• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Does Anyone Remember the Guest Who Talked About Disney?

Grifynne

Paranormal Adept
I am kicking myself because I cannot remember the name of the guest who was on a while back talking about his experiences at a Disney park. He talked about breaking into restricted areas and taking a "tour" group through and about Disney culture in general. I searched the archives for the word Disney but nothing came up (I assume I need to have the guest name to find it maybe?). This wasn't a paranormal episode if I recall correctly, but an interesting one nonetheless.

Or maybe I'm hallucinating this whole thing! lol. It was a recent topic of discussion with my husband and I wanted to share the episode with him, but now I can't seem to find it. I need to start writing these things down or something! lol. :rolleyes: If anyone remembers the guest's name, I would be very grateful! Thanks! :)

Thanks, RobDel! I'm listening now and I'm pretty sure that's not the episode I was thinking of. Thanks for sharing it, though! It's definitely interesting. :) I love recommendations since there are so many episodes to listen to and so little time to hear it all! :eek:

I'm sorry I can't offer help. However, I listen to the older podcasts all the time. If I run across what I think you might be asking for I'll make sure to pass it along :)

Nice to meet you & I hope we see a lot more of you on the forums!

Thanks SlightlyAbovePar! A pleasure to meet you as well! :) If you run across any episodes you really like, feel free to make recommendations (even if they aren't Disney-related). ;)

Hopefully I'll stop by more often. I signed up a little while ago but I tend to come and go depending on my work schedule! lol. Lots of interesting topics here that I need to check out!

Totally understand work and life intrusions :) I think my favorite podcasst so far have been the two with Michael Horn. I don't quite know how post a link yet, but you can search for them in the "Show Archives" area of the web site (click home, then look for the tab, upper left). Also, there are some epically amazing posts from MH contained within the forum itself.

Let me know if you have any problems finding them and/or what ya think.

Cheers!

ETA: epically amazing = bat shit crazy

I love epic in all its forms. :p The shows that seem more serious are REALLY interesting but the bat shit crazy ones tend to offer more entertainment value I think. I love them all! I'll definitely check that guest out. Thanks for the recommendation! :D

Welp, I just finished the first Michael Horn episode and it certainly felt like a side show (his story, not the Paracast :p ). I think the comparison made to the way politicians speak is very accurate. And maybe it's just me, but hearing him read off his laundry list of "jobs" made me go...

276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_1600x900.jpg

Thanks, RobDel! I'm listening now and I'm pretty sure that's not the episode I was thinking of. Thanks for sharing it, though! It's definitely interesting. :) I love recommendations since there are so many episodes to listen to and so little time to hear it all! :eek:

If I may ask what is it about the disney park you are interested in, is it the lore of the park itself...apparently it does have a few urban legends tied to it...or is that whole 33rd parallel thing?

Hello SpookyMulder! While I am always into the weird, bizarre and spooky stuff, this actually was brought about for mundane reasons. My husband and I were talking the other night about Disney. His boss wants them to read Be Our Guest, a book about the Disney approach to customer service. I recalled the episode and told him about how insane they are when it comes to customer service. I recall the guest speaking about underground areas used by workers that looked completely different from what you see in the park (and their sue-happy legal guard dogs). So really, it had nothing to do with leylines or anything paranormal, but was still pretty interesting stuff. Hopefully I'm not thinking about a different program, but I don't think I am.:oops:

Angelo, Hello! :) I don't know much about the whole leyline thing so I didn't really get the tie in there. I mean I get that these parks are physically located in a leyline region but I wasn't sure if they were saying these places emanated good luck or something? I mean if they really have that kind of impact on a theme park, then what would happen if something negative was located there like a war or mass murderer or puppy killing factory (you get the morbid idea :p )?

You make a great point, there is enough fascinating things about the whole disney culture (as you so aptly put it) one needn't get all paranormal about it, but being the paracast forum it was an issue that was bound to crop up . Having said that obviously we talk about other things here as well, maybe someone will have the foresight to start a global warming/climate change thread.

Don't get me wrong, I usually prefer paranormal topics. :) I was thinking it's kinda funny that I was recommending an episode of a paranormal show that really wasn't about anything paranormal. That being said, I'll take weird, unexplained or creepy topics over most anything else any day. :D

@Grifynne - You mentioning Disney rang a bell with me but I can't help I'm afraid. I think it has been mentioned in more than one show. One time I think someone brought up the fact Disney was asked to make a UFO documentary that got shelved. It's available on youtube now but I don't know if it's the exact same documentary as the 'original' shelved one. Either that or a lot of it was edited out. Someone will probably know.
The other time Disney was mentioned was more in the light you indicate. I seem to remember someone mentioning that there is a 'secret' bar in the park - which is only for employees or VIP's I think?

Might be worth sending Gene a private message or email - if he can help I'm sure he will.

Good to see some more ladies on the forum. There are a number already but nowhere near as many guys. Welcome anyway!

If I may make a suggestion - I don't know if you have opportunities to listen to an mp3 player at work or on the way to work, or if you use a gym or go jogging/whatever. I download episodes onto my samsung galaxy phone and if I am going from A to B or at work, I listen to the shows. Another thing is that many listeners get annoyed by the advert breaks etc so what I do is just load an episode onto a free audio editing program (such as audacity) and when you look at the waveform, it is plainly obvious which parts are the commercials. I just highlight and delete those parts and let the program output the result as an mp3. It really is absolutely straightforward, requiring zero technical knowledge. There are literally just a few steps. If you are interested, send me a private message and I'll break it down for you.

Here are just a few episodes I loved that you could download - The first George Knapp one. The skinwalker roundtable one. Jaques Vallee. Dr Barry Taff. Klaus Dona. A.J Gevaerd. Bruce Maccabee.
There are so many good shows and so many I could recommend but the ones I've just mentioned are certainly good shows that I think any listener would agree with.

Goggs.

Hello Goggs! I just got done talking about you in another thread ;). Thanks for the welcome! I don't know if I can be considered a true woman. I'm not very girly (or so my husband tells me lol)!

Thank you for the suggestions! I work from home so I have something on pretty much all the time. If I'm not feeling Pandora Radio then I search for shows like the Paracast. I started with Coast to Coast a while back but I frequently find myself going back to certain episodes (which encouraged me to look for new shows). Paracast is by far one of the best I have come across thus far. I really appreciate the recommendations. Anything with George Knapp is always at the top of my list. I have heard a few of the other names, but I'm not terribly familiar. I will definitely check them out! I don't mind the commercials. I find some of them to be very amusing. :D

I seem to have opened a can of Disney worms. I didn't realize just how many topics featured at least a mention of the infamous Mouse and his company. I am still searching for that specific episode. Maybe I'll send a message as you suggested. :)

I think the episode you're looking for was an episode from "the higher side chats" podcast it's excellent in my opinion, warning though the language is colourful to say the least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the episode you're looking for was an episode from "the higher side chats" podcast it's excellent in my opinion, warning though the language is colourful to say the least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response, Dr.Abbadon. I'm pretty sure that's not it because I have never heard The Higher Side Chats before. I checked out the site and found one on Disney, but it's mostly about ley lines and that kind of thing. I appreciate the suggestion though, and it looks like that's another interesting radio program I need to check out! :) And I don't mind colorful language, it paints my day! :D

Back