• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

end of the world hoax going round

We could do something really mischievous in response. Like fill hundreds of plastic blow up dolls with helium and release them around true believers at zero hour....

We could do something really mischievous in response. Like fill hundreds of plastic blow up dolls with helium and release them around true believers at zero hour....

Would that i could, hit the thank you button more than once, I'll be chuckling all day :)

I'm reminded of a supposed "Darwin Awards" nominee from several years ago. I haven't checked Snopes (duh) but here is the uhh alleged news story -- DATELINE: ARKANSAS CITY (EAP)

-- A Little Rock woman was killed yesterday after leaping through her moving car's sunroof during an incident best described as a "mistaken rapture" by dozens of eye-witnesses. Thirteen other people were injured after a twenty-car pile-up resulted from people trying to avoid hitting the woman, who was apparently convinced the rapture was occurring when she saw twelve people floating up into the air, and then passed a man on the side of the road who she believed was Jesus.

"She started screaming `He's back! He's back!' and climbed out through the sunroof and jumped off the roof of the car," said Everet Williams, husband of 28-year-old Georgann Williams who was pronounced dead at the scene. "I was slowing down but she wouldn't wait till I stopped," Williams said.

She thought the rapture was happening and was convinced that Jesus was gonna lift her up into the sky," he went on to say. "This is the strangest thing I've seen since I've been on the force," said Paul Madison, first officer on the scene Madison questioned the man who looked like Jesus and discovered that he was on his way to a toga costume party, when the tarp covering the bed of his pickup truck came loose and released twelve blow-up sex dolls filled with helium, which then floated up into the sky.

Ernie Jenkins, 32, of Fort Smith, who's been told by several of his friends that he looks like Jesus, pulled over and lifted his arms into the air in frustration and said "Come back," just as the Williams' car passed him, and Mrs. Williams was sure that it was Jesus lifting people up into heaven as they drove by him.

"I think my wife loved Jesus more than she loved me," the widower said when asked why his wife would do such a thing. When asked for comments about the twelve sex dolls, Jenkins replied, "This is all just too weird for me. I never expected anything like happen [sic]."

:redface:We have several post-rapture events planned in our neighborhood. They are:
1. A post-rapture looting party. If you wish to attend, please have your shopping list ready.
2. Placing unused clothing and shoes out in public areas. They will be placed as if a body came out of them.
If you wish to attend, please contact me for further details.

IM1B9.png

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

looks like the only rapture im gonna see is my wife giving the other team Jamming lesions during tonights derby bout!

well the 21st has come and gone it was a nice day.. my wifes team won ppl acted as if nothing was gonna happen..in fact an ordary day in an ordary life...I now say this..Harold Camping is a false prophet. he is a liar a theif a devil in sheeps clothing. he is no better then Peter Poffoff. no better then Silva Browne. the man is a discrace. and Gene I hope you call him out on the paracast. I hope you tell every one what this creep did all in Gods name. I know George Noory won't do it. All my best..
AMEN.
Vesvehighfolk/ BOB

Lovely sunny weekend in the UK... No Rapture... No surprise there. Try again. I do like these crazy prophecies, though - Always regular enough to make sure my families preps are topped up!

So none of us were raptured? The earth is still here?

This won't be good for that "Left Behind" series, will it?

Back