• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Favorite Videogame

I liked Resident Evil 2 pc. Think it was 2. Where you can play through as a cop and then some girl. Different scenerios.

Yep, that was RE2. I'm a huge fan of the whole RE (Biohazard/JP) series.
Resident Evil 4 (GC) is one of the best so far... RE5 is coming for the NextGen machines (in 2009.) Can't wait! :D

Oblivion looks interesting. Is it?

The previous Elder Scrolls game, Morrowind, is one of my favourite games of all time. It takes a while to get some of your stats up to a level where you won't die instantly when attacking animals in the wild or baddies, but you have to persevere. If you keep going, it pulls you in ... and it suddenly becomes your second home :D.

Oblivion though is graphically superior but is woefully dull imho. It just doesn't pull you into it as much as Morrowind does, and it gets repetitive and tedious after a while. It doesn't take a super computer to run though - you just have to turn the detail settings down a bit ... or use a mod like Oldblivion which allows you to run Oblivion on an older machine.

My biggest gripe though has to be that Morrowind made you believe you were on an alien planet. Oblivion, however, is very medieval with its setting, and there aren't any of the huge mushroom dwellings like there were in Morrowind :(.

Still there is a plus side: Captain Picard himself gets killed very early on :D

Anyway you may like it more than me ... and maybe I will think differently of it if I play it again. I've got all the official addons and things now ... so maybe I'll have another go at it and I may change my mind ... maybe :rolleyes:

The previous Elder Scrolls game, Morrowind, is one of my favourite games of all time. It takes a while to get some of your stats up to a level where you won't die instantly when attacking animals in the wild or baddies, but you have to persevere. If you keep going, it pulls you in ... and it suddenly becomes your second home :D.

Oblivion though is graphically superior but is woefully dull imho. It just doesn't pull you into it as much as Morrowind does, and it gets repetitive and tedious after a while. It doesn't take a super computer to run though - you just have to turn the detail settings down a bit ... or use a mod like Oldblivion which allows you to run Oblivion on an older machine.

My biggest gripe though has to be that Morrowind made you believe you were on an alien planet. Oblivion, however, is very medieval with its setting, and there aren't any of the huge mushroom dwellings like there were in Morrowind :(.

Anyway you may like it more than me ... and maybe I will think differently of it if I play it again. I've got all the official addons and things now ... so maybe I'll have another go at it and I may change my mind ... maybe :rolleyes:

Morrowind have a map add on? I quit playing after roaming around in one town not knowing where the hell anything is. I'd play it again if it wasn't like finding a needle in a hay stack.

I'm currently trying Lionheart off gametap. From the makers of Fallout, Baldurs Gate etc. Pretty cool, but the combat I'm still getting used to.

Oh, what did you play as? One of my initial gripes was how FUGLY the characters were lol. I picked a dark elf.

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl is what I'm playing now. I look forward to Dead Space.

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl is what I'm playing now. I look forward to Dead Space.

Stalker is coming soon to Gametap. Might DL it then:)

Anyone got Fallout 3 yet? I hear it's a lot like Oblivion. I'm trying to wait for the price to come down. 50 bucks for 1 game is pretty steep for me. Though I used to spend hundreds a month on games years ago.

Stalker is coming soon to Gametap. Might DL it then:)

Anyone got Fallout 3 yet? I hear it's a lot like Oblivion. I'm trying to wait for the price to come down. 50 bucks for 1 game is pretty steep for me. Though I used to spend hundreds a month on games years ago.

Dude. Get it. Now.

Yeah its like Oblivion but better. I have no problems with fantasy but its cool to have a different setting you know. Walking around DC after a nuclear was is just too cool.

so yeah, go geddit.

This just in...
"The latest issue of Japanese video game magazine Famitsu has revealed that Capcom plans to release a demo of Resident Evil 5 on December 5, 2008. The demo, which the magazine claims will only be available to Xbox Live Gold subscribers, will offer online two-player co-op gameplay and feature two stages."

Woohoo!!! :D

My fave games:

- Final Fantasy VII
- Lunar 2: Silver Star Story
- Metal Gear Solid
- Dragonquest VIII
- Halo 3
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- Civilizations III
- Starcraft
- God of War III
- Diablo
- Front Mission 4

I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton of games, but off the top of my head, that's what I came up with. I'm a big time gamer, so if you have questions about pretty much any game, I can offer some insight. As sad as that sounds, it is the truth.

Maniac Mansion and pretty much all the early adventure games from Lucasarts like Zac McKracken, Indianna Jones, Monkey Island etc.

Anyone remember Lands of Lore? With the voice of Patric Stewart? Anyway. I like Madden Football. I still think I prefer the '93 vintage though. But my current game of choice is Battlefield Bad Company on my xbox360.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 an awsome addictive game with destructable environments. Before that it was Battlefield 2 the only modern war shooter where 64 players can slugg it out online.

Haven't gamed in a while, I'll have to compensate one day when I retire. I'm a huge RPG fan, guess that will be quite obvious from the list:

Daggerfall
Fallout 1 & 2
Baldur's Gate 2 + TOB
Planescape: Torment
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 & 3
Jedi Knight
Knights of the Old Republic - I almost fell in love with Bastila and her English accent :eek:

Back