• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Family cat saves boy from dog's attack

I'm sure it wasn't staged because the little boy had a nasty wound. Also, as someone said, its hard to train cats.

I LOVE Tara! Admittedly her pitch didn't go very far, but still..
I saw this on the news last year and I could swear that her paws never touched the ground, she was running so fast.
OK. Is it weird to anyone how the mother checks her son, stands up, and runs into the house, forcing the boy to push the bike away, stand up, and run to follow her!?! Wouldn't one, I don't know.. PICK HIM UP AND CARRY HIM INSIDE!?!

In L.A. picking up your kid following a wild animal attack would be considered helicopter parenting, She was just teaching him resilience.

I remember wondering about that at the time this event was first broadcast. I would assume that picking him up and running with him in one's arms would be instinctive. But who knows how far one's normal judgment is scrambled with the surge of adrenalin that that mother was surely experiencing?

Back