• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dream this morning

How interesting and sad. War is just insane! I wonder what the boy said to his dad before he died. I do understand the need to get up and start the day after having one of these types of "dreams".

definitely insane, i just don't understand it.. i couldn't believe it. i cut the picture out and put it away. it'll serve as a reminder to take more notice of my dreams from now on.

You will often find dreams mirror daily life. Many are not as upsetting as this one was tho. Another reason to keep a dream journal.

Here's a curious thing that happened to me:
========

This goes back a while, to sometime in 2000.

I had a girlfriend, Cara, and I cared about her very much. She lived in the same town just a few miles away.

I was at my house, alone, and I woke with a start to hear Cara crying, it was just a brief moment, but it was unmistakably her.

I looked at the clock, and it was about 5:AM.

I sort of dismissed it and went back to sleep.

Later, mid-day, Cara called me on the phone to check in and chat.

At the end of the call I asked:
"Cara, I know this is an odd question, but were you crying this morning at 5'o'clock?"

She paused, and hesitantly replied, "Yes."

I explained what I remembered when I woke up and distinctly heard her crying. She did NOT want to hear about anything so strange.

I'll add that we NEVER talked about it again.

Kara,
Do you still visit this forum? I just want to say IT started. That long rainy wet, dark weather that will last until next June! NOOOOOOOOOO! I love being outside but not when it is crappy out.

Mike C,
Since I have lived with strange things all my life I am still amazed what freaks out people sometimes.If somebody close to me knew I was upset I wouldn't think anything about it.

Ally,
Yes, I'm still here. Haven't had any significant or strange dreams lately. Nothing since the one that you and I "shared". Still can't quite shake that one off entirely and still don't know what to make of it. Nice and rainy here today. At least I wont have to water my yard again till next June, lol!

There must be some sort of disturbance in that Jungian collective field dreams emanate from because I had one of the most intense lucid dreaming experiences I've ever had the night before last. I wrote about it on the thread titled 'sleep paralysis.' I was actually kind of scared to go to sleep last night...I don't want to have that experience again.

Scunkape,
Was that your first expereince like this? Welcome to the being on guard while you sleep club. I have been a member most of my life.

Scunkape,
Was that your first expereince like this? Welcome to the being on guard while you sleep club. I have been a member most of my life.

I have had many very strange experiences...some of which seem to be caused by some external agency...I'm pretty sure sleep paralysis episode originated in electrochemical activity in my brain, spontaneous metabolization of DMT, perhaps...As far as belonging to that 'on gaurd while you sleep club' goes, I've been a long time member.

I have had many very strange experiences...some of which seem to be caused by some external agency...I'm pretty sure sleep paralysis episode originated in electrochemical activity in my brain, spontaneous metabolization of DMT, perhaps...As far as belonging to that 'on gaurd while you sleep club' goes, I've been a long time member.

Not to sound too woo wooish but several people here seem to think that just because the brain produces certain chemicals that the experience is somehow not real. It may be real on some level or an experience caused the brain to produce these chemicals... chicken and egg problem.

I know this type of thinking is very, how do I say it, slippery slope-ish in nature but I can't help wondering about the nature of other realms and how they ralate to our consciousness and brain chemistry.

The dream state is something that is still so unknown. I mean - How do you study dreams?

Here is a website, where this guy gets people to send in their dreams, and he makes comics out of them. THey are simple four panel format, and they are remarkably funny in a kind of creepy way.

Highly recommended!

Slow Wave

peace,
M!

I had a dream this morning that was vivid and amazing. It was a horror dream like The Ruins meets Dawn of The Dead. It's long and involved and very cinematic. In the end it was about this:

There is a council of Nature where all the flora are represented. There was much debate about letting us live on but in the end they decided to kill off humanity so some other "better" creature can evolve. There were four of us who were immune to their toxins. I wasn't sure if they wanted to kill us but didn't know how or wanted to keep us around to help the transition. Either way Nature made us think humanity had already been wiped off the planet and we were the lone survivors but we received a radio signal that let us know that wasn't the case.

In fact the world didn't know about our predicament except for Batman who was monitoring the situation and trying to figure out what was happening. We were going crazy on this tiny piece of land, fending off plants and trees and grass with gasoline. One of us was a botanist who created a corn-based paste that took us out of delusion when we went too far. (The plants couldn't kill us but they could keep us high and lost in illusions.) Before the paste took, one of the men had killed a woman, the French loner from "Lost." I ruminated on the fact that had this paste kicked in just moments earlier that murder wouldn't have happened.

We sobered up, ran an obstacle course of reaching plants and tall grass, got to a car and took off to tell the world with trees falling around us trying to block our escape.

So just in case...I'm telling the world. ;)

First part sounded like "The Happening 2" until Batman showed himself:confused:

Sounds fun, as long as there are some psychadelics around in all the plants we can all live happily ever after.

First part sounded like "The Happening 2" until Batman showed himself:confused:

Sounds fun, as long as there are some psychadelics around in all the plants we can all live happily ever after.

Actually with the Batman reference I thought during the dream that he wasn't really going to show up. They just referenced him because the movies were shot by the same studio (the dream being a movie), so they could get our hopes up. He never did show.

Boo. That would have been fun.

Speaking of crazy fricking dreams.

I had a dream that the Devil paid me a visit on a frozen highway. He wanted to talk to me about making a deal.

It was the strangest dream I've ever had. Seriously screwed up.

Dream about US Raid on Syria Anyone???

Fascinating, but it really doesn't help us for you to tell us about this dream after it happened. How about trying to do this before an event, so we can see how well you do?

Back