, as they had been incorrectly stored in a financial records building and were discovered following a FOIA request in 1977. These documents were fully investigated during the Senate Hearings of 1977.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

Who really controls America now? It's really unbelievable to me that there is no 10 year review process repeating every 10 years to force investigations into such matters to be certain these kinds of experiments are not ongoing. After 911 just imagine what may have been reactivated with such experiments and mass media mind control management.

Ted Kaczynski
, Unabomber. From late 1959 to early 1962, Harvard psychologist Henry Murray was responsible for the ethically questionable, CIA-sponsored MK ULTRA experiments in which twenty-two Harvard undergraduates were used as research subjects.[82][83] Among other purposes, Murray's experiments focused on measuring people's reactions under extreme stress. The unwitting undergraduates were submitted to what Murray himself called "vehement, sweeping and personally abusive" attacks. Assaults to their egos, cherished ideas, and beliefs were the vehicle used to cause high levels of stress and distress. Among them was 17-year-old Ted Kaczynski, who went on to become the Unabomber, a serial killer targeting academics and technologists.[84] Alston Chase's book, Harvard and the Unabomber: The Education of an American Terrorist, connects Kaczynski's abusive experiences under Murray to his later criminal career.

Does WS claim to be or have any proof he was an MKU subject? Was he located near a facility at the right time to even allow this to be possible?

Very disturbing information, Honey-Pot, but not at all that surprising. Academics are no different from other people in their susceptibility to wrong-doing, especially when they can cover their actions with the cloak of 'science', which is likely how the academics involved in those government-funded projects excused themselves. Yes indeed, it's shocking that 'psychologists' would be so insensitive to the vulnerability of children and young adults that they would indulge in these projects for the benefit of furthering their own careers. And that's what it's about in some academic disciplines in which federal funding is a requirement to support the 'labs' and staff required to do extended experimentation. Getting a government grant for one's research is already an accomplishment in the eyes of university administrators who don't ask questions about the ethical nature of the research but rather support the promotion and tenure of those who bring money into the institution.

It's stunning -- but, again, not really surprising -- that Ted Kaczynski was subjected to transgressive, abusive, experiments that damaged him psychologically, at Harvard no less. What happens in American society almost always comes down to what benefits the PTB, who forge blindly on in grasping for profit, prestige, and control at whatever cost to individuals and to the ultimate health of the society as a whole.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if he has ever referred to MKULTRA by name as the program he was submitted into as a child, tho I imagine he has somewhere, if not in written form. He claimed it occurred at Randolph Air Force base, and that a German (Nazi) Dr Krause was the head of the program there.

@Liminalist, have you or any of your collegues considered producing documentaries for cable television that demonstrate the mind-control devices used in this society, including the intentional injection of mind-altering drugs into a generation that had become acutely and influentially critical of the war in Vietnam and other government policies, in addition to the conditioning programs Honey-Pot has just elaborated on? If so, I'd be happy to serve as an editor at no charge for scripts prepared for such projects.

Nice to see this thread coming to life.
yes it is
Regarding the “false memory implantation” issue, I am definitely on the fence about this, as the False Memory Syndrome is almost certainly a CIA-created cover to discredit any of the probably millions of MKULTRA victims who start to remember their experiences. (The FMS Foundation was created by two people being accused by their children of sexual abuse; interestingly enough FMS and the old “satanic panic” meme is being regularly, and all but exclusively, promoted by the revamped Process Church at their website: THE PROCESS…)
I thought the NOVA memory implantation piece was a little immature as far as research goes but it did demonstrate how we can become collaborators in redefining our reality. Are you saying that there was no Satanic Panic and that all those things really happened to those kids? My understanding is that parental fear is what was at the root of the Satanic Panic which then moved with McCarthyesque like fever through the populace with not a single conviction to show for these supposed devilish tales. I thought The Process was busy working on rescuing animals? No link at work there.

I think this is a really good line to draw, that of the demonstrably physical abductions. I am not inclined to try and argue that faerylore and all the other ancient folklore and myths about human interactions with a nonhuman presence were part of an ancient military mind control program. I think these experiences and the beliefs they generated may well have been exploited, even co-opted, for sociopolitical ends by elites, way back in those days; but the possibility of surrogate experiences being simulated, whole cloth, as physical events is probably fairly new. It’s here that what has generally been a highly subjective, psychic sort of experience blurs into an objective, physical one, and that I think it’s possible to propose an exclusively human-group-generated event.
It is here that we part ways as I just don't see those elite to have enough imagination or to be bothered take time off from their orgiastic yacht ecstasies to create elaborate Dr. Mengele experiments on the masses. I mean why go through all that energy in an age of consumerism and online shopping? The masses are already drugged. There's no need to make elaborate psycho social scenarios when we've got Donald Trump and Donald Duck on TV.
It may appear as if we are discussing one larger, multicultural and age-long phenomenon, but that is exactly what the human-engineered simulation depends on achieving, this seeming consistency with genuine “visitations.” It may seem like it is still a blurry line if we allow that psychic trauma combined with occult ritual, etc., etc., can bring about a materialized psychism. But a) this doesn’t actually imply autonomous beings, much less ETs; b) we don’t necessarily need to posit this as yet, if we allow a combination of psychic (nonphysical) manifestation with human deviance creating physical traces to accompany those psychic experiences being generated. I would guess this is the case with Strieber, that he is triggered/manipulated to have a psychic vision – go into trance state - while being manipulated by humans, who can then leave the physical traces, such as via REE, to support and “reify” the visions.

If there are several different phenomena all being grouped together under the UFO banner, then of course it is not possible to submit them all to a single interpretation, unless that interpretation is wide enough. IMO, the area being mostly left out of the discussion is also the most central and fundamental to understanding it: that of social engineering based on a knowledge and appliance of psychic fragmentation.
I do agree that the UFO Phenomena is plural in nature. I do not see much possibility in the psychic manifestation of any material objects but certainly can see how easy it is to plant these ideas in our own minds. We do create our own memories all the time, convincing ourselves of the narrative as we want it to be with each retelling and reshaping of the story. In this way when we consider our penchant for witch hunts you can see how Satanic Panics are easily made. We have a lust for scapegoats and collective punishment of the other. Donald Trump also confirms this. While we are excellent in proving the reality we want to see after the fact I see no physical traces to these supposed alien experiences.

The sceptics may be saying this, but as I mentioned above, they probably have their own agendas. But memory is a notoriously tricky thing to begin with, and when we add trance states that, if deep enough, resemble waking dreams, then clearly any testimony that includes fantastical elements becomes highly questionable.
agreed
There seem to be too many testimonies of abduction occurring to dismiss it all as fabrication/fantasy. Since I am sure you don’t consider military experimentation to be an impossible narrative, I presume the impossible element for you is that of creating full body hallucinations via external manipulations? Whether this is done via drugs, hypnosis, technology, staged events or, as would be my guess, a combination of all three, I can agree that it is hard to imagine, but so what? I suspect that even all of this wouldn’t be enough to create such a compelling and (for millions of people) persuasive narrative, where it not for the factor of psychic fragmentation via childhood trauma that places the subjects into a permanently dissociated state, and means that essentially they do a large part of the “fabrication” themselves—and maybe even the manifestation?

Impossible isn’t personally a word I use too much. There’s nothing impossible about ETs coming down to experiment on us, it’s just that a) the evidence doesn’t support this hypothesis and b) there is a lot of evidence that supports a very different one, including evidence to suggest that the ET/alien/interdimensional hypothesis has been manufactured, and exactly (or roughly) to what ends.
The elaborate nature of the conspiracy that you are painting just does not ring true. If anything I see the substitution of Satanic Panic with an ongoing MKULTRA plan involving not just sex trade workers and mental health clients but selected people from the children of military families for long term meme creation? Such long term plotting and deviousness in larger sections of the tax paying society requires far too complex a scenario. I feel that there's a lot of conspiracist dots being connected here. Again, I can see experimenting on the vulnerable, but what I've never entertained is the notion that the MILAB interactions of Karla Turner have much basis in reality at all, nor do I see the military complex risking exposure in such high risk activities with large segments of the population. The Rendlesham Forest event seems to be a more plausible approach for such military experiments - controlled, no guns etc.

Whitley's the author of the socially engineered hoax while many others are mere collaborators in their work to confirm the meme. Such things are commonplace. Again, you can find Satanists or witches living next door or under every rock if that's what you are looking for. Some see aliens in their bedrooms. Whitley is the manufacturer while Kripal sees an example that fits his own social theories around religious experience - it's a good fit for him.

Are you saying that there was no Satanic Panic and that all those things really happened to those kids? My understanding is that parental fear is what was at the root of the Satanic Panic which then moved with McCarthyesque like fever through the populace with not a single conviction to show for these supposed devilish tales. I thought The Process was busy working on rescuing animals? No link at work there.
Seriously?

I know it's not cricket to say, "Do some research" but on the other hand if you think The Process was an animal rescue op then apparently you haven't (around that topic I mean).

As for Satanic panic, just because people panic and get hysterical in no way indicates that there is no reality generating the panic.

FOI docs show the discovery of tunnels under the schools at McMartin supporting the children's stories, and the McMartin case is the textbook example of so-called satanic panic. How about UK police form having a box to tick for "ritual abuse"? Are British police also panicking? And the psychoanalytic textbooks? I don't have much patience (read: time) for skeptics about SRA at this stage in the game; if you are genuinely curious then just do some real digging. Maybe start with Stephen Kent, since he is an academic & no one's idea of a hysteric. Mind Control Interview: Dr. Stephen Kent on Masonic Ritual Abuse and Abusive Cults

It is here that we part ways as I just don't see those elite to have enough imagination or to be bothered take time off from their orgiastic yacht ecstasies to create elaborate Dr. Mengele experiments on the masses. I mean why go through all that energy in an age of consumerism and online shopping? The masses are already drugged.
I don't see much by way of logical argumentation here, just a supposition about the perpetrators' character traits (with nothing to back it up) followed by another supposition about consumer society and the masses. If it is true that the masses are drugged, the question is unaddressed as to how they got that way and what is required to keep them like that.

I see no physical traces to these supposed alien experiences.
If we just keep it to Strieber, he has claimed many kinds of physical evidence, including that of his own rape. The implant has apparently been confirmed, though needless to say none of this points to aliens except when combined with his own testimonies...

The elaborate nature of the conspiracy that you are painting just does not ring true. If anything I see the substitution of Satanic Panic with an ongoing MKULTRA plan involving not just sex trade workers and mental health clients but selected people from the children of military families for long term meme creation? Such long term plotting and deviousness in larger sections of the tax paying society requires far too complex a scenario. I feel that there's a lot of conspiracist dots being connected here. Again, I can see experimenting on the vulnerable, but what I've never entertained is the notion that the MILAB interactions of Karla Turner have much basis in reality at all, nor do I see the military complex risking exposure in such high risk activities with large segments of the population. The Rendlesham Forest event seems to be a more plausible approach for such military experiments - controlled, no guns etc.
Maybe I am missing something but again I don't see much by way of an argument here, just an expression of skepticism based on belief. You seem to be referring to Occult Yorkshire, in which I was careful to present documented evidence with a minimum of interpretation, or dot-joining as you call it. The dots more or less joined themselves. If you want to refute the evidence, you first have to cite it. Instead, your use of terms like "does not ring true," "requires far too complex a scenario," "I've never entertained . . . have much basis in reality at all" describe a position of belief, but they don't add up to even the beginnings of an argument.

Whitley's the author of the socially engineered hoax while many others are mere collaborators in their work to confirm the meme. Such things are commonplace. Again, you can find Satanists or witches living next door or under every rock if that's what you are looking for. Some see aliens in their bedrooms. Whitley is the manufacturer while Kripal sees an example that fits his own social theories around religious experience - it's a good fit for him.
If this were the opening or closing statement of an essay that presented substantial evidence for the claim, then it might have some weight to it. As it is it sounds more like the clanking shut of the gates of perception to me....

Liminalist, I love your discussion of Whitley Strieber being an MK-ULTRA subject. I think we're cutting very close here to the heart of the UFO phenomenon, and this is going to be a long post (with links to long articles/papers and their citations), but I do hope Paracasters will read it & consider the merits of this argument. And please note that I, too, used to respect and admire both the UFOs/ET Hyphothesis and the Psychedelic Revolution, so I don't mean to sound like a judgmental jerk who dismisses the topics out of hand. I only share this info because I took these topics very seriously, because the Truth is what I was seeking.....But information I've come across in the past couple years leads me to think that I was tricked, pure & simple----and I hope fellow Paracasters will read this & carefully consider these points without automatically dismissing them. After all, most of us agree that UFOlogy needs a new approach if we want to get anywhere.

After years of being fascinated by this subject and reading many books, interviews, shows etc. on the topic, and spending an amount of time pondering the entire subject that now almost embarrasses me, I used to really think that the Extra-Terrestrial Hypothesis was the answer to this mystery. But then I began learning more about MK-ULTRA and the very likely possibility that most of the 'Psychedelic Revolution" was a controlled-opposition, social-engineering psy-op. I used to be very interested and enthusiastic about psychedelia, but the facade starts to crumble when you find all sorts of troubling facts----the one that started to unravel it for me was the fact that the so-called discoverer of 'magic mushrooms' (R. Gordon Wasson) was the vice-president of J.P. Morgan bank, and got MK-ULTRA funds (MK subproject 58) to promote this agenda with his 1957 Life magazine article which introduced the concept to the public ("Seeking The Magic Mushroom", Life magazine, May 13, 1957).

I'll post a few links to papers with much of the information that opened my eyes to this possibility, but the basic idea is this: the Psychedelic Revolution was merely a public continuation of MK-ULTRA, this time on the public-at-large. With MK-ULTRA, they had secret, captive patients they could experiment on with mind-bending chemicals, electro-shocks, surgeries, over-stimulation, sensory deprivation, etc. (the horrific list goes on) and they learned a lot about mind control. The Psychedelic Revolution was then the society-wide implementation of these effects, but instead of forcing chemicals into captive patients, they created a cultural zeitgeist that *encouraged rebellious people to DOSE THEMSELVES* and they also provided the "set & setting" by which they knew these softened-up minds could be corralled into predictable patterns desired by certain Powers That Be (intelligence agencies and their oligarchical controllers). They wanted to divert the public down lines of illogical, magical, wishful thinking as a way to control the populace and neutralize intelligent, rebellious citizens who threatened to rock the boat. They know that Knowledge is Power, and that the Scientific Method is the key to controlling & transforming our world. So what do you do when there are billions of people, but only so much Land, Food, Money, Sex, Power etc. to go around? You encourage the have-nots to wander into the labyrinth of la-la land.

And this is not to say that psychedelic substances are completely useless---in fact they were showing promise in guided, controlled therapeutical settings with things like alcoholism, trauma, etc. But it was right when they were showing this promise that their therapeutic use was severely restricted, and charlatans like Timothy Leary popped up like the Pied Piper of modern youth, both encouraging Congress to outlaw 'psychedelics' (since they knew this was a better way to attract rebellious dissidents to using them), and also *deeply* entwining the popular understanding of these substances (first called 'psychotomimetics', since they mimicked psychosis!) with religious concepts-----Shlain & Lee's book _Acid Dreams_ highlights how Leary would get angry with young acid-heads who were too involved with politics, and he would chastise them that they should be "seeking God" instead. The plan was to attract the most creative, rebellious, open-minded young people and divert them into fantasy-land, or _A Separate Reality_ (the title of one of Carlos Castaneda's books, himself a fraud awarded a PhD on the basis of a character, Don Juan, who never even existed!). Two phrases come to mind: "Religion is a tool of the state", and "Mysticism is a tool of tyrants."

In 1962, at his U.C. Berkeley speech, supposed-prophet (but likely social engineer) Aldous Huxley uttered these words:
“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.”

This is the heart of the New Age movement, of which the UFO religion is a part. Consider this: In 1932, Aldous Huxley wrote _Brave New World_ where he was supposedly warning society about the dangers of a drugged-out, blissed-out culture who were diverted by chemicals into accepting this sort of soft dictatorship. BUT THEN, in 1953, Huxley corresponded with Dr. Humphry Osmond, the man who coined the term "psychedelic." In fact the point of their private correspondences was *how to effectively market the psychotomimetic drugs*. As Huxley said, "About a name for these drugs -- what a problem!" They then compared little rhyming jingles proposing a few different name for the substances, and Osmond struck on "psychedelics."---

"Entheogens: What's in a Name? The Untold History of Psychedelic Spirituality, Social Control, and the CIA":
Entheogens: What’s in a Name? The Untold History of Psychedelic Spirituality, Social Control, and the CIA - Gnostic Media

Aldous Huxley, 1962 speech U.C. Berkeley ("The Ultimate Revolution"):

Now we should ask ourselves, why would Huxley, who had supposedly been warning us about a drugged-out society, be eager to suddenly market a cool name for mind-bending drugs that made people think they'd found paradise?! His role makes more sense when you learn that his brother, Julian Huxley, was a prominent member of the British Eugenics Society, and their uncle, Thomas Huxley, was a strong supporter of Social Darwinism (he was known as "Darwin's Bulldog", and he also wrote the 1890 essay, "The Natural Inequality of Men")----the Huxleys weren't freedom fighters or champions of social justice, they were racist, eugenicist control-freaks. Aldous Huxley was always careful to couch his discussions in terms of "warnings" and "being concerned" about these "troubling" issues, but there seems to have been a more nefarious agenda beneath his public surface.

As Dr. Osmond (inventor of term 'psychedelics') said himself, regarding his and Aldous Huxley's meeting with Dr. Timothy Leary:
"We [Osmond & Huxley] went out to this place. And Timothy [Leary] then was wearing his gray flannel suite and his crew cut. And we had this very interesting discussion with him. And when we went.. and I don’t think I told you this, Timothy. But the night we went we both said 'what a nice fellow he is.' He says 'he’s a very nice man,' and Aldous said, 'It’s very, very nice to think that this is what’s going to be done at Harvard.' He said 'it would be so good for it.' And then I said to him, 'I think he’s a nice fellow too. But don’t you think he’s just a little bit square?' Aldous said 'you may be right,' he said 'but after all isn’t that what we want?' "

You can hear that above quote come straight from Dr. Osmond's mouth in the below video clip, at a reunion party where he, Leary, and other LSD researchers/promoters got together to reminisce about their social-engineering project:
"A Conversation On LSD":

It includes Leary saying the following in his own words in an exchange which you can hear for yourself in the above video:

Dr. Timothy Leary: "Uh, of course…uh, then, there of course, was part [break in audio – mic muffled] coolness of the Los Angeles [break in audio – mic muffled], uh, [break in audio – mic muffled] cell, whatever you want to call it. But they kept a, you kept a, uh…

Dr. Sidney Cohen: "Would you mind not calling it a cell? Let’s call it a cluster!"

Dr. Timothy Leary: "All right. [Room laughs] Our undercover agents in Los Angeles were very cool about, uh, and yet they did more in a very laid-back way, uh, and it’s every bit as public as some of the other, you know, the buses running around the country..."

Dr. Oscar Janiger: "Yeah, and then Zinnberg says that the visionary experience, and all of the things he was doing at Harvard, and the others, his residence, and the rest he was giving LSD to, they never had a visionary, or ecstatic, or mystic experience. That the whole thing was a California invention, he said."

Dr. Timothy Leary: "Wonderful! They’re right!"

(There's a lot more to discuss about all this regarding how it applies to the UFO phenomenon, specifically how much of UFOlogy could really be the result of this kind of controlled-opposition tricksterism, but this is fairly long, so I'll leave it here for now. But all of this provides some insight into how these sneaky, controlled-opposition cultural movements are socially engineered to divert & confuse society. I can discuss in a later post why exactly the UFO zeitgeist would be useful to social engineers, but for now I'll just say that Dr. Jacques Vallee himself laid out some very convincing reasons in his book _Messengers of Deception_.)

A couple other links:
"R. Gordon Wasson: The Man, The Myth, The Legend---Beginning a New History of Magic Mushrooms, Ethnomycology, and the Psychedelic Revolution": http://www.gnosticmedia.com/SecretHistoryMagicMushroomsProject#R. Gordon Wasson

"Manufacturing the Deadhead: A Product of Social Engineering":
http://www.gnosticmedia.com/manufac...cial-engineering-by-joe-atwill-and-jan-irvin/
i'm concerned about the characterization of Huxley as working for The Man when this guy was all about sticking it to the man and freeing the masses from their class based servitude. Brave New World was a warning for what we have become - a highly class controlled pleasure seeking society drugged out on pharmaceuticals, booze and our consumer fantasies. SOMA sounds like a treat compared to the crap we are ingesting. He wanted to warn people about social engineering and saw responsible drug use as something that could open the doors of perception. He and Dr. Humphry Osmond were working towards wanting to see the successful integration of entheogens into society for purposes much more valuable than tuning in and dropping out. They begged Leary to back off his irresponsible actions as legitimate testing is what they wanted. Look at how this could have revolutionized the treatment of alcoholism but "the man" was not prepared to follow the ecstatic and mystical experience protocols and strapped people to beds and dosed them producing terrible results. Huxley and Osmond were wise about the power and potential of these teachers and as often happens in cultures there is a rise and fall of the potential of the psychedelic. I blame Leary's Guru Ego Trip for the fall. Thank goodness legitimate university experimentation is taking place for humanity's benefit once again. For a real history of our High Culture:
High Culture, Part 1

Seriously?

I know it's not cricket to say, "Do some research" but on the other hand if you think The Process was an animal rescue op then apparently you haven't (around that topic I mean).

As for Satanic panic, just because people panic and get hysterical in no way indicates that there is no reality generating the panic.

FOI docs show the discovery of tunnels under the schools at McMartin supporting the children's stories, and the McMartin case is the textbook example of so-called satanic panic. How about UK police form having a box to tick for "ritual abuse"? Are British police also panicking? And the psychoanalytic textbooks? I don't have much patience (read: time) for skeptics about SRA at this stage in the game; if you are genuinely curious then just do some real digging. Maybe start with Stephen Kent, since he is an academic & no one's idea of a hysteric. Mind Control Interview: Dr. Stephen Kent on Masonic Ritual Abuse and Abusive Cults

I don't see much by way of logical argumentation here, just a supposition about the perpetrators' character traits (with nothing to back it up) followed by another supposition about consumer society and the masses. If it is true that the masses are drugged, the question is unaddressed as to how they got that way and what is required to keep them like that.

If we just keep it to Strieber, he has claimed many kinds of physical evidence, including that of his own rape. The implant has apparently been confirmed, though needless to say none of this points to aliens except when combined with his own testimonies...

Maybe I am missing something but again I don't see much by way of an argument here, just an expression of skepticism based on belief. You seem to be referring to Occult Yorkshire, in which I was careful to present documented evidence with a minimum of interpretation, or dot-joining as you call it. The dots more or less joined themselves. If you want to refute the evidence, you first have to cite it. Instead, your use of terms like "does not ring true," "requires far too complex a scenario," "I've never entertained . . . have much basis in reality at all" describe a position of belief, but they don't add up to even the beginnings of an argument.

If this were the opening or closing statement of an essay that presented substantial evidence for the claim, then it might have some weight to it. As it is it sounds more like the clanking shut of the gates of perception to me....
perhaps I should have said the process is "currently" an animal rescue operation as that is exactly what they are now. that's pretty much general knowledge right?

As far as the Satanic Panic goes I've done the research and already had the debates here on that one, so like you I feel no need to regurgitate the past. You are talking about supposition in a reality that has yet to be proven. There are no convictions on the docket for this one. Yes, the Brits were panicking themselves - it's a social event as previously described.

There's a lot of bullshit printed on social forms by the man. Just because they only list two genders doesn't mean that's all there are and just because it says Eskimo doesn't mean that racist term has any basis in reality. I use the allusions to witch hunts with good reason, because scapegoating is a function in society.

These are well established facts of history so I don't feel like i need to go beyond that. Witch Hunts of any kind are what they are. If you know of a case that proves satnic ritual abuse i would love to read about it as it does not exist - just stories. Yes, children are ritually abused with violence and sex and they do create dissassociative disorders. I've taught a number of them now - sad days. I'm teaching one right now and her reality is an inverted one. That's a real abuse that has disturbed her mind and made new pathways around emotions and self-harm that are connected to how nerve endings join to create ways of seeing the world - it's a synaptic reality. But SRA does not exist except in fantasies and Dennis Wheatley novels. No babies were ever stabbed by children on Satan's altar anywhere that I know of, despite many, many claims to the contrary. If anything it has been proven that the delusional beliefs of Christian parents have in fact tortured their children into believing they were possessed by satan and they needed to be prayed to death with priests directing it. So, SRA - don't buy it, but Christian Ritual Abuse - that's a reality. Ironic, isn't it?

My positions of belief are based on the lack of evidence that I see you presenting. Using the MKULTRA history as a pair of sunglasses to look at disparate narratives and fictions does not need an argument against it. While I know that there is no argument to be had with the conspiracist because the dots have been pre-connected I personally do not see any legitimacy in the stories about possibilities. So, while i'm not creating just as elaborate a refutation of your position I have to say that to do so I would have to invent a counter story which I have - reality. And mine is different than yours because I don't see the potential connections nor do I believe the stories that form and shape these connections despite being a fairly open minded person.

One of Strieber's recent claims is the Greys are based on his novel The Wolfen and the Nordics are based on The Hunger. What's interesting is he used to go on and on publicly naming General Schwarzkopf's minions possibly doing the abduction and anal probing.

Strieber was *already* well recognized by Hollywood with films for both books years before Communion. The Hunger was done in the UK, which means he had recognition there too. Note David Bowie and Deneuve were cast (Nordics).

If there is a conspiracy of managing society, then I think it was already co-opted by Hollywood in control of Strieber's ideas. That's where the real power players are. ET was already very well established in Hollywood. Note the influence of X-Files or Ancient Aliens carrying on these themes. The public mind is already controlled by movies and television over these matters. It's pervasive and incessant and repeating.

Does Strieber really matter at this point in the Alien mind control game? He is one of many before and after his abduction book. He was/is part of the seed team but by no means the master key to unlock the mind controllers. It has to be way bigger than Strieber's importance. He hopped this ufo-train and had an invitation reservation in first class, but he doesn't run the railroad or where it's going...

Follow the money, right?

Last edited:
Does Strieber really matter at this point in the Alien mind control game? He is one of many before and after his abduction book. He was/is part of the seed team but by no means the master key to unlock the mind controllers. It has to be way bigger than Strieber's importance. He hopped this ufo-train and had an invitation reservation in first class, but he doesn't run the railroad or where it's going...

Follow the money, right?
If you are hoping to locate, confront and expose the man behind the curtain, you are a lot more ambitious than I am. My interest in Strieber is as a case study; your comment seems similar to asking a doctor why he is wasting his time with a single blood sample when he ought to be digging through the patient's intestines, already! If the sample is good and the instruments used for analyzing it are sound, then one blood cell ought to be sufficient to make a full diagnosis.

@Burnt State; thanks for the response; I have nothing to add. When someone has decided that they have "reality" on their side, it's time to move down a few bar stools. :cool:

My interest in Strieber is as a case study...
You became a true believer in his Communion book and drew personal connections with your own experiences as being very close to what happened to both of you. This went on for years reading his other books and exploring your own trauma past until the doors of perception unfolded a different view for you to now believe you've been duped or tricked by what Whitley wrote.

So, you're in a unique position to understand Whitley on a level most of us can never approach with such a personal connection. He is a perfect case study for you to pursue. Please keep sharing what you know and have learned. I think it is very important to track and follow many possible ideas and solutions to understand such foggy subjects as these. I can't see clearly enough to possibly know the truth, so I'm limited to the possibilities and probabilities. I'm limited by time and ability to learn what is possible to know. How deep can we really go and arrive at the answers? Can we? Can you? It's just an exploration leading to ?

Back