• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Faked or Too Good to be True

Are clear sharp realistic looking UFO videos too good to be true?

• Total voters
Somerset England. Interesting.
Rod Dickenson shot this in 1998 near an antenna tower.
Not all 12 minutes of tape are avaialable.
Insufficient information.

The reason the first video shows no reflection of the lights in the water is because the image was over-blurred. In addition to the lack of lights, the first thing I noticed was that the perspective for the reflection is wrong. Lazily, all the artist did was flip the render of the craft upside down. That's not how reflections work. What we should see of the water is what would be visible from the "perspective" of that are on the water. For instance, the craft is doughnut shaped. The hole (the sky beyond the hole, that is) should be visible from the perspective of that spot on the water -- it's not. What the artist actually need to do was to render the original model from the angled perspective a viewer would have of the reflective perspective on the surface of the water. All he or she did was make one, single perspective render, flip it, blur it, and call it a day.

I actually plan on making a video like these, in the near future. Here is a school assignment I used as a procedural test:

George

Object: Orb like UAP. Date: June 2013
Location: Municipality of Santa Brigida, Gran Canaria Spain, in a ravine called "The Leak".

I read the comments on you Tube and I'm not sure about the beetle claim. When I stop/start video against objects like house window, it seems too large for a bug. Some also claim it's remote control toy but for half that video we're zoomed in and I see no outline of an object, only an orb-like light. We get both sun and shade views throughout and some natural video taping mistakes like following object only to have second person in the way of camera.

Object: Orb like UAP. Date: June 2013
Location: Municipality of Santa Brigida, Gran Canaria Spain, in a ravine called "The Leak".

The movement seemed to be like that of a bird - or moth. I thought I could see the flapping/fluttering wings at certain points. A bird or an insect - like a moth - it's flight pattern was like a moth's. A white moth. There were lots of moths/insects flying around. Moths are very annoying - very indecisive like that.

Last edited:
The movement seemed to be like that of a bird - or moth. I thought I could see the flapping/fluttering wings at certain points. A bird or an insect - like a moth - it's flight pattern was like a moth's. A white moth. There were lots of moths/insects flying around. Moths are very annoying - very indecisive like that.
I think you may be onto something. After watching the video in full screen a few times it becomes apparent that the object ( whatever it is ) is much closer than is seems when viewed against the more distant background, about the size of a large moth or butterfly, and some of those can be highly reflective. It could also be something as mundane as a piece or fluff ( like from cottonwoods ) that is floating in the breeze and thermals. That stuff is white and on a video could look very much like what we see. Or it could even be a bit of ultra light metallic coated cellophane floating in the breeze. I don't think the video itself is faked, just something natural misidentified as a UFO.

October 03 2013 - Night orb
FX or RC with light?

This could be a remote controlled model with a light on it. I've seen them
do this kind of thing at night right across from my house.

Or maybe it's more CGI FX.

Several of the posters seem to have a reasonable answer and agree - ""That is a photo taken inside a planetarium. The machine at the bottom is the projector that is projecting images on the wall. In this image the planetarium shows what an impact of an asteroid would look like."

Another: "What we're looking at here is a photo of a projected photo in a planetarium. You can see the projector silhouette. It's clearly just an artifact caused by one of the multiple projectors that are used in such a....What am I saying? It's the MOTHERSHIP! " :D

Another makes a very good point: "That large, that close, would generate its own tide."

Another with a good point: "No way this could be a large object. Millions would have seen it. It would have been a news topic world wide. This guy has knowingly tried to fool the public."

It's always the same - sooooo disappointing! :( Foo!

This thread is for videos, most of which are probably ( or obviously ) fakes only and its aim is to help visitors become better acquainted with the telltale signs of faked vs. genuine videos so as to be able to better identify fakes in the future. Please provide a brief explanation why you think the video posted is faked, especially if you can include evidence ( like a video analysis ) or a backstory. If you have video FX experience please help us !
This is a good thread. I was glad to find a thread to post a video that would let me get other form members opinion of it.
THANK YOU for starting it.

Back