• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Do We Have Any Gamers Up In Here?

Sweet! This turned out to be a great day. I just got an email I am in! I sure hope some other Paracasters will join us, good place to talk gaming without breaking the cadence of the Paracast Forums :)

Sweet! This turned out to be a great day. I just got an email I am in! I sure hope some other Paracasters will join us, good place to talk gaming without breaking the cadence of the Paracast Forums :)

Awesome! It would be nice if we have any laid back fellow gamers who might like to chitty chat! It's just a small, slow moving casual forum but we have some fun people there. We sometimes try other games as well, and anyone is welcome to join us if you want to play or socialize with a little group! :)

Not that I mind chatting about games here. ;)

Been a gamer for many years. Use to play RPGs, mostly FPSs now, namely TF2. I noticed some posts of music in games and I am partial to this song from Mirrors Edge. I only played through the game on my phone but it was still pretty good.

EVE online is my game of choice.

EVE Online is a Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Space Game - EVE Online

Internet Spaceships ... its very serious business.

The Star ship below is called a Tengu ... I own about five in game ranging from around 1.5 billion up to 3 billion ISK (In game money)

eve-online-tegra.jpg

And this is a Titan... yeah they are really .... really ... really ... BIG. and have a price tag to boot... can cost in real world money around a few thousand dollars.

news.jpg

You know we could just set up a Team speak 3 room to chat some time people... chat in real time

Been a gamer for many years. Use to play RPGs, mostly FPSs now, namely TF2. I noticed some posts of music in games and I am partial to this song from Mirrors Edge. I only played through the game on my phone but it was still pretty good.

lol I saw "Still Alive" and immediately thought of this:

You know we could just set up a Team speak 3 room to chat some time people... chat in real time

My husband likes Eve. And I called him a nerd for it (jokingly, of course). Actually a buddy of ours plays that off and on too.

We have a Mumble server we use, not sure the capacity of it since there's usually no more then 3 to 5 of us on at a time lol. I assume it's probably more than that. We'll probably be on this evening if anyone is feeling chatty.

My husband likes Eve. And I called him a nerd for it (jokingly, of course). Actually a buddy of ours plays that off and on too.

We have a Mumble server we use, not sure the capacity of it since there's usually no more then 3 to 5 of us on at a time lol. I assume it's probably more than that. We'll probably be on this evening if anyone is feeling chatty.

Our corp server is set for around 300 or 400 I think people at a time so it can take a few people :D

That's a lotta chitty chat! :p

That much is only used in joint fleet operations as the average number on is around 40 or 50 at a time... it really depends on the situation.

I live in a class 5 worm hole by the way and I gather you husband would know what that is since he plays EVE... spent a few years in low and null security space before I went for the the solitude of worm hole space.

Image below explains the security levels in the different parts of the galaxy in EVE

hilownullwh.jpg

High Sec = High security space that you are more or less safe (sort of) in
Low Sec = Pirates and gankers
0.0 or Null sec = Big player owned corporations and alliances much like the Mafia..

And WH or Worm hole space.... think Mad max :D

The last video game I played online was Star Trek Armada ( which is only slightly more sophisticated than Pac Man ) ... no wait, actually the last game I played online was chess ... using the BabasChess client. It's free. But who plays chess anymore you ask? Well I do ( even though I'm very amateur ), and there are usually people there you can get a game with fairly quickly ( hint ... your King doesn't respawn. )

The last video game I played online was Star Trek Armada ( which is only slightly more sophisticated than Pac Man ) ... no wait, actually the last game I played online was chess ... using the BabasChess client. It's free. But who plays chess anymore you ask? Well I do ( even though I'm very amateur ), and there are usually people there you can get a game with fairly quickly ( hint ... your King doesn't respawn. )

and neither will your spaceship .. you die... you die

Chess is a very cool game and great for the mind.

Has anyone checked out the new D&D Neverwinter game yet? It's all free to play (and no purchase needed to get the game initially). We been rocking that game and it's actually really fun. :)

And Stonehart - any talk of Eve makes my eyes glaze over. :D My husband seems to go in cycles, playing sometimes then not playing. He's been playing some game called StarDrive I think he found on Steam recently. I guess it's different from Eve but I view it as one in the same. :confused:

Has anyone checked out the new D&D Neverwinter game yet? It's all free to play (and no purchase needed to get the game initially). We been rocking that game and it's actually really fun. :)

And Stonehart - any talk of Eve makes my eyes glaze over. :D My husband seems to go in cycles, playing sometimes then not playing. He's been playing some game called StarDrive I think he found on Steam recently. I guess it's different from Eve but I view it as one in the same. :confused:

hahaha its the only game I have ever played that I had to join a University in game to learn how to play it to be very good :confused:

Back