• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Do We Have Any Gamers Up In Here?

Wow, all this discussion of gaming on a paranormal forum and no one mentions actually playing any of the X-Com games?! :D There's no telling how much time I put into those - X-Com: UFO Defense, X-Com: Terror From the Deep, and X-Com: Apocalypse.
Has anyone heard anything about The Bureau: XCOM Declassified? It looks really interesting and seems quite appropriate given the general theme and focus of the Paracast forum:
Glad you posted this Grifyne, I remember the rumblings about an X-Com themed first-person shooter way back in the day. It looks like they're finally getting around to making one; I know that X-Com: Enemy Unknown was released last year but that's more of a strategy game than a shooter.

Wow, all this discussion of gaming on a paranormal forum and no one mentions actually playing any of the X-Com games?! :D There's no telling how much time I put into those - X-Com: UFO Defense, X-Com: Terror From the Deep, and X-Com: Apocalypse.

Glad you posted this Grifyne, I remember the rumblings about an X-Com themed first-person shooter way back in the day. It looks like they're finally getting around to making one; I know that X-Com: Enemy Unknown was released last year but that's more of a strategy game than a shooter.

I know nothing about the X-Com games, but I will say that trailer was verrry intriguing! We will probably be picking that title up when it's released.

Also, I can't remember who posted the Last Of Us trailer a while ago but my husband and I got it for PS3 a few days ago. OMG it is REALLY good! It has the nerve wracking quality of Silent Hill with a highly detailed post apocalyptic setting. The graphics are amazing (imo) and the story is very engaging. I also like how Joel isn't the white knight type character that you would expect him to be. I have no idea how the multiplayer aspect works but the single player story line is excellent from what I have seen so far. It's pretty challenging on normal mode, too. We have come to hate clickers. :eek: My husband handles all the actual game play (I just spectate) but he says movement is really fluid, which is also a nice touch.

Hi there guys,
Yes, XCOM is a reality, in fact, XCOM 2 has already been released and it is a a blast of fun ! Available for Linux, Mac and Windows. I think the game combines some UFO lore with combat elements. I bet Steven Greer has never heard of XCOM ! The game currently with 60% discount. Ther developers has just released a gigantic update for XCOm called "War of the chosen" hence the deep discount.

#groveerasmus and #dikkespel on Google

Currently (still) playing Elite Dangerous with Oculus Rift VR.. In Elite Dangerous I had spent many months traveling in my space ship through from human inhabited space to Sagittarius A, then another 22 thousand light years exploring and surveying star systems as I went on my way to Jaques Station. Thousands of FTL jumps later. I'm about to complete Mass Effect Andromeda.

#DikkeBras #GroveErasmus

Back