• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Does Anyone Remember the Guest Who Talked About Disney?

This isn't about the original question...but, since we're on the topic of Disney I thought the following might be of interest to fans of the paranormal. First there's the Dark Side of Disney...a cool, sometimes disturbing blog, but fascinating for some of us reluctant Disney park fans (there's sort of a no-kids, tattooed, geeked out subculture of park goers that this appeals to). Also, there's been a big surge in urban explorers trying to break into restricted areas of the park that there's been some regional news stories on it. I think more interesting than that is some of the videos and blogs concerning the abandoned areas of the park...which are more than a little creepy - a good post about "abandoned Disney" is on the blog Imagineering Disney.
A while back a friend picked up a used book for me that's ghost stories from both Disney World and Disney Land...not too creepy, but interesting - it's called The Park After Dark. :)

This isn't about the original question...but, since we're on the topic of Disney I thought the following might be of interest to fans of the paranormal. First there's the Dark Side of Disney...a cool, sometimes disturbing blog, but fascinating for some of us reluctant Disney park fans (there's sort of a no-kids, tattooed, geeked out subculture of park goers that this appeals to). Also, there's been a big surge in urban explorers trying to break into restricted areas of the park that there's been some regional news stories on it. I think more interesting than that is some of the videos and blogs concerning the abandoned areas of the park...which are more than a little creepy - a good post about "abandoned Disney" is on the blog Imagineering Disney.
A while back a friend picked up a used book for me that's ghost stories from both Disney World and Disney Land...not too creepy, but interesting - it's called The Park After Dark. :)

Awesome, LeBombette! Thank you for sharing. It's definitely some interesting stuff! I will be checking the blog out. And I had no idea the parks had abandoned areas. I assumed they would just dismantle areas that weren't in use and use them for other things. Weird!

Yeah, River Country is probably the biggest abandoned piece of the park - it was once a water park and was replaced by either Blizzard beach or Typhoon Lagoon. Once when I was staying at Pop Century (an on-site Disney hotel) we were way back in one of the last buildings and we noticed there was another building of the hotel that was at least temporarily abandoned - not in ruins or anything, but definitely purposely empty. When you take the boat from the resort Riverside to Downtown Disney you actually pass by (the guide points them out) some futuristic pod type houses that were once used as an upscale resort in the park (like individual cabins, but with an Epcot vibe) in the 70's and 80's. These aren't in ruins as I believe Disney sometimes still uses them for in-house purposes...but, still interesting just the same. :)

Back