• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

ETs & Dolphins:

The idea has done the rounds

Always a popular theory is that Greys evolved from a creature similar to our dolphin. Theoretically it does make a lot of sense and out of all the ideas floating around about Greys this one is by far the most plausable. The most noticeable thing about Greys is their grey skin (hence the name, Grey Alien) and is very similar to that of a dolphin. Without an actual sample of a Grey’s skin this would impossible to verify, but there is more evidence to support the dolphin idea than just skin colour. The eyes of the Grey are always reported as big and with a black “eye shield” covering the pupil. On Earth, many water-based creatures evolve these to deal with low light levels found in the ocean, which would suggest Greys evolved in a low level light environment. Another factor that suggests Greys come from Dolphin-like creatures is their very large heads. The size and shape of the cranium infer that Greys have an enlarged rear (occipital) and frontal lobe, a feature that is common in dolphins. During many abduction cases, victims often report that they were unable to move when a Grey looked in their direction, but as soon as the Grey looked away they regained physical control. Certain species of dolphin can disable small fish using sonar, and marine biologists have found that these waves can cause significant changes at cellular level. With many years evolution, it is not that unbelievable that Greys have adapted this technique from an existing skill they gained from millions of years of evolution.

I'm not so sure, we know dolphins were land animals that went back into the sea.
What happened to those that didnt, did they die out or did they continue to evolve as land animals ?

They have been around for 11 million years

We have three scenarios, they all went back into the sea leaving no branch of their species on land.
Some went back some didnt, but the land dwelling branch died off, or some did and some didnt and the land dwelling branch of the species evolved into something else

I'm not so sure, we know dolphins were land animals that went back into the sea.
What happened to those that didnt, did they die out or did they continue to evolve as land animals ?

They have been around for 11 million years

We have three scenarios, they all went back into the sea leaving no branch of their species on land.
Some went back some didnt, but the land dwelling branch died off, or some did and some didnt and the land dwelling branch of the species evolved into something else
Time is part of the equation. Like geology, uplifted formations of sedimentary rock. It's possible they evolved into something else. It's more plausible that whatever it is flying around has bases in the ocean than that they are from another star system or dimension. We don't know. I would like to see what is inside of those ships first hand. Hard to make judgments based on sketchy reports from other people.

I think you'll find the cryptoterrestrial hypothesis as touted by the late mac tonnies is considered to have some merit

Anomalist Books | simply phenomenal | The Cryptoterrestrials

Greys as evolved dolphins fits the cryptoterrestrial hypothesis

Not insisting thats what they are, but its possible
Either they evolved on earth or they came to earth in the distant past and created bases deep in the ocean. I'm familiar with his ideas. I listened to some interviews. I was disappointed to learn he had kicked-the-bucket after hearing the first interview.

I think the author would make an excellent guest for the show. Check out the home page . I just watched an interview with her where she says she has telepathic contact with Dolphins and E.T.s.

I worked as a Dive Supervisor and Marine Mammal Trainer for two parks, one being Sea World and I have to say.... Not much data was collected to support this theory, at least from me. Something special is certainly going on with the species, but I'm guessing not that special.

They do have the sense of echolocation, which we certainly don't have. I've certainly spent some time wondering if a species more attuned to life in the water with its' three dimensional environment might have some advantage in ultimately developing a supercivilization.

They do have the sense of echolocation, which we certainly don't have. I've certainly spent some time wondering if a species more attuned to life in the water with its' three dimensional environment might have some advantage in ultimately developing a supercivilization.

Its a concept David Brin explored in his Uplift series

The second book, Startide Rising (1983), occurs centuries later. It follows the Earthclan space ship Streaker (crewed by uplifted dolphins and their human patrons) which has discovered a colossal derelict fleet. The Streaker is pursued as rumors spread throughout the Five Galaxies that Streaker has found the remains of the Progenitors.

Uplift Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The premise being "uplifted" Dolphins make excellent space pilots, space being a 3 dimensional environment like water.

I can recommend Brins fiction to anyone interested in ET's, it explores the genre in a way that is so insightful as to step beyond fiction.

I've always been a big fan of John Lilly's work and the whole idea of inter-species communication is central to any serious consideration for the non-human origin of UFOs. If something else is driving the damn things, how are we going to communicate with them?​
From my quick survey of her website it appears that this lady believes herself to be in communication with dolphins and ETs. If she did come on the Paracast it would be one of those Saints of the Weird kind of shows.​

Back