• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Do You Think That The Yowie Really Exists?

5hownewsday

Paranormal Novice
A peculiar animal, five feet high, standing on his two hind legs and at the same time brushing away with claw-like hands the unkempt hair from his eyes. The animal is covered in long white hair and when seen was uttering the cries which had been disturbing the neighbourhood. this is the description of The Yowie .Do You Think That The Yowie Really Exists?

A peculiar animal, five feet high, standing on his two hind legs and at the same time brushing away with claw-like hands the unkempt hair from his eyes. The animal is covered in long white hair and when seen was uttering the cries which had been disturbing the neighbourhood. this is the description of The Yowie .Do You Think That The Yowie Really Exists?

That's really vague. Can you provide a link of what your are talking about?

1876 account, “A few days ago I saw one of these strange creatures…on the coast between Bateman’s Bay and Ulladulla… I should think that if it were standing perfectly upright it would be nearly 5 feet high. It was tailless and covered with very long black hair, which was of a dirty red or snuff-colour about the throat and breast. Its eyes, which were small and restless, were partly hidden by matted hair that covered its head… I threw a stone at the animal, whereupon it immediately rushed off…”

My critical thinking points strongly towards there being no Yowies or Bigfoots. A large mammal can't exist without leaving spoor, nests, bodies etc. Somehow these hairy guys are immune to natural disaster? Why don't they ever get hit by cars? Fall from trees? Get carried away in flash floods? Freeze to death in severe winters?

We've got the mystical side to them whereby they 'pop' in and out of our existence. How likely? What's the odds that an unclothed biped has evolved the ability to travel dimensions? If so, why do they bother throwing rocks if they're so higher vibrational?!

Maybe some evolutionary dead-end can help to explain the historical sightings. They descriptions sound very much in the realm of reason and don't give them glowing red eyes or magical powers.

The sheer number of worldwide accounts and regional similarities makes me hold the door open to the possibility that there are some isolated groups of primate sharing the world with us. Much like the UFO field, the amount of hoaxery is bordering on the obscene and short of a dead body, the myths will likely continue. Trail cams, like 'sky watches' are here to stay.

Wow if I get this one posted in time I will be the lead poster on 5 threads. That has never happened before. Oh and no it doesn't exist. :)

Much like the UFO field, the amount of hoaxery is bordering on the obscene and short of a dead body, the myths will likely continue.
That's the question isn't it? If there were large bipedal primates living in various parts of the world, wouldn't some of their corpses have been found yet? Sure someone can say that they bury their own dead (there are some examples of such behavior in nature), but I think its impossible that , until now, the corpse of a Bigfoot that fell down a ravine or drowned in a river (accidents happen to all animals) was never found.

That's the question isn't it? If there were large bipedal primates living in various parts of the world, wouldn't some of their corpses have been found yet? Sure someone can say that they bury their own dead (there are some examples of such behavior in nature), but I think its impossible that , until now, the corpse of a Bigfoot that fell down a ravine or drowned in a river (accidents happen to all animals) was never found.

I don't believe a bigfoot/yeti/yowie exists but there are new species of mammals discovered all the time...

I don't find it outside the realm of possibility that such creatures could exist and effectively remain hidden from us, given the remoteness of the locales where they tend to be encountered/sighted, the relative intelligence of other primates and an active desire to avoid contact with humans. But if they did they'd have to be in very small family groups and constantly hovering on the edge of extinction (if not already extinct within the past 100 years or so). I certainly don't think there's anything mystical about them. That they have a mystique is a consequence of human ignorance not a product of otherworldiness.

I have a brother in law whos seen a yowie, and i believe him
He left behind a well stocked camp site including tent and other camping gear.
Jumped in his car and took off, he never went back or camping again.
He told his story once when he got home, but refuses to speak of it now

Aboriginals say they are "spirit" creatures, the tracks can just dissapear into thin air

http://www.yowiehunters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=262&Itemid=132

http://www.yowiehunters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=263&Itemid=132

and lots more here

http://www.yowiehunters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=7&id=69&Itemid=132

A few years ago I bought and read an amazing book intitled "Still Living? Wildmen: Yeti, Sasquatch and the Neanderthal Enigma" written by Myra Shackley, a British archeologist that investigated reports of wildmen in the Altai Mountain region (between Russia and Mongolia). She speculated that a small group of Neanderthal men could still be alive in that remote region of Asia. The local populations reported sightings of human-like beings, which they called Almas, with a larger hair growth and incomprehensible language. Some even said that some rudimentary trade occured with the Almas (they would leave certain products on a rock and, on the next day, they would be gone and replaced, for instance, by some meat). The reports were nevertheless taken with great doubt, since those beings are part of local belief systems. Sightings by westerners were more rare but very interesting too. After an expedition to the area, Dr. Shackley wasn't able to find evidence that the Almas actually existed and she abandoned that research during the early 80's. As always in this type of stories, the myths and folklore made it hard to discern what part of the story, if any, was based on fact. It could be possible though, that a community of quasi-primitive human beings could be living in those remote places, only emerging from their mountain hideouts to hunt or trade. Everything else would be added later by the local storytellers throughout the decades, in a mixture of campfire tales and religious faith.

I have a hard time believing in things like bigfoot, yowie, and Nessie etc. as elusive biological species yet unclassified. So how to regard reports of them by numerous credible witnesses? We may branch from here into a tangle of esoteric explanations.

The creatures may be n-dimensional. They could be some kind of archetypal manifestation of uncharted areas of the human mind. Maybe they are non-biological visitors cloaked or morphed into something that looks animal. Maybe their owners have just let them out of a landed disc to stretch their legs for awhile! :confused:

my ex wife is 100% bohemian and she looks an awful lot like a yowie when she gets out of the shower.

Lets keep it above the navel folks!

On the subject otf the Yeti/Bigfoot/whatver I think it is possible. I have not seen footprints in natrure. I have also never seen bear prints in nature. I was once one a 3 week long hike throughout the mountains of Colorado (in my younger years). We camped and hiked and rarely visited towns. We saw deer, rabbits, fish, and mountain goats. But we never saw bobcats, cougars, bears, or wolves. Even though they were known to be living in the area.

Any park ranger or avid hunter will tell you that they don't find dead animals in the wild often unless it is a fresh kill. Within a few days all signs of the animal are gone. the argument suggests that bears, deer, moose, and whatnot are abundantly found dead in the forrest. That is just not the case. If these large primate animals exist, and I believe that there is evidence that they do, they are smart enough to be elusive.

Any park ranger or avid hunter will tell you that they don't find dead animals in the wild often unless it is a fresh kill. Within a few days all signs of the animal are gone. the argument suggests that bears, deer, moose, and whatnot are abundantly found dead in the forrest. That is just not the case. If these large primate animals exist, and I believe that there is evidence that they do, they are smart enough to be elusive.

The thing is, we've got all these critters in books, on film and stuffed in the houses of rich folk. There's no doubt that they share our world in a physical way. They leave traces. Bears, moose and deer have been roadkill. We've found the bones of people from thousands of years ago across the world. Flores hobbits and South American tribes are all known about without making contact with them.

The lack of definitive physical evidence for our wayward hairy cousins is a massive hurdle in the way of accepting their existence. Surely they simply don't exist beyond hearsay?

Saying that, it's equally hard for me to dismiss all the reported sightings as human mischief and misidentification.

My critical thinking points strongly towards there being no Yowies or Bigfoots. A large mammal can't exist without leaving spoor, nests, bodies etc. Somehow these hairy guys are immune to natural disaster? Why don't they ever get hit by cars? Fall from trees? Get carried away in flash floods? Freeze to death in severe winters?

Dude have you any idea how much land has not been discovered, deep deep deep and i mean deep forest where man has not ventured is a perfect place for for a creature/humanoid (whatever you wanna call em) like that . Food, water, shelter all provided in forests and as life adatps to its surrounding environment i believe it is very possible for these creatures to exist and survive without making contact with others living in populated areas. So there are more wild pigs than humans in Australia, Australia has more wild pigs than humans - Telegraphi bet if you did a survey on how many people have seen a wild pig in real life majority would say they haven't keep an open mind bro there are alot of things out there we do not know about we are only starting to open the lid to the unknown and its only a matter of time. Who said they were immune to natural disaster? i know of many stories/ sightings of the creature from Batemans Bay to the Blue Mountains, with no point of the sources making up a story like these. So it kinda makes me think that people are seeing something but what exactly is it? please visit this article as it is very interesting and explains how vast our world and forests are you will know what i mean when you read this....
Incredible pictures of one of Earth's last uncontacted tribes firing bows and arrows | Mail Online

The thing is, we've got all these critters in books, on film and stuffed in the houses of rich folk. There's no doubt that they share our world in a physical way. They leave traces. Bears, moose and deer have been roadkill. We've found the bones of people from thousands of years ago across the world. Flores hobbits and South American tribes are all known about without making contact with them.

The lack of definitive physical evidence for our wayward hairy cousins is a massive hurdle in the way of accepting their existence. Surely they simply don't exist beyond hearsay?

Saying that, it's equally hard for me to dismiss all the reported sightings as human mischief and misidentification.
sorry for the late response, it's only been a year and a half. :) Anyway, as I see it the delimiting factor is intelligence. A deer freezes when a spot light hits it, a bear has roughly same intelligence as a dog, etc. Primates have evolved to a higher degree of cognition. They can problem solve and apply conceptual scenarios to decision making. They make use of simple tools. The even experience emotional states like love, fear, anxiety, and compassion.

If, and I know this next part is a big assumption, but if we assume for a moment that these giant primates have slightly greater intelligence than known great apes then it is not a huge stretch to imagine they are smart enough to avoid some situations that lesser animals fall prey to. Couple this with the remoteness of their habitats, low physical populations, a natural tendency to avoid humans, and possible observance of customs like burial of the dead and it is not hard to imagine why the creatures might remain elusive.

Back