• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Do We Have Any Gamers Up In Here?

Merchandise that’s just out of this world!

Michael X

Paranormal Novice
Wow, all this discussion of gaming on a paranormal forum and no one mentions actually playing any of the X-Com games?! :D There's no telling how much time I put into those - X-Com: UFO Defense, X-Com: Terror From the Deep, and X-Com: Apocalypse.
Has anyone heard anything about The Bureau: XCOM Declassified? It looks really interesting and seems quite appropriate given the general theme and focus of the Paracast forum:
Glad you posted this Grifyne, I remember the rumblings about an X-Com themed first-person shooter way back in the day. It looks like they're finally getting around to making one; I know that X-Com: Enemy Unknown was released last year but that's more of a strategy game than a shooter.

Grifynne

Paranormal Adept
Wow, all this discussion of gaming on a paranormal forum and no one mentions actually playing any of the X-Com games?! :D There's no telling how much time I put into those - X-Com: UFO Defense, X-Com: Terror From the Deep, and X-Com: Apocalypse.

Glad you posted this Grifyne, I remember the rumblings about an X-Com themed first-person shooter way back in the day. It looks like they're finally getting around to making one; I know that X-Com: Enemy Unknown was released last year but that's more of a strategy game than a shooter.

I know nothing about the X-Com games, but I will say that trailer was verrry intriguing! We will probably be picking that title up when it's released.

Also, I can't remember who posted the Last Of Us trailer a while ago but my husband and I got it for PS3 a few days ago. OMG it is REALLY good! It has the nerve wracking quality of Silent Hill with a highly detailed post apocalyptic setting. The graphics are amazing (imo) and the story is very engaging. I also like how Joel isn't the white knight type character that you would expect him to be. I have no idea how the multiplayer aspect works but the single player story line is excellent from what I have seen so far. It's pretty challenging on normal mode, too. We have come to hate clickers. :eek: My husband handles all the actual game play (I just spectate) but he says movement is really fluid, which is also a nice touch.

gerasmus

Skilled Investigator
Hi there guys,
Yes, XCOM is a reality, in fact, XCOM 2 has already been released and it is a a blast of fun ! Available for Linux, Mac and Windows. I think the game combines some UFO lore with combat elements. I bet Steven Greer has never heard of XCOM ! The game currently with 60% discount. Ther developers has just released a gigantic update for XCOm called "War of the chosen" hence the deep discount.

#groveerasmus and #dikkespel on Google

gerasmus

Skilled Investigator
Currently (still) playing Elite Dangerous with Oculus Rift VR.. In Elite Dangerous I had spent many months traveling in my space ship through from human inhabited space to Sagittarius A, then another 22 thousand light years exploring and surveying star systems as I went on my way to Jaques Station. Thousands of FTL jumps later. I'm about to complete Mass Effect Andromeda.

#DikkeBras #GroveErasmus