• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Explore the "Real" Area 51 with Donald R. Schmitt

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We all know about Nevada's Area 51 all right. Even the government admits it's real.

But what about the "real" Area 51. You'll learn what we mean when you hear from Donald R. Schmitt, co-author of "Inside the Real Area 51: The Secret History of Wright Patterson." Will this lead us to real evidence that ET is here?

We will be recording an interview with Schmitt on September 19, from 10 AM until Noon.

do you believe the "alien mandible" story from 1979 and is it true it came from Hanger 18 at Wright Patterson? did you have a chance to interview the dentist who had done the work on the alien jawbone?

I had suggested in the "guest suggestions" thread that you have Carey on to discuss this book, why go with Schmitt who seems to have "Imbroglio'd" his education? I met and spoke with Schmitt for awhile once in Roswell, afterwards my then 14 y/o son said of Don "...that dude seems shady"...

So, anyways, given the friction between him and Kevin Randle, and his inflated education and employment record, why does he seem to get a pass while Phil Imbroglio is persona non grata?

Do you think the FACTS known about Roswell justifies the overwhelming attention it has been getting over the last few decades?

Don't you think that Roswell is a major distraction for ufologists that can make better use of their time dealing with the more neglected cases in the field?

My personal view on Roswell:

422150.jpg

Question 1
Don, I like to ask this of many in this field and it is simply: do you believe in a behind-the-scenes 'control-group' whose role is to keep the UFO reality a secret and to deal with related events as and when they come up?

- You see my problem is that whatever form such a group would take, it's members cannot work forever, so new blood must come in all the time. Even if Truman or Eisenhower set this in motion, 'MJ-12' if you like, and specified that successive presidents would not have a need-to-know, it's hard to explain how such a group could for instance get quickly on the ground in the event of a UFO crash or otherwise cover something up, whilst not getting in the way of more standard forces such as the Army or the Police, who might easily be first on scene in such an event. There just has to be a chain of command but how does it operate in perpetuity, considering it must rub up against the official chain of command?

Question 2
The fabled 'blue room' or 'Hangar 18', basically a rumoured area at Wright-Pat that houses all UFO-related stuff, if it exists, must occupy space over or underground. I'd heard someone got recent plans for the whole base and there was quite an extensive underground component, some having been added in the not-too-distant past.

Have you ever heard any solid rumours of the existence of such a place? Somewhere like Area-51 is all Top-Secret but Wright-Pat is not a completely secret base, so I imagine young airmen joke together about parts of the base that are restricted etc but even restricted places need garbage disposal, cleaning, A.C, power etc - my point being it must be hard to keep such a secret place secret in a base that is a very much day-to-day working AirForce base.
Your thoughts Don?

(Sorry questions are really long but if either are used I feel that a full explanation of where I'm headed with them would help.....;))

I had suggested in the "guest suggestions" thread that you have Carey on to discuss this book, why go with Schmitt who seems to have "Imbroglio'd" his education? I met and spoke with Schmitt for awhile once in Roswell, afterwards my then 14 y/o son said of Don "...that dude seems shady"...

So, anyways, given the friction between him and Kevin Randle, and his inflated education and employment record, why does he seem to get a pass while Phil Imbroglio is persona non grata?
Without covering old ground, I considered what to ask Schmitt, but I realize the question about his credentials was more or less answered the last time he was here:

July 22, 2007 — Thomas J. Carey and Donald R. Schmitt

So his apparent omission of a portion of his background is nowhere near as serious as what Imbroglio did, which was to fabricate key parts of his educational and military history. Feel free to listen to the above episode ahead of this week's if you want a perspective, and you can make your own conclusions.

Im interested in anything he has to say about Hanger Building 18

And what smoking gun proof that one certain substance that was found in the Roswell debris HAS been back-engineered and is now on the market and being used in some of our most sophisticated projects

What does this material do, and how are they sure it came from Roswell

Without covering old ground, I considered what to ask Schmitt, but I realize the question about his credentials was more or less answered the last time he was here:

July 22, 2007 — Thomas J. Carey and Donald R. Schmitt

So his apparent omission of a portion of his background is nowhere near as serious as what Imbroglio did, which was to fabricate key parts of his educational and military history. Feel free to listen to the above episode ahead of this week's if you want a perspective, and you can make your own conclusions.
Thanks Gene, its been awhile, I may go back and re-listen to that show. I really couldn't think of an appropriate question (don't want to come off as a dick or anything) but it is somewhat bothersome. It may also be a personal issue since Schmitt just rubbed me the wrong way when I spoke with him in person, nice enough guy but he just didn't seem genuine (which could have been the timing and the situation also)......

Thanks Gene, its been awhile, I may go back and re-listen to that show. I really couldn't think of an appropriate question (don't want to come off as a dick or anything) but it is somewhat bothersome. It may also be a personal issue since Schmitt just rubbed me the wrong way when I spoke with him in person, nice enough guy but he just didn't seem genuine (which could have been the timing and the situation also)......

Have you ever met someone, say at college - first day, or in the workplace, and for some usually unknown definite reason, we can take a dislike to someone which seems quite prominent and looks to be long-lasting? But then somehow through unsought contact over time, you totally change your mind about someone, in fact they can often become really good, long term friends.
My point is, toxicsurf's encounter with Don Schmitt may have been one of those situations and had he continued to experience the guy personally, he may have grown to like the guy a lot? Of course the opposite can happen too in that your initial impression only grows more concrete...

Could it have been the former case with Schmitt? Me personally, have little experience of the guy in written or broadcasted material, so I am genuinely eagerly awaiting the show so I can get to know this guy a little. The Paracast is the show that I trust to deliver something worthwhile about this guy and his work. Plenty other shows just don't seem capable of educating and entertaining like the Paracast.

Back