• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Does "The Day After Roswell" have any remaining credibility?

Is The Day After Roswell useless at this point?

• Total voters

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
So Ive listened to the few shows the Paracast has done with Birnes, discussing the book and addressing the issues certain people have.

At this point is the general consensus that the book is a waste of time - dont read it? Or is it still worthwhile as long as one is aware of the potential issues surrounding it?

What do you mean by useless??

My feeling is that the book puts several specific claims out there. And it is quite useful to have these claims looked in to. Like the development of fiber optics, kevlar, lasers, integrated chips, etc. As we look into the history of these developments, we can begin to see that what Corso had been saying was false. These are technologies and very tangible inventions that can be corroborated by the people involved in their production.

So the book is actually very useful, because we can prove what he is saying is false. If he was claiming more intangible abstract things that couldn't be proven, then the book would be more or less worthless. But in this case he talks about stuff that can actually be investigated. So, I would say that the book is useful and fictional for the most part concerning alien technology.

So I guess I'm wondering if you may be asking if the book is useful in solving any part of the UFO question or if it is useful in finding truth in the Roswell situation according to Corso?? Sorry to play semantics here, but I think there is use for a book wherby we can actually get closer to the truth, or at least discard verifiable falsities. Does that make sense??

It's essentially fiction because nothing really backs it up. In this field, that should be treated as fiction until proven otherwise. Corso has had loads of opportunity to give names, but refuses. Hardly a factual disclosure. If Corso is hard evidence, Lazar's testimony is too. Which it isn't.

At best Coros's testimony is inconclusive. The book is useless in terms of hard evidence. Anything less than that, it is not useless.

Take a leaf out of my book -

If you want to reverse engineer it, by all means... I could do with a little more yield off my solar panels. Let's get on top of little green chlorohpyll first before we venture into little ..:exclamation:

Hmmm, tks for the replies. I may still buy the book and take everything with a grain of salt. It will be fun to let my imagination run wild with what the book suggests, knowing of course that it may all be baloney.

Hmmm, tks for the replies. I may still buy the book and take everything with a grain of salt. It will be fun to let my imagination run wild with what the book suggests, knowing of course that it may all be baloney.

That would be a great way to approach the book imo.

Lets say it's a hoax. It might give you insight into the mind of a hoaxer. Which is interesting and useful. At least it can be. Or, maybe you'll pick up on something others haven't that is compelling.

It may not be a hoax in the strictest sense in that Corso may have believed his alternate history. Hoax hints at willful obfuscation.

I enjoyed the book and thought it was worth reading. I recall Corso does provide names in the book, but having people's names doesn't necessarily mean anything can be corroborated. I doubt Strom Thurmond was going to publicly say he was in the know about UFO's or general Trudeau. (I think that was his bosses name) It took Chris Mathews to call out Dennis Kucinich totally unexpectedly on live TV to even get him to comment on this stuff and even then he tried to hit the eject button and I don't blame him.

I wouldn't come to a final conclusion either way, like a lot of this UFO stuff it's probably got some truths in there combined with stuff that is geared to make Coros look more important or even things that Corso was lead to believe was true but maybe weren't.

The end of the book sort of paints a vague picture that thanks to Roswell and Corso's work, we defeated the Russians and the Aliens, which IMO seems pretty outlandish, nothing is that simple, perhaps the publisher wanted to have a simple summary at the end that showed the significance of this stuff, I don't know.

However, it would not surprise me if in fact the deep black world has acutally created Star Wars tech in space that actually does work and is in response to UFO's. I thought that was a very interesting part of the book. By the way, what is the conscensus on this youtube clip which reminds me of this part of the book -
I'm still on the fence about how factual the book is, but I think it opens up a lot of possibilities. I don't disagree with anyone for ruling out the book because of the several inaccuracies that have been pointed out and the relatively small amount of backup to support the claims and the historic evidence which actually contradicts his claims, but I tend to leave open the possibility that there is significant truth in the book. Given the fact the guy wrote the whole thing by hand (harder for the editor to understand what was written) and was elderly and sick and had 1 day to proofread can help explain some of the more minute errors. I can't even remember people's named 2 minutes after shaking their hand much less recall the title of someone I worked with 30 years ago while I was in very bad healthy. Unfortunately, this is a field with so much bullshit that any errors or personal subjective spin can and should question credibility, even if someone is being truthful for the most part.

For what it's worth, Paul Hellyer said after he read the book he called a high level US military general (I think that was the rank but don't remember) to get his take on the book and this person told him the book was 100% true. As the Defence Minister in Canada and the equivalent of Deputy Prime Minister during the Cold War I bet Hellyer had some high up contacts he could call to corroborate and in fact did.

I enjoyed the book and thought it was worth reading. I recall Corso does provide names in the book, but having people's names doesn't necessarily mean anything can be corroborated. I doubt Strom Thurmond was going to publicly say he was in the know about UFO's or general Trudeau. (I think that was his bosses name) It took Chris Mathews to call out Dennis Kucinich totally unexpectedly on live TV to even get him to comment on this stuff and even then he tried to hit the eject button and I don't blame him.

I wouldn't come to a final conclusion either way, like a lot of this UFO stuff it's probably got some truths in there combined with stuff that is geared to make Coros look more important or even things that Corso was lead to believe was true but maybe weren't.

The end of the book sort of paints a vague picture that thanks to Roswell and Corso's work, we defeated the Russians and the Aliens, which IMO seems pretty outlandish, nothing is that simple, perhaps the publisher wanted to have a simple summary at the end that showed the significance of this stuff, I don't know.

However, it would not surprise me if in fact the deep black world has acutally created Star Wars tech in space that actually does work and is in response to UFO's. I thought that was a very interesting part of the book. By the way, what is the conscensus on this youtube clip which reminds me of this part of the book -
I'm still on the fence about how factual the book is, but I think it opens up a lot of possibilities. I don't disagree with anyone for ruling out the book because of the several inaccuracies that have been pointed out and the relatively small amount of backup to support the claims and the historic evidence which actually contradicts his claims, but I tend to leave open the possibility that there is significant truth in the book. Given the fact the guy wrote the whole thing by hand (harder for the editor to understand what was written) and was elderly and sick and had 1 day to proofread can help explain some of the more minute errors. I can't even remember people's named 2 minutes after shaking their hand much less recall the title of someone I worked with 30 years ago while I was in very bad healthy. Unfortunately, this is a field with so much bullshit that any errors or personal subjective spin can and should question credibility, even if someone is being truthful for the most part.

For what it's worth, Paul Hellyer said after he read the book he called a high level US military general (I think that was the rank but don't remember) to get his take on the book and this person told him the book was 100% true. As the Defence Minister in Canada and the equivalent of Deputy Prime Minister during the Cold War I bet Hellyer had some high up contacts he could call to corroborate and in fact did.

I have problems with the book too, but how much are does errors down to Corso. Did Bill Birnes have some influence on the story, did he spice it up a little so to give it a little flavouring. Whatever happened? what i siad is just speculation.However you cant get away from the fact that He was in "Rome" when he siad he was, and he did work in the "foreign technology" department as he siad in the book. The man has credibility, he is not a man who has justed walked off the street.There is so much lies and deception in this field it is hard to no, who are real insiders, and who are the fakes, but most of the time it is quiet easy to solve that problem.

Corso story is a flawed story, no matter how you look at it. It is a unknown and probably will remain a unknown till some type of opening up on this subject by the goverment happens.That is of course if the goverment has a real grasp on this subject in the first place? .

However what i found interesting in Corso story's is his role.I think Corso had knowledge. But i do believe he heard it from other sources that were more informed than he was? . That could be the reasons for the flaws in the story " because seeing stuff by your own eyes is totally different from the perception of the story by other individuals.

However Corso will always be a speculation case. However i watched a utube video recently in the last month about Corso.Where he talked about the Roswell craft being a time machine? . I had that same theory on my mind for years.It seems kind of strange that certain types of "U.F.O" look the same even do centuries after centuries have passed!. Seem's kind of strange! The craft have barely changed through the centuries.Silver discs have been reported back to bible times. Even Alexander reported spotting discs in the air when he invaded Persia.Cigar shaped ufo's have been reported for hundreds of years in Ancient texts and manuscripts.

Triangular ships are not exactly knew. However there has been cases in the 1800's where i found recently on the web.The boomerang ships are probably modern to our society today.

I am listening to old shows of the parcast i havent heard. I have started from feb 28 06 to Apr 4 06 that is around six shows i believe. Anyway i have a question on the mar 14 06 episode.it is open to anyone can anyone tell me what happened to the secret file that Corso had. Bill birnes mentioned it in the episode.

I didn't think "The Day After Roswell" had any credibility to begin with. How could a thinking person fall for that utter rubbish? Seriously.......

I didn't think "The Day After Roswell" had any credibility to begin with. How could a thinking person fall for that utter rubbish? Seriously.......

That is a very vague statement .Could you elaborate more why you think that. I myself are not a believer or dis'believer However i must admit i probably am kicking at 40% on the truth factor at the moment.However more information on this story could either rise or lower the bar for me.:confused:

Is Paul Hellyer not a thinking person? I think that's a pretty strong statement.

"I finally concluded, especially after reading a book called “The Day After Roswell” written by Colonel Philip Corso, that unidentified flying objects are, in fact real."
-- Paul Hellyer, Former Canadian Minister of defense on MSNBC, 12/9/05

For me personally, I don't look at a lot of this stuff as an 'all' or 'nothing' source. Even stuff that is clearly fake does have elements of truth to it and stuff that is clearly true does have some questionable aspects as well. For example, Paul Hellyer has a very accomplished background but does seem a little new age/guilable. Should we dismiss everything he says or take into mind these factors that hurt his credibility while at the same time seriously consider what he says?

This field is tough because a lot of the real stuff IMO is shrouded in crap, so you can either rule out anything that has parts that aren't credible (99.99999% of everything) or you can use your own discretion and try and read between the lines and form your opinion on whats likely going on.
I would argue that to a much lesser extent, this is something we all do every day when listening to politicians as well.

Certainly this book is not 100% accurate, but, who's to say the basis of the book and some of the major aspects do not contain parts that are very informative on the real picture of what happened.

I'm not an insider so I wouldn't know either way, but I have yet to hear or read anything that would completely discredit every part of the book for me (I don't have the same standards as others obviously).

Just my 2 cents.

I'm on the page #38 and so far I think I would let Tom Clancy to use all material Corso prepared for this book to write really intrigued novel :) I mean I don't think the book is a 100% fiction work but definitely can't be considered as a historical document and essentially can't help us to understand what was Roswell all about. But I have to admit by all means I would not put this book on the same shelf with 'Interview with Alien'.

What we need is for an industry insider to confirm or deny the possibility of silicon chips being 'helped along' by tech from a guys called Lt. Corso. Specifically, that they were having trouble controlling the flow of electrons until Corso showed up with some mystery tech that saved the day.

Back