• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dreamscape

HotSoup

Skilled Investigator
Concerning inter-dimensional possibilities, dreaming and the paranormal, I have come to a loose theory , by loose of course i mean completely unsophisticated claim that humans really dont acknowledge that the dream world is another dimension in and of itself.

Anyway, this is one of my beliefs, that where we go when we sleep is somewhere else, lol, not just lying in rem or something. Again this is just an idea that was formulated from dream experiences where i actually had lucid moments and discussed concepts with anomalies in my dreams. sort of like spirit guides, only in the dream dimension what is a spirit and who truly is a guide, how do we determine, can we master this state, like our waking state?

Respond, respond and discuss :D

Do Aliens of any kind speak to you in 'dream'? Is humanity being prepared for alien disclosure through subliminal messages?

Someone--don't recall who--noted that dreams are as valid as our waking state, because all we can say about either is that they are real as long as they last.

C.G. Jung's work on dreams as the collective unconscious speaking to us is quite extensive.

hmmm thought there would be more people willing to jump on the topic of an alternate dimension and reality that humans interact within that has few reality anchors or theoretical constants. In your dream, you can almost do anything, as opposed to this waking realm.

Is a psychiatrists dated simple works the best we can conjure? A study of science, like the study of time, is relative, based upon one world views.

Has an alien ever stood over your bed at night? Communication through dreams ? Would disclosure come in the form of a dream, to ease humans into the reality that there is no reality?

I'm trying to do my own dream research.. reading Dream Telepathy and trying to become better at lucid dreaming... though my cat isn't helping me as she wakes me up!

I've had lucid dreams, knowing dreams, sleep paralysis.. all sorts of fun things in the past that i want to plug into again.

The other night I "dreamed" I was talking with my late brother in law. We were in depth and it was really interesting. However, I seemed to remember thinking "this is getting a little self serving" as if I were maybe taking it over instead of it being an actual conversation. I thought "Steve, your doing this" and I woke up. I sometime wonder about the "paranormal" and if we don't all have some inherent abiltiy to touch another dimension. I once was doing an "ESP" App on my Ipod touch. All of a sudden I got into a groove and was really hitting. Then I thought "wait a minute, you can't do this" Then I couldn't. :) Honestly, I don't know the full extent of our spirit/mind/being. I can't prove anything because all of it can be whittled down to the "explantion" right or wrong of wishful thinking or self delusion. But, I have had some experiences of lucid dreaming.

I have a very vivid dreamscape, and I often have very involved, very detailed events in them. It would be easy to beleive we visit some other reality when we dream, but how to...prove?....find evidence?......something along that line?
Or is that even possible? Maybe it's just a subjective "thing" that won't bend to current science?
I enjoy most of my dreams, like one I had last week. I saw a gyrocopter of very unusual design fly into a power line and it just got stuck there. Kind of funny really!

I haven't had a nightmare since early childhood, 5, 6 years of age maybe.

I somewhat wish I could dream again without any underlying purpose. The mind is a terrible beast,

I've been taking amino acids again as i get low on them.. and have been having more intense dreams, i think they help in that regards.

This afternoon was rather interesting as i was in a dream wake state I felt like i was going to have an obe... i could feel my hands dissociate with the physical hands. But my head wouldn't follow. I was getting so excited that it kinda woke me up.
This was the first time i experienced the sleep paralysis and was not afraid. Usually i'm quite afraid when i'm in sleep paralysis.

Tyler the dream telepathy book is quite interesting.... one chapter is on a set of experimenters who would meet on fridays of every week. They had set up an experiment where they would play a tape recorded nonsensical word at night. They would write down there dreams and then share them that Friday. It did appear that they had some form of telepathy, but that it didn't always follow a linear path. So experiment a might have spilled coffee on themselves that day... and three days later experimenter b might dream of spilling coffee.. OR they could have dreamed it three days before.. so it's very interesting...and might explain that *if* we do have some form of telepathy, that because it doesn't follow a linear time progression, it is very hard to peg down.

I used to return to unknown but unrecognizable places in my dreams--city scenes, parks and landscapes. Sadly, I haven't been "back" in a while. Some of the most poignant dreams I've had was during the time I was seeing a Jungian therapist. It can become a sort of interactive loop process. But it's still a very inexact science.

A couple of years ago I had a recurring theme that lasted about 4 months.
I had to go back and repeat a grade school grade, like the 5th grade or so. It seemed I didn't finish it or did something wrong way back in 1975, and I had to repeat that grade or all my education would be cancelled.
I had episodes of it where I would drive to the school but couldn't find a parking spot. In others I couldn't even find the school. It was all perfectly logical in the dream world.

I always found the dream realm to be the last frontier of humanity. There is an obvious if not completely scientific transition from being in control of a physical body and then enthralled in a 360 scene unfolding like a movie with all sensations occurring... I recently read something about gravity distorting space-time, perhaps the lack of gravity in the dream world has some cerebral effect?

perhaps the lack of gravity in the dream world has some cerebral effect?

Interesting thought. However, I have to tell you that I have expereinced gravity in dreams so I'm not sure that is the answer. I've had flying dreams and dreams where my legs got so heavy I couldn't walk. Amazon fantasy dreams (uhh, better not go there.) :) Big black dog after me dreams. All kinds. I have actually had phrophetic dreams (that's how I know they are not simply a by product of the day, although sometime they are) and very mundane dreams.

A couple of years ago I had a recurring theme that lasted about 4 months.
I had to go back and repeat a grade school grade, like the 5th grade or so. It seemed I didn't finish it or did something wrong way back in 1975, and I had to repeat that grade or all my education would be cancelled.
I had episodes of it where I would drive to the school but couldn't find a parking spot. In others I couldn't even find the school. It was all perfectly logical in the dream world.

I've had an lingering interest in dreams which began in my childhood and has persisted in my professional life. To make a very long story short - it seems the connections between religious and shamanistic narratives built around subtle realms and psychoanalytic dream theory which supports mulitple levels of egoic and transegoic processes are numerous. Of course this is not science, and is likely to be shunned as psychological withcraft here in this forum -however, I do think these processes have proven their worth in the therapuetic realm.

Interesting enough, exo_doc, I have had both of these dreams -Gyrocopter getting caught in the power lines and having to repeat schooling. Perhaps beyond the process of the personal unconscious there is the suggestion of a communal unconscious process dealing with these particular symbols.

I've had an lingering interest in dreams which began in my childhood and has persisted in my professional life. To make a very long story short - it seems the connections between religious and shamanistic narratives built around subtle realms and psychoanalytic dream theory which supports mulitple levels of egoic and transegoic processes are numerous. Of course this is not science, and is likely to be shunned as psychological withcraft here in this forum -however, I do think these processes have proven their worth in the therapuetic realm.

Interesting enough, exo_doc, I have had both of these dreams -Gyrocopter getting caught in the power lines and having to repeat schooling. Perhaps beyond the process of the personal unconscious there is the suggestion of a communal unconscious process dealing with these particular symbols.

I was trying to find some meaning in those dreams, like the subconscious is telling me something but my rational, non-symbolic conscious mind could not recognize whatever the message was.
But even Freud said sometimes a dream is just a dream.

Interesting thought. However, I have to tell you that I have expereinced gravity in dreams so I'm not sure that is the answer. I've had flying dreams and dreams where my legs got so heavy I couldn't walk. Amazon fantasy dreams (uhh, better not go there.) :) Big black dog after me dreams. All kinds. I have actually had phrophetic dreams (that's how I know they are not simply a by product of the day, although sometime they are) and very mundane dreams.

The thought was referring more so to Einsteins theory of relativity, rosen-bridge concept, where gravity could be represented within both dream and real world realm through spacetime connections, like the magnetic field which exists outside gravity, but affects us all every day and night. Breaking down that barrier in a cerebral way.

Interesting topic, I’m now in my late 30’s and I have been having OBE’s (Out of Body Experiences) ever since my mid 20’s. Only recently they have started to become less frequent but for the last few years I would have them probably 2-3 times per week.

Due to the clarity in each experience to this day I’m still somewhat unsure if the whole experience could exist as another alternative dimension in which we have the ability to explore, or could it be an unknown chemical balance in our human make-up that causes the experience – i.e. a vivid dream.
The majority of my experiences contain a high level of detail where I have a conscious action reaction thought process – it’s a very bizarre experience and to be honest I think it’s to generic to categorise simply as a vivid a dream.

The episodes begin either as full time line where I feel like I have awoken while laying in bed and then sink through the bed and rise upwards. Often I will flip over look at myself asleep and then maybe go up through the ceiling into my loft or simply walk out of my room down the landing and then explore around the house. During the episodes I often experiment trying to understand the sensations one experiences while placing your hand, body through physical objects such as walls, doors, windows, ceilings etc. Vibrational sounds or energy sensations that appear to exist (there is a strange vibrational sensation when exiting from my body but dissipates about a few meters away) and how our egos can a play a major controlling factor to the whole experience (I can easily corrupt the experience if I dwell on fear or lose focus).

So have I ever validated any experiences? I have had several episodes where the Out of Body was further than the immediate boundaries of my home and I guess these trips can be called Astra Projections. In July I went on a last minute trip to Bangkok with my wife and we were there only a few days. We went to one establishment in which I had already visited in one of my projections and I have to say it was very strange experience. We ended up visiting somewhere I had only projected too early that year and I literally knew the layout of everything as we stood in this one place. Only a few months previous I had an OBE where I flew to this unknown destination and hovered above analysing what the place was and why I was viewing it. Well this unknown place suddenly became known when we were there in the flesh, for some reason in my out of body experience I decided to visit this place which turned out to be the same place we visited while in Bangkok.

I have had other experiences that have been similar and I have tried to understand if there is some sort of symbolic importance to these locations or wake up calls. I can’t find anything, when I have these experiences I begin to panic thinking maybe this is a sign that all is going to end, but I’m still here to tell my tales.

So what does this all mean? I have quite a lot of theories based on all my OBE journals and experiments I have done, and the whole subject is fascinating. I believe there is a strong link between OBE’s and the paranormal (including abductions and other anomalies). My personal opinion is a lot of experiences people perhaps encounter could simply be misinterpreted OBE’s, but during the OBE odd anomalies can happen where you meet certain entities but I’m not sure if this is self induced or exists in its own right.

Some years ago I went to a minor league baseball game in Birmingham, Al. It was to the oldest "professional ballpark in America" Called Rickwood Field. (I think I'm correct in the oldest but I will google it later.) Anyway, I had a dream the night before and when I got to the park it looked like the ballpark I had dreamed about. I had never been to the park before or (to my knowledge) even viewed a picture of it. Of course a skeptic could say that in the past somewhere I had actually seen the stadium. Maybe so, I honestly can't say for sure. But, I do kinda, sorta know what you are talking about. 8)

Here is the link. I was right about it being the oldest.
http://www.rickwood.com/

It was weird--even for California. After the speaker's party I went a laid down and looked up at the ceiling that ascended upward 13 feet toward the smoggy heavens at a oblique angle. I thought to myself for the 3rd or 4th time "what am I doing here?" and fell into a fitful slumber. Maybe it was the pizza or the couple of shots of tequila, I don't know, but sometime around 4 AM, I had the strangest dream. Kinda hard to put into words ...

Hmm ... heavy ... a lot of religious imagery. Perhaps you can make some sense of it by applying the analogy we heard Redfern talking about with respect to ufology having become a religion. Having been immersed in a melting pot of ufology culture featuring juxtaposed and widely separated paradigms, it isn't surprising that your subconscious was working a little overtime. I also had a dream the other night, a bit nightmarish ... if you'll indulge me.

It was set inside an exclusive dining lounge where I was suddenly accosted by two rather small statured agitants who took my jacket off the bench I had been sitting on. Although I was physically bigger, they seemed to have some kind of supernatural power to drain my energy. Every movement felt as though I were moving through some heavy liquid rather than air. I simply couldn't catch them and they kept taunting me by waving my jacket as if it were some kind of game. Eventually I resorted to pleading with them to give me my stuff back. They relented and gave it all back except my credit card. When I asked for it, they said I would have to ask Lady Seraphim, who they apparently reported to. Lady Seraphim turned out to be the woman in charge of admission and she was sitting at the entrance behind a table where she was dispensing tickets. She took my credit card from the little tricksters and handed it to me, after which time I thanked her and left the place.

Upon waking up I remembered the name "Lady Seraphim" and went to look it up on Google. Expecting to find a whole bunch of dominatrix or phone sex results, I was surprised to find very few results for people and none of that nature. However, upon looking up the meaning of the word "Seraphim" it turned out to be a word used for the angels who reside at the top of the angelic hierarchy in Judeo Christian religion. They represent ( among other things ) justice and part of their job is to grant admittance to heaven. Although angels are typically genderless, and we associate most angels with male names, the Seraphim are often given female names ( Seraphina, Ariel, Rosalina ). Now I'm no bible thumper and while it's possible I've run across a reference to these mythical beings in the past, I don't recall every having done so. But somehow, my mind created a character ( Lady Seraphim = Angel ) to sit at the ( entrance = gate ) of an exclusive ( club = heaven ) and rule over ( tricksters with supernatural powers = lower angels ) while dispensing ( justice = returned my credit card ) before I returned to the material world ... and woke up! It's stuff like this that really makes me wonder.

Back