• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr. John Alexander Returns to The Paracast... Questions Space Fanz?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Col. John Alexander needs no introduction. He is easily one of the most enigmatic and intriguing figures in "ufology" today. He has recently completed another in a series of world-wide journeys and we've invited him to share his thoughts on the interconnectedness of paranormal phenomena.

"There is no doubt about the physical reality of some UFOs. The hard evidence, however, suggests they are part of a far greater mystery; one that engulfs many phenomena. Traditional Western science has created blinders and ignores inconvenient facts that are accepted readily in other societies."

Alexander has firmly established UFO existence and will "explore their relationship to wonders long known to indigenous shamans all over the world."

Dr. John B. Alexander, a Green Beret combat commander, was a colonel when he retired and had a second career at Los Alamos National Laboratory. For many years he professionally and avocationally investigated UFOs and created a Top Secret study group in the field. He concludes that some UFOs are real, physical phenomena, but the topic is far more complex than we ever imagined. He will address some of the cases that present undeniable evidence supporting his conclusions. In addition, Dr. Alexander has traveled to, and made presentations on, every continent on earth. From the Himalayas to the Amazon and all across Africa and Asia he has interacted with indigenous shamans exploring their practices, some of which defy traditional science.

This year he has been with John of God in Brazil, attended Umbanda ceremonies in Vitoria, Brazil and spoken at the International Amazonian Shamans conference in Iquitos, Peru. Last month he was in Tonga swimming with humpback whales in the open ocean following up on earlier interspecies communication experiments initiated decades ago. A former council member of the Society for Scientific Exploration, past president of the International Association for Near-Death Studies, and a founding member of the board of directors of the International Remote Viewer’s Association, he is the author of UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies and Realities plus many other books and technical articles. We'll be recording this interview on Sept. 11. Please post your QUESTIONS here:

Questions:

1. When you were looking into evidence within the military for the existence of UFOs, how deep were you able to search the AFSPC ( United States Air Force Space Command ) records, specifically the the United States Space Surveillance Network records for detections of targets that behaved in such a way as to suggest that they might have been some sort of alien craft?
  2. If you wanted to, would the military let you into Space Command's Space Surveillance monitoring center to observe live tracking?
  3. Are you or have you ever been engaged in any type of disinformation about alien visitation?
  4. Have you seen the Mirage Men movie? If yes. Any comments?
  5. What is the current status of the Aviary? Can you tell us more about it?

Last edited:
Have you ever participated in an ayahuasca ceremony? If so, how was it? If not, are you aware of reports of participants seeing UFOs and aliens during ceremony, and what do you make of that?

I'd also be interested in hearing Mr. Alexander talk more in depth about his personal experiences and interactions with shamans around the world. What made him pursue this course, and how does it tie in with the UFO phenomenon if at all?

What were some of the more effective non-lethal weapons you designed/ have seen?
Do we have the technology to create hallucinations (visual/auditory) using some type of wireless source? Microwave hearing, electromagnetic, pulsed radiation, etc.?
If so, do you think that you could have been part of a govt. experiment at skinwalker ranch?

What is Col. Alexander's opinion of The Men Who Stare At Goats? I mean Jon Ronson's non-fiction book (and the BBC TV series The Crazy Rulers Of The World it was based on, if anybody remembers that), though I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on the heavily fictionalized movie too.

Have you ever participated in an ayahuasca ceremony? If so, how was it? If not, are you aware of reports of participants seeing UFOs and aliens during ceremony, and what do you make of that?

I'd also be interested in hearing Mr. Alexander talk more in depth about his personal experiences and interactions with shamans around the world. What made him pursue this course, and how does it tie in with the UFO phenomenon if at all?
According to his other Paracast show he did not take Ayahuasca. Only his wife.
He seems to prefer to be in the role of an observer, not a participant. Too bad.

When you were involved in the military remote viewing program, were you aware of any ET or UFO targets being provided to the viewers?

Are you aware of former NSA technical leader of intelligence William Binney's recent comments regarding UFOs:

"My problem is, just like the UFO thing, unless they start addressing these kinds of things, peoples observations or basic measurements or factual evidence that simply exists, unless they start addressing them there’s always going to be questions, especially now with the government, how much trust do you have with this government?" -William Binney

What do you make of that?

1) In your professional estimation what would you say is the percentage of UFO's that are actually advanced or experimental military craft?

2) What connections if any have you discovered between near death experiences and other paranormal phenomena such as poltergeist activity, psi phenomenon or UFO's?

3) You are on the record as saying that the gov't/military has little to do with keeping UFO secrets yet this has been a dominant meme in our culture ever since Roswell. How do you account for this incredibly large gulf between civilian perception and the reality of how little the gov't/ military actually knows about UFO's?

4) Is it possible for there to be another layer to industial technological experimentation that is even beyond the military and could be responsible for events like the Cash-Landrum affair which you investigated? And if not then what do you think it was those three people encountered on the road that night and whose helicopters were those if not army?

Any particular events that you personally witnessed that you feel would validate your thinking that the ufo enigma is more than just a matter of extraterrestrial visitation ?

If so did you discuss these cases with anyone else and what were their responses?

I'd like to add a follow-up question to Burnt's third question above:

3) You are on the record as saying that the gov't/military has little to do with keeping UFO secrets yet this has been a dominant meme in our culture ever since Roswell. How do you account for this incredibly large gulf between civilian perception and the reality of how little the gov't/ military actually knows about UFO's?

My question is, with respect, were you able to make that claim -- i.e., that "the gov't/military has little to do with keeping UFO secrets" -- because for decades now ufo information and research have gone underground, out of the hands of elected government representatives and into black projects controlled by the private interests that constitute the military-industrial complex?

Dear Gene and Chris, Please ask Mr Alexander what materials he thinks Flying saucers/UFO/UAP are made from? and why?
Thank you.

I'd like to know that considering he was a former military man himself , Dr Alexander feels any sense of distraught that we may have used other world technology towards the advancement of creating more efficient and advanced methods of killing or harming other living things.

Wouldn't other world life forms that have visited our planet be equally appalled that we have taken some of their technology and used it for such purposes?

Is consciousness a dimension in its own right?

Can you provide examples of US government disinformation on UFOs or do you believe that the US government has never engaged in UFO disinformation?

Are there any Amazonian tribes, or those of Papua New Guinea that haven’t been influenced by modern culture?

Is it correct that in some of these tribes their spirit world, (dream state), and that of wakefulness was/is seamless, as one in the same?

How is it possible for modern man, along with the Shaman, if having lost the earlier cultural context of the interpenetrating dream and wakeful states, to be able to experience the world of these ancient tribes through the use of any type of entheogen? As this has been suggested from where their possible PSI abilities may have arisen.

Does J.A. know of any psychologists who are actively seeking out any of these isolated tribes in order to conduct research in possibly supporting a PSI theory?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ted Roe, in a recent audio interview suggested there is an area in the North American desert region (?) where high strangeness is occurring that may be considered as similar to the “Skinwalker Ranch”, complete with signs of an ancient people. Is J.A. aware of such an area?

Is J.A. aware of Bigelow Aerospace pursuing the idea of outfitting inflatable space stations with a large projection capability, much like a television that could broadcast images to the void of uninhabited, near earth space?

Quoted from Bruce Duensing’s blog, below:

“Also, at that time, his firm was developing inflatable orbital space vehicles that were successfully launched. One highly strange aspect of this vehicle was it was equipped with a very large projection capability, much like a television, that could broadcast images to...the void of uninhabited near earth space At the time, I thought this may be an attempt at communication with space anomalies that do not officially exist as all the other possible uses of this seemed absurd in relation to the amount of capital it took to design, fabricate and launch a television into earth orbit.”

A TRANSIT OF CONTINGENCIES: Howard Hughes and Robert Bigelow: Men of Mystery

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you an integral player in the distribution effort of the MJ-12 memes upon the public domain, starting in the 1980′s? Do you feel that any player in the disinformation campaign can legitimately be trusted at all no matter how clean they seem to become after telling the ' truth' ?

I am a big fan of Col. Alexander and my question has to do with his days at the non-lethal weapons division at, I believe, Sandia Labs. Some years ago when I read "the Men Who Stare At Goats" by Jon Ronson, I took note of a proposed weapon called "the feminizing spray" which could cause enemy combatants to act like ladies. Has this weapon been used against ISIL? Please do not insult the Goddess Isis by calling those mangy curs by Her name. If the spray hasn't been used, why not? I love the concept!
Secondly, can small drones be used to target and kill these miserable bastards? If they can read my license plate driving down the NJ Turnpike from a satellite system, why not to identify troop movements in the Iraqi desert where there is no place to hide?
In terms of UFOs, what is the most recent sighting that he thinks of as real and meaningful? Thanks so much.

Back