• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

EVPs

Free episodes:

I wish I'd been more "with it" last night, b/c I woke up sometime in the night, and "they" were having a very intense conversation in the living room. Been a while since I've heard that!

SnakeOil said:
I'm not. Although I do a search and it turns up some stuff, but I can't find something quick and simple to read. Can you summarize?

Regarding the Ge diode...I'm trying to imagine the significance, and I'm not seeing it. It's got a lower forward voltage drop that Si, but other than that...? I'd very much like to hear the theory of operation. Is it somehow supposed to eb demodulating the "ghost voice"?

I am still looking into it. The guy just mentioned it in passing. I think they are trying to pass the EM involved without passing the voice frequencies. My father and I are both radio operators and that is the best theory we can come up with. I'll keep you posted.

Very cool. I love when more tech-people get involved. Most of my engineer friends wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten foot pole, and they roll their eyes at me when I tell them what I've been doing with my spare time.

Interesting that you say they might be looking for something other than audio frequencies. Why do you think that might be?

Just a couple of observational thoughts for you experimentals out there.
I would push the receiver antenna frequencies up as high as you can, and then try to sweep some kind of demodulator through a range of intermediate frequencies, with another demodulator that somehow compensates for the IF sweep. If spirits are living in the background ether, I suspect they are at 'impossible' superPlanck frequencies, trying to slow themselves down to talk to us. Give them some help by looking for interference patterns, rather than direct demodulation. (crystal front end, Ge demodulation, perhaps tie in with something ionized (plasma ball?)) Maybe a Faraday cage to screen out anything below 20 Ghz or so (brass screen). Death in the fast lane.
Just a thought.

Raevenskye said:
hey guys! how are the EVP experiments coming along?

I got Snake Oil's kick-ass contraption, and it's fantastic. I had some instances around the hosue where I was picking up some unusual sounds within an area my wife and I have seen odd things. But since that initial time, I havent been able to catch it again. I'm trying to record it so that I can send it off to Snake for clarification / or I.D-ing.

Havent gotten to try it within the main hosue where my shop is. That'll be the real test as there's been activity as of late by word of the homeowner.

that's just awesome! of course, the "tech talk" is over my head, but I love to read it anyway! i'm so impressed with everyone!

auntigrav: are you saying that you believe "spirit voices" are moving at high rates of speed, and that's why they sound distorted?

Email notification no-worky. I didn't even know there was anything going on in here.

Thanks for the compliments, JR. I like hearing words like "fantastic" where my work is concerned. But really, it was just a bunch of stuff laying around that I threw together and a few hours of work. My wife works with a guy that says he's going up to the Stanley Hotel soon, and he's asked that I put another one together. I've got no more parts laying around, so that one's going to cost me.

Careful not to burn out a flux capacitor. This sucker's got, like, 3 of them. Don't even get flux near it...

And that's where you tell me to STFU.

auntiegrav said:
Just a couple of observational thoughts for you experimentals out there.
I would push the receiver antenna frequencies up as high as you can, and then try to sweep some kind of demodulator through a range of intermediate frequencies, with another demodulator that somehow compensates for the IF sweep. If spirits are living in the background ether, I suspect they are at 'impossible' superPlanck frequencies, trying to slow themselves down to talk to us. Give them some help by looking for interference patterns, rather than direct demodulation. (crystal front end, Ge demodulation, perhaps tie in with something ionized (plasma ball?)) Maybe a Faraday cage to screen out anything below 20 Ghz or so (brass screen). Death in the fast lane.
Just a thought.

Errr......Are you being facetious? I don't wanna kill a bunch of time on a lengthy reply if you're just jerking my chain (and that's really, REALLY what it sounds like). Don't take that the wrong way; I'm in to an open discussion. I just haven't been around enough to know everybody's sense of humor. And I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings by being a know-it-all dickhead.

OK, I've read it again a few times, and that's just painful. Joke's on me cuz I wasn't sure if you were serioius or not. Shoulda added a bit about phase inverters and Heisenberg compensators.

+1 for auntiegrav. You win the thread.

SnakeOil said:
OK, I've read it again a few times, and that's just painful. Joke's on me cuz I wasn't sure if you were serioius or not. Shoulda added a bit about phase inverters and Heisenberg compensators.

+1 for auntiegrav. You win the thread.

I just read the part you quoted from her. Funny, I got the impression she was/is serious.

I was really hoping Auntie would have fessed up by now, but no such luck. Bashing Auntie's post would be an all day job, so suffice it to say that from an RF design perspective Auntie's post makes me want to run screaming.

Well, I certainly wouldn't discourage you from being nice. Auntie clearly has some amount of knowledge, but there are enough ambiguities in the post to make me go "...wha?". And based on some of his/her (I give up...?) previous posts I read, Auntie seems to be the sort that likes to stir the pot. I'm into that. But jokes can become pseudo-science, and I'm not into that at all. Unless everybody's in on the joke, that is.

I built a plasma cannon this weekend. Unfortunately, it will do nothing to capture a ghost, but would be an excellent conversation piece in my living room.

Before anyone asks if it works, it lights up, and I used these plasma lightbulbs which make it nifty, but as for it being a true cannon, no. It's just a prop.

I'll let everyone know if ghosts try to speak to me through it.

I think I'm going to need to see a pic to validate...er...something. I wanna make sure that it's not making any spurious emissions in to the 'impossible' superPlanck frequencies. Or something like that. OK, I just wanna see a pic.

Back