• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dream Visitations

AlienEsq

Paranormal Maven
Unfortunately, a friend of mine passed away in June due to a very unexpected illness. He was 35 and had recently marrived his long-time girlfriend in October.

Since his passing, I have had two visitations from him in my dreams. These were full conversations where we discussed the afterlife and simply how much we cared for him. Specific details about each other are often raised, but I'm not sure if these are genuine revelations or facts which I knew but we're suppressed by my subconscience.

Has anyone else ever experienced this or may be able to offer an explanation?

I think dream visitations do happen. I've had some (not as detailed or well-remembered as the ones you've described). Enjoy them; they are good for the soul on both sides. Theory is that we are much more accessible in sleep, with the busy waking consciousness in abeyance. I've been awakened from very deep sleep, by my daughter and more recently by my mother. Their voices and attitudes on 'getting through to me' were unmistakable. The voices were in the room, not in memory, not in fantasy or dream.

Lucky man. I wish I could read Portuguese. Curious, you probably know about a spiritually gifted but untrained surgeon in Brazil who performed astonishing surgeries on persons not anaesthetized. He might still be alive. Anything you can tell us about him?

A coworker that passed in February this year, came to me in my dream. I couldn't hear or understand her in the dream, but two days later i found out she had died the day before my dream. I was pretty upset about the whole situation as anyone would be. About a week later she showed up in my dream again, this time we talked and discussed her son, her family, friends of ours from work. Before the dream ended she did tell me not to worry about her, that she was happy and asked me to tell two people i work with the same thing. Though i never did tell those people, wasn't sure how they would react to something like that our how'd they'd look at me. The dreams i had i would consider vivid dreams, we're yours the same?

Once, out in the rain, I managed to strangle my shadow
unshackled the chain

Lucky man. I wish I could read Portuguese. Curious, you probably know about a spiritually gifted but untrained surgeon in Brazil who performed astonishing surgeries on persons not anaesthetized. He might still be alive. Anything you can tell us about him?

Wasn't that the guy who claimed he was possessed by a deceased German doctor or something? Very interesting case. I could be wrong, but I believe he's now deceased.

Wasn't that the guy who claimed he was possessed by a deceased German doctor or something? Very interesting case. I could be wrong, but I believe he's now deceased.

I hope Curious can tell us more about him. His is not the only case of physicians and non-physicians being informed and guided in diagnosis and treatment by discarnate physicians. I have read of several in the US (one a rural man in the 19th c. and the other the famous 'sleeping' psychic and healer whose name I'm forgetting). The third I've read about is likely still alive and practiced medicine in the US or UK. He wrote openly about his gradual acquaintance with the spirit of a deceased physician who provided him for years with accurate intuited diagnoses and advanced medical knowledge to apply to his patients. This is in accord with some of my reading in the SPR archives of communications through mediums by deceased founders of the SPR to their colleagues still 'in the body'. By these testimonies, surviving consciousnesses exist in a mileau in which they can and do continue to pursue the disciplines they chose on earth, collaborating on research and attempts to influence life on earth for the better.

Dr. Fritz and Zé Arigo- Zé Arigó - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Old story
Joao de Deus - João de Deus (medium) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Current
And many others...
Luiz Roberto Mattos, the guy mentioned above also works here - Santuário Luz e Vida If I am not mistaken his wife does spiritual surgeries there
And, in Florianopolis, there is this famous spiritist hospital - Nosso Lar - NENL/CAPC
I will tell you one thing: both my parents went there. They loved it. I did it too, but wasn't impressed. I am a kind of hard person to impress. It is not that I do not believe; it is the human ego mixed up in spiritual stuff that bothers me. It is hard to separate the real phenomenon from the hocus pocus religion infused people like to aggregate to everything.

And, the cherry on the cake: spiritual surgery performed by deceased doctors and ETs - Casa do Consolador

All places above are not fringe stuff. Doctors in Brazil do tell people to seek spiritual treatment alongside normal medicine. As they say, it does not hurt, just helps. These spiritual places are very eager to remind us all that karmic disease is (ALMOST)impossible to cure. But other illness may be cured, or at least the placebo effect is powerful.

I hope you guys understand the Brazilian culture. Instead of judging something we don't understand, we embrace it, just in case...

Now, my first hand testimony:
Divaldo Franco (Divaldo Pereira Franco | Mansão do Caminho - Salvador - Bahia is a Brazilian medium I know personally. He does not perform spiritual surgeries, but with Bezerra de Menezes (O CONSOLADOR) they do healing. I have been in one of these.
Back in the 90s, when I lived in Montreal, Divaldo came to go to a conference run by Marilyn Rossner( The Spiritual Science Fellowship Founder) . We, a group of a dozen Brazilians met with Divaldo at one of our group's home. We chatted, as it was a social gathering, and ended up with a quiet moment of prayer. Then, while were listening to Divaldo praying I felt the smell of ether and drops coming from above and touching my body with a cold and nice sensation. For days after that I felt clear headed and elated, as I believe we should feel the whole time.
You do not have to believe, I do.

Now, my first hand testimony:
Divaldo Franco (Divaldo Pereira Franco | Mansão do Caminho - Salvador - Bahia is a Brazilian medium I know personally. He does not perform spiritual surgeries, but with Bezerra de Menezes (O CONSOLADOR) they do healing. I have been in one of these.
Back in the 90s, when I lived in Montreal, Divaldo came to go to a conference run by Marilyn Rossner( The Spiritual Science Fellowship Founder) . We, a group of a dozen Brazilians met with Divaldo at one of our group's home. We chatted, as it was a social gathering, and ended up with a quiet moment of prayer. Then, while were listening to Divaldo praying I felt the smell of ether and drops coming from above and touching my body with a cold and nice sensation. For days after that I felt clear headed and elated, as I believe we should feel the whole time.
You do not have to believe, I do.

It sounds like you have a wealth of interesting stories to tell. Please continue to share them here.

I think that dreams represent the undeniable non-material aspect of human awareness. An awareness that does in fact seem to manifest itself as being physically transcendent within the reality we experience. One such case might be represented via the following story: Astral Out of Body Experience or Dream Telepathy on the North Atlantic 1828 | The Ghost Diaries

IMO, UFOs utilize these same quasi natural forces to travel the expanse of the physical universe minus distance and speed. Because human beings have long trapped themselves via the auspices of a mathematically interpreted reality, we have never developed what would be exceptional abilities and technologies infused with our own consciousness. It's kind of like that old Supertramp song, "Take The Long Way Home"

The thing one has to ask themselves, "where is home?" Why is it that logically we only seem to represent a potion of our self via the sleep/wake state of being?

Here is another outstanding article centering on the OP: Scientists Demonstrate Remarkable Evidence Of Dream Telepathy Between People | Collective-Evolution

A coworker that passed in February this year, came to me in my dream. I couldn't hear or understand her in the dream, but two days later i found out she had died the day before my dream. I was pretty upset about the whole situation as anyone would be. About a week later she showed up in my dream again, this time we talked and discussed her son, her family, friends of ours from work. Before the dream ended she did tell me not to worry about her, that she was happy and asked me to tell two people i work with the same thing. Though i never did tell those people, wasn't sure how they would react to something like that our how'd they'd look at me. The dreams i had i would consider vivid dreams, we're yours the same?

Once, out in the rain, I managed to strangle my shadow
unshackled the chain

My second dream contact was very similar to yours, and like you, I chose only to share the experience with my wife.

Unfortunately, a friend of mine passed away in June due to a very unexpected illness. He was 35 and had recently marrived his long-time girlfriend in October.

Since his passing, I have had two visitations from him in my dreams. These were full conversations where we discussed the afterlife and simply how much we cared for him. Specific details about each other are often raised, but I'm not sure if these are genuine revelations or facts which I knew but we're suppressed by my subconscience.

Very interesting and thanks for sharing. I personally have not had such an experience. My late sister, however, recalled awakening from sleep in the wee hours one morning to be approached by a great aunt. My memory regarding this is years old and fuzzy. But I do recall that their encounter was brief and wordless.

And you can guess the rest of the story: We found out soon after that the aunt had passed away just prior to my sister's encounter.

Last edited:

I have not and I thought it strange that it took over ten years before I even had my dead brother appear in a dream. He was just a 'character' and there was no talking between us as if it was him talking to me from an afterlife. The idea is very interesting and I certainly know enough dead people that I would think I would at least be in a position for it maybe to happen.

You might find this book interesting. It's the most recent account in afterlife stories -

The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There's Life After Death by Annie Kagan (Paperback– March 1, 2013)

Amazon TEXT: "Annie Kagan is not a medium or a psychic, she did not die and come back to life; in fact, when she was awakened by her deceased brother, she thought perhaps she had gone a little crazy. In The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There's Life After Death, Kagan shares the extraordinary story of her after death communications (ADC) with her brother Billy, who began speaking to her just weeks after his unexpected death.

"One of the most detailed and profound ADC's ever recorded, Kagan's book takes the reader beyond the near-death experience. Billy's vivid, real-time account of his on-going journey through the mysteries of death will change the way you think about life. Death and your place in the Universe. In his foreword, Dr. Raymond Moody, author of Life after Life, explains the phenomena of walkers between the worlds, known to us since ancient times, and says that Dr. Kagan's thought-provoking account is an excellent example."

It's not uncommon for people to dream of the departed. I've had more than one myself. Then again I've had dreams of the living too; and even fictional characters. For example, like many others ( apparently ), I've had several Star Trek dreams in which I'm in the Star Trek universe aboard a starship and interacting with fictional Star Trek characters, including James T. Kirk, all very lifelike and detailed. So one's mind is capable of some really powerful creations that seem perfectly lifelike, but have nothing to do with reality.

Recently I had a really bizarre dream though, like nothing I've had before, where I became lucid in the dream and took the opportunity to remember details about a character I was interacting with, to the point where as I was waking up I thought it would be cool to bring this character into my waking life; so as I was waking up, this character's persona began to merge with mine so that I was no longer just me but was becoming this other character, and that was rather intense, to the point where if I didn't put that Genie back in its bottle it felt like I was literally going to wake up as someone else!

So I wrestled that persona back into my subconscious, and after waking up, I went to see if I could find the same character online and did find someone with the same name, who looked very similar, but is not identical to the character I had interacted with in my dream state. His name is David Perry, and a video of a TED talks presentation he did
here led me to this video:

As Real as Your Life - by Michael Highland

I guess you have to be open to the possibility to even have a genuine "dream communication".

Until a few years ago, I thought dreams don't mean anything, and I still would say that often enough they probably only mean that you've eaten the wrong things too late in the evening. But when my sister - who is not esoterically inclined but more open to possibilities than I am - told me about a dream she'd had where a deceased relative seemed to have announced her being reborn in her child, I pricked up my ears, because I had read about many dreams like that in Ian Stevenson's cases. And later of course, my sister's child started showing behaviour and making remarks that reminded me of the deceased, or could be very well interpreted as being related to memories of the special relationship I'd had with the deceased, which led to some amazement and re-evaluation of things for me, to say the least.

The only time I personally dreamt about a dead relative was a few days after my grandfather had died. This had been many years earlier, when I was still a lot more sceptical. I had been living upstairs from him for some years and in the dream I could hear his characteristic way of coming up the stairs to my floor. I wasn't afraid at all, although after a short time I was like "well, that isn't right..." Then, the door opened and my grandfather entered the room, looking as always but seeming somewhat confused. Continuing my thought, I was like "this can't be, because you're dead".

That's where it got weird, because instead of me getting creeped out, it was like just the opposite was going on. My (dream-)grandfather looked at me as if he was seeing a ghost. He literally shrank back from me in what seemed to be real terror. And then I woke up.

As far as I know (because we do have dreams every night which we don't remember or forget soon after waking up) I've had no other dream either about him before or after that, or about any other deceased relative, not even the one my sister dreamt of (although I would have had reason enough for that).

I think that might be because I'm still not open enough for that kind of thing. If you can believe that.

Last edited:
Back