• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

ET precence on the internet and NSA

clockRadio

Paranormal Novice
ET presence on the internet and NSA

As this is my first post and being new to the area of ET speculations this question may have been discussed many times before. (I could not find it when I searched the forums.)

(I assume that ETI is defined as a extra-terrestrial-intelligence in what follows)

Since the general trend is that people are spending a greater and greater fraction of their daily lives on the internet, would it not be logical to assume that if there are ETI studying earth, then they would be present on the internet in some form?

From what I understand the internet took off in the 1980's so prior to that neither the infrastructure nor the human content was perhaps relevant. Before this they would study us with "flying saucers" but now the internet is also possible.

So my questions are:

1) What would the manifestations of ETI be on the internet? And how would it be possible to discern it from non ETI?

(These could be both direct and indirect evidence:
I guess an example of indirect would be repeatedly testable impossible calculations (eg breaking strong cryptos etc) of enough different types that is it just not someone with a good algorithm or a good computer.
Direct evidence could be the publication of verifiable scientific data, enough to rule out someone guessing.
These arguments are probably not very good, but I hope you get what I mean, I am no science/computer guy.)

2) What is the position or agenda of USCYBERCOM/NSA with regards to ET's on the internet? (I guess this question cannot directly be answered)

(If the airforce is watching ufos then NSA is too.)

3) Can you sketch out some correspondence between physical ufo activity and internet ETI activity? In the sense that certain physical manifestations/activities are translated to corresponding activities in the virtual world.

4) Is there enough material about this to make a paracast about this? (sorry again if this has been done) The radio-hosts seem to be quite familiar in this area so it would make a good critical show.

Or is this whole idea just further proof of "lore" evolving with the times?
Also thanks for a good show!

Hmm. Comes right up for me. Having to explain a joke kind of makes it lose its value. Sorry. Forget it.

me too, ....the attachment thing does this a lot recently. I can't view other attachments either, same message.

I tried with both IE8 and Fire Fox. Both times the cartoon popped right up. I don't understand why it would work for some and not others. Not doubting you at all, mind you. I also don't understand why some attachments attach and some display. Oh, well....

Doesnt work for me either.

Regarding the OP... pretty sure Google is an ET-based company.

Here's a URL that should clear up the mystery:

Wikimedia Error

It's an old meme, as such things go. The original New Yorker cartoon (it's a dog sitting in front of a computer -- he explains "on the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog" to his mystified companion) was published back in 1993!

And yeah, if you think most people online can tell the difference between a dog -- or an alien -- and a real person, I think you're, umm, barking up the wrong tree.

Well, that's weird. I just came on here with Chrome and got the error message, then came BACK on with IE8 and the error message is there, too! So I pulled it up with FireFox and IE8, then not with Chrome, and now not with IE8.

169973069.jpg
And here, right now, in 'compose mode, I can see it. Now, when I hit 'Post Quick Reply" what will happen? I dunno. Let's find out.......

It turned into an attachment, and I pulled it right up. Now that I'm editing, I can see it again.

Here's a URL that should clear up the mystery:

Wikimedia Error

It's an old meme, as such things go. The original New Yorker cartoon (it's a dog sitting in front of a computer -- he explains "on the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog" to his mystified companion) was published back in 1993!

And yeah, if you think most people online can tell the difference between a dog -- or an alien -- and a real person, I think you're, umm, barking up the wrong tree.

Well this was not the kind of discussion I was hoping for. I did not mean ETI posing as humans in social networking sites.

For instance for 1) If the NSA would see very suspicious cracking coming from civil addresses, that were performed in ways not possible by individuals/companies or even government organisations. E.g. cracking their cryptos.
For 3) Just as you see areal phenomena that are beyond regular military crafts NSA would see cracking or intrusions well beyond what they are able themselves. Also, someone having read all their files just like the rendlesham ufo scanned the supposed nuclear warheads at Bentwaters.
For 2) There have been supposed whistle- blowers in the airforce/army where are the whistle-blowers from the NSA.

It the ET phenomena is real there must be evidence of this kind. It must definitely have been brought up in sci-fi stories and by some kook (going even further than I) claiming to have a story about this.

If there is no such evidence what does this say about the ET phenomena as a whole?

Discuss...

Just visit any social networking site. Loads of alien beings on all of them.

I think I might take a leaf out of Mr. Biedny's book and kiss the ass of all this UFO shit goodbye. What with night-time images of cacti in the desert being hailed as images of an ET, thought-screen helmets, Disclosure and aliens hacking our Internet, I think the time has come to jump ship :rolleyes:. Sorry, don't mean to be obnoxious, but enough is enough!

Well this was not the kind of discussion I was hoping for. I did not mean ETI posing as humans in social networking sites.

For instance for 1) If the NSA would see very suspicious cracking coming from civil addresses, that were performed in ways not possible by individuals/companies or even government organisations. E.g. cracking their cryptos.
For 3) Just as you see areal phenomena that are beyond regular military crafts NSA would see cracking or intrusions well beyond what they are able themselves. Also, someone having read all their files just like the rendlesham ufo scanned the supposed nuclear warheads at Bentwaters.
For 2) There have been supposed whistle- blowers in the airforce/army where are the whistle-blowers from the NSA.

It the ET phenomena is real there must be evidence of this kind. It must definitely have been brought up in sci-fi stories and by some kook (going even further than I) claiming to have a story about this.

If there is no such evidence what does this say about the ET phenomena as a whole?

Discuss...

It seems a naive assumption that aliens would need to physically hack into a high security network and then decrypt the information they need. Considering some reports of their apparent ability to read minds and be able to make use of alternate dimensions, they may be able to obtain information they want by other means without raising any flags. Of course, then there is the problem of the NSA, I doubt very much that even if the ET's had try to hack them it would ever be revealed to the public.

There's been speculation that an ETI probe might monitor the web as one way of learning about us:

http://ieti.org/index.html

Several years ago as an experiment I tried sending e-mails containing key words ("ETI", "PROBE" etc.) and web links between my various web addresses, just to see what would happen. As far as I know no ETI probes took any notice (although maybe the NSA did?).

-shrug-

An interesting idea to toss around that costs us nothing if it happens not to be true -- and is enormously important if it is true.

Back