• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Does This Kinda Look Like a '13' on the Moon?

Anaximander

Skilled Investigator
Hey Guys,

I'd like you to have a look at something and tell me if it kinda looks like a '13'.

What I am referring to is roughly in the center of the image below and I'd like to find out if it also bears similarity to the number '13' to you folks.

Now I know this isn't up to par with the anomalies I usually post, but it is kinda neat nonetheless:

(The source is on the image)

Edit:

Before it gets brought up (and it often does) I should add that I am in no way suggesting that we didn't go to the moon, or that this number was stomped into the moon by astronauts during a secret portion of the Apollo 13 mission. It is merely a curious feature which some say looks like a particular number or a 'B' as done by a moron.

It looks more like a ! with a smaller 3 beside it. Where is that exactly? The shape reminds of something else I've been looking at.

Hey TO,

Here is what you need to find it and also, you wanna show us what you've been looking at?

Here's another strange one for you. This one is from Apollo 17:

Wow, T.O., that's quite interesting. My 'interpretive' mind sees some kind of plateau that has been 'paved' with a broad trail leading to or from a rectangular building or pad. Or, another strike for a natural eruption of some kind, or a trick of light and shadow, or.....

Interesting. The lunar surface is quite a Rorschach test for human perception. It would actually be one heck of a place to hide evidence of intelligently made objects in plain sight!

Interesting. The lunar surface is quite a Rorschach test for human perception. It would actually be one heck of a place to hide evidence of intelligently made objects in plain sight!

It is probably one of those things you can do because people don't want to believe you've done it.

There are so many variables in all of this business it really makes it hard to tell what you could be looking at most of the time. Light, shadow, perspective, can easily leave you with a false impression. Combine that with photo processing artifacts and strange things can present themselves.

That said, the "13" and the egg crate looking shape don't seem to resemble the surrounding terrain much. I can't tell how big the 13 is but the egg-crate formation is about 10 meters or so wide. A small cluster of regular sized rocks in a unusual pattern. The 10 meter long straight line is really odd though, but that could be a trick of the light. In the inverted photo I've posted above it appears to rise up from the rock formation, but this is a top down photo. A shadow cast by something or a scored mark on the surface?

Hey TO,

Here is what you need to find it and also, you wanna show us what you've been looking at?

Here's another strange one for you. This one is from Apollo 17:

Nobody seems to have noticed, but in the first picture, it actually clearly looks like this Ei.
I wonder what Ei could mean, Extraterrestrial intelligence maybe, we waz ere, i mean it kicks the shit outta just leaving a flag.

Delighted that English is the universal language, star trek got that right.

sI would encourage anyone interested in the lunar surface to consider getting into planetary imaging. Current hardware and image enhancement software available to the amateur make for levels of detail that are surprising. Below is a link to a lunar image I took in 2007 (mine is the one on the right), done with a 10 inch telescope and ccd camera from my driveway. And much better amateur work is out there. I can only imagine what the pros can see from earth. Not as much as from lunar orbit--but a lot. It's a great hobby and the chance you might come up with something anomalous is always a possibility.

LPOD lunar photo of the day 24

Here is a link to a pic by Wes Higgins. The fine detail blows mine away!

Tycho-08-23-08

Boomerang that's a great pic. Makes me want to throw my 25x100 astronomical binoculars away. Well, not really, but It would be great to be able to take shots like that. Guess I'll have to start saving for a decent telescope.

Back