• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dolan: The Secret Space Program - Who is Responsible?

Have to say I have been enjoying sitting back and reading this thread.
Honestly nothing I can add that has not already been said.

One interesting facet on redundancy in my own industry is that of sound desks ... to mix a very large concert once upon a time you needed one or two of these and two people.

reg_C171E6D7-19B9-D416-447921AF9DCC4A10.jpg

lots of these:

dn360__62678_zoom.jpg

and lots of these

dbx160.jpg

and you end up with piles of this

example-cable-mess.jpg

BUT NOW DAYS!!!!

I just need this:

midas_pro3_f.jpg

That is just the desk end.. the other end with the speakers has got lighter more compact and simpler to plug up.

Once I would have needed a 40+ microphone channel cable and twin 8 way control lines to run to the FOH (fount of house).

Now I just need an Ethernet cable!!!!

Less crew needed as well.

Oh and yeah I am a big Midas, dbX, and Klark Technic fan for the audio nuts out there.

speaker systems of choice are D&B or L'Acoustics... German PA technology is very very good... still love the old JBL systems and EAW.. but they are old school now.

..... Once I would have needed a 40+ microphone channel cable and twin 8 way control lines to run to the FOH (fount of house) ....

Now I just need an Ethernet cable!!!!

Man ... you better hope that ethernet cable is dependable or there goes everything ... no wireless I guess ? I used to run some little boards at our local club and for the city events. These days I stay away from loud noises to preserve what's left of my hearing.

Oh and yeah I am a big Midas, dbX, and Klark Technic fan for the audio nuts out there.
Man ... you better hope that ethernet cable is dependable or there goes everything ... no wireless I guess ? I used to run some little boards at our local club and for the city events. These days I stay away from loud noises to preserve what's left of my hearing.

lol yes we run extra just in case one fails..

I am getting out of the industry my self now... had enough.

Back