• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dream this morning

Ally

Skilled Investigator
I went to bed before midnight. This is unusual for me go to bed that early. I woke up around 3am and couldn't go back to sleep until around 7am. I did doze off for awhile and was having a ,what seemed to be a run of the mill dream. I don't remember what the details were until it changed. I started hearing footsteps around my bed and at first I am trying to ignore this because I know that I need the sleep. The footsteps keep getting louder and louder they sound like they are going around in a circle. Now I an starting to get a little scared and try to commnand whatever this is away. This doesn't work so I ask who in the hell are you. Two loud wispers answer me one in both ears. They said something that starts with a K sounding word. Now I am freaked out and wake myself up.

After thinking about this the footsteps sounded more like marching of soldiers.

I have tapped into world events before but I usually don't figure out what the dream image or feeling means until later. This has that feeling to it becasue I was not able to shake off the dream/experience. It could just be a dream too.

Well, for everyone's sake, I hope it was just a dream. Sounds ominous.

I've never shown any aptitude for telling the future, and I'm glad I can't. It's better not to know, in my opinion.

Usually if it is a large world event "dream" the event has already just happened or will happen in about one or two days.

I have tuned into more personal family events too but they feel quite a bit different and are not as immediate.I saw my sister having a bady girl before she knew she was pregnant.On the other hand I saw my other sister having a bady girl many years ago that did not happen. In both cases I saw what the child looked like. These were easy to deal with.

When I saw my dad fall over the steering wheel while drvivng that was NOT easy to deal with. He did almost die but not by literally falling over the steering wheel. He is fine now.

I don't particularly like having this ability but I am used to it. I also never know when I will have one of these "dreams " either.

The one this morning felt like one of these "dreams". I really wasn't expecting an answer when I asked who the hell are you. I may get used to the ability but I will never get used to something speaking directly in my ears. Although I was pretty pissed that I was getting bothered after finally falling asleep. I am sure some of you can relate.

{{{{{{{{{{Ally}}}}}}}}}} believe me, I understand this. I often refer to my 'abilities' as a curse. Nothing bruises a teenage ego more than getting 'flashes' of your supposed boyfriend out on a date with someone else--complete with details. :( That happened at least three times that I can recall at this moment. Or, 'seeing' your best friend downing a bottle of pills as she's doing it. In that case, it was a good thing, I rushed to her dorm room and got her help in time... but still. And this is just one of the aspects of my 'abilities/gifts'.

Completely unrelated but kinda cool, I had a "normal" dream last night that, by the end of it, developed a soundtrack and it was me singing in this gravelly voice. I only remember the chorus, which was, "God needs better friends." This became the basis of the next dream where I was telling friends about that song and what it meant. It meant that religious people are so superficial, god doesn't need 'em and if that's what heaven is full of, count me out.

I have had normal dreams or not so normal dreams where I then tell people about the dream in another dream too. That sounded funny.

I only remember the chorus, which was, "God needs better friends." This became the basis of the next dream where I was telling friends about that song and what it meant. It meant that religious people are so superficial, god doesn't need 'em and if that's what heaven is full of, count me out.

That's a genius idea for a song, I think you need to record it.

I couldn't believe what I was reading when I came across this post this morning.

I had a dream (at least I think it was a dream) so shockingly similar that my heart was racing when I read this one.

I wish I could remember the exact date that I had this dream, but all I can approximate is it was a weekday about two weeks ago (somewhere between 7/14 and 7/18). I find it an odd "coincidence" that the original post for this dream is so close to the time I had my own personal experience.

I was sleeping in bed when I began to hear footsteps walk in my bedroom around me. They were loud enough to wake me up consciously (at least I think I woke up consciously). My first thought was that it was my boyfriend (he goes to work before me and will sometimes come back into the room quietly if he has forgotten something such as cell phone, keys, etc.). Then it occurred to me that I remembered saying bye to my boyfriend and he had already left for work that morning. At that moment, I immediately realized that the footsteps were not his so I became frightened and I wanted to get up. I tried to, but it was like I was under some kind of sleep paralysis. I felt completely conscience and awake, I could hear everything in the room around me, but I could not move and I could not open my eyes to see. Since I could not fight whatever this was physically, I used all of the force within me to ward this thing off and command that it leave my bedroom. After what seemed to be about a 30 seconds or so struggle to command this thing away, I felt that I had done so and then I was able to actually get up out of bed. The presence (whatever it was) did not have a good feeling to it.

I was shaken by the experience because of its high strangeness and the ominous feeling it left with me. Since it happened, I cannot stop thinking about what it means or what it might have been.

I too have experienced prophetic dreams throughout my life and they usually leave me with the same lingering feeling (the feeing where you know it's more than just a dream, it's trying to tell you something). This experience left me feeling like some sort of disaster or world event is about to occur.

This is the first time that I have ever left a post on this message board. I just felt obligated to share this experience because of its startling similarities.

Another note:
I spoke with my sister about this event and she mentioned that it could have been an out of body experience. I have had OBE's as well. Each time I knew that they were occurring, and I saw things from my
"out of body perspective" (i.e. looking back down and seeing myself). In this situation, I did not feel that this was the case. This presence was not at all myself, it was something entirely different.:confused:

Kara,
This is an interesting coincidence. In your experience did the footsteps keep getting louded? I have had OBE's also and this did not feel like one to me because I was also conscious and in bed .As far as I know nothing earth shattering happened around this time.

The last "dream" that I had that felt like this was the day before the big earthquake in China this year.

Ally,
The footsteps did seem to get louder over the time that I heard them. It might have to do with the fact that at first I wasn't really paying too much attention to the sound that I was hearing (thinking it was my boyfriend), later I recognized that it was out of place. Once I recognized that the sound was out of place my focus went entirely to it which may have caused the increase in intensity. Can't quite tell.

I want to mention a detail that I forgot to include in my first post. The floor around my bed is fully carpeted. The footsteps I heard were loud as if someone was walking with boots on wood or another hard surface. This is another reason why I realized the footsteps couldn't have been someone actually "in" the room. This may seem like a silly question, but is the floor in your room carpeted as well?

I think you're right in saying that no major event took place soon after this (thank goodness). It's funny that you mentioned the earthquake in China because California did just have an earthquake (July 30th).

I'm curious. Can you remember or mention any more detail about the name or word you heard that sounded or started with a "K"?

Hi Kara and Ally,

I was wondering if I could ask your ages? I was wondering if you were both about the same age.

I was also going to ask if your bedrooms were carpeted, but Kara has already asked and answered that one!

I too have had these weird experiences with synchronicity in dreams with other people, but mine were absolutely just dreams and not experiences where anything may have been in the room with me.

Thanks!

Kara and Cindysue,
My bedroom is carpeted and I am 43 years old. The sound of the footsteps did not sound like they were on a soft surface. It sounded like marching with boots very mythodical.

The name that was loudly wispered in my ear did not sound like an English word. It sounded like a two syllable word with the emphasis on the later syllable. It also sounded like an A, like in hawk, was after the K sound. That is as much detail as I can give

Ally,

We are different in our ages, but I'm curious now as to how close or far away we live from each other. I live in Washington state. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?

I may as well post the dream I had before the big earthquake in China here too.

on 5/11/08

I heard the fan make it's warping sound. I sleep with a fan on and many times before an experience the fan will sound like it is warping (my term)getting faster, louder or slower. I either looked at the clock or just think it is about 8am. Prior to this I had a dream about many people in my bed and all around me.

After the warping sound I heard a loud noice. I thought the neighbor upstairs was using the vacuum cleaner. I felt the dimensions shlft and saw that I was somewhere else.

There were people all around me in my bed, mostly male, and a movie was being shown on a screen. I heard scary hoaky music and only saw a very short segment of the movie. I knew the people on the movie were going to suffocate to death. I did not want to watch this so I decided to get out of my bed and check out my apartment in this different dimension. A very large bouncer looking man stopped me from leaving and I decided to make myself wake up. I did but I was very very sleepy and used the bathroom. I went back to bed and put my hands over my second chakra. A very strong energy hit my hands as I started to drift, I did not want to go to sleep but did and dreamt about holding my boyfriend's cell phone in my hands while my entire body was vibrating very intensely. I wanted it to stop. My boyfriend said in the dream I showed you how to make it stop.

I looked around my bed to see if I was awake or asleep. I saw my living roon to my left ,where it isn't in real life. I saw a couch, table and when I saw a piano I decided I was asleep. I tried to wake myself up but had a difficult time .

There was something about a murder or something that I could not remember when I woke up. I was exhausted most of the day.

The next day I heard that there was a 7.9 earthquake in China in a very populated area. I am fairly sure that is what this experience was about.

Keeping a dream journal (even if you can only remember the fragments) will help with recall and sorting things out later. I forget the name but the best dream book I know of is by a woman named Betty Bethards. Not your typical dream analysis book.

I did keep a dream journal for a few months back in 2005. WOW do I ever have some weird dream/experiences at night and many of them. I only write down ones that I feel are important now. Do you keep a dream journal and if so any one of interest you would like to share? What is the name of the book (assuming it is a book)by Betty Bethards?

I have always had, at least compared to to other people that I know, good dream recall. The dream/experience before the China earthquake was confusing but I think that was part of tapping into what it must have felt like for all those people. What I didn't say in the earlier post is that when I saw the people in the movie and I knew they were going to suffocate to death I had a very strong fear response as if I was there. It didn't feel at all like just being an obsever like if I was just watching a movie. That is why I decided to leave but some werid bouncer dude wouldn' t let me. Then unlike waking life I just will myself to wake up. Sometimes this take a lot of will and effort but most of the time it works.

The book is The Dream Book: Symbols for Self Understanding by Betty Bethards and it shows available everywhere including Target. I saw BB at a seminar and she was a great speaker. She passed on a few years ago.

I often have strange dreams.. I usually just put it down to having a vivid imagination.

a few nights back i had an awful dream about militia running around a housing estate killing these large alien bug things, (think starship troopers ;) ) then i saw this little boy hiding under a sofa. I remember his face so clearly, he was about 9-10 years old with dark eyes and dark skin, not african american, or middle-eastern, kinda lightly but noticably tanned.

I told him to get out, that he was not safe here. he kept saying no to me, so I crouched down to his level and told him he was safe with me, i'd protect him. He smiled and said "it's too late to help me, i'm dead anyway.." he said "don't worry about things like you usually do, it'll all work out, i promise, don't worry about anything." he then screamed a very loud scream and this woke me up.

I was so shaken i decided to get up for a coffee. I went to get the daily paper, and the troubles in Georgia were reported on. I turned the page a couple of times, and then stopped suddenly. to my astonishment the little boy i was dreaming of was lying there in the paper in his father's arms dead. i recognised his face immediately and i was just...speachless.

I just wanted to share this with people who understand what its like to have a dream thats so closely related to things that happen in life...

~Vicky

Back