• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

DNA Evidence Rocks the [Migration Theory] Boat

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[The role of technology affirming or negating myths & legends should be fertile ground for an insightful out-of-the-box sociologist—chris]

Vaticproject Note: RH Negs, and everyone else, this is extraordinary research and work with New technology in the DNA field. I was shocked at the results of the findings. This is not for fast food info reading, rather serious students of the historical origins of people and especially some tribes of American Indians. This surprisingly shows the migration of American indians to this continent and how it may not have been as first thought.

In fact, the migration and the haploDNA tracking not only identifies the migration, but also the origins of those migrating, which is where the surprise is for the Basque, Berbers and two or three specific American Indian tribes… Those tribes were the ones they could not trace back to Asia, rather they were traced back to the Middle East and not Africa where they say we all came from. There were no MTHaploDNA markers in the originating continents, so these tribes were not part of the asian influx into the country across the Bering Straights…

DNA evidence for Atlantis Beyond the Bering Strait - DNA Evidence Rocks the Boat
by Will Hart

In recent years, genetic research has produced unexpected results that have opened the doors to many historical mysteries. The surprising outcomes have also provoked unintended controversy. The reasons that these DNA investigations have sparked intense debates in the fields of anthropology, history and even cultural evolution will become clear as our story unfolds.

The genetic probes began innocently enough with geneticists wanting to see what secrets human genes might reveal about our complex, mysterious and often disputed history. Anthropologists and historians had long thought that the America's had been populated by Asians crossing a land bridge that connected Asia and North America during the last Ice Age. This was referred to as the 'Bering Strait Crossing' theory and was believed to have occurred about 12,000 years ago. Genetic analysis on Native American DNA samples began in the 1980s. However, the research effort greatly accelerated in the 1990s due to rapid technological progress in the field.

In fact, the early results confirmed the generally accepted theory showing a clear link between Native Americans and DNA samples collected from native peoples in Siberian-Asia. Nevertheless, as the studies both deepened and broadened to include Asians across the continent, the increasing data revealed that the migration pattern had been more complex than anthropologist's had envisioned.
REST OF ARTICLE HERE:

A recent report in Archaeology magazine cited evidence discovered in Uruguay of cut marks on Giant Sloth bones. Archaeologists believe these are tool cut marks...the problem is the particular giant sloth in question is about 30,000 years old which flies in the face in traditional migration theories and the dates associated with human habitation in the "New World". :)

I'm not quite sure what the Vatic blog is about, and I know for a fact I'm very weak at evaluating claims about DNA evidence even from mainstream sources. However, it does seem like contemporary genomics (if that's even the right word) is turning up all sorts of exciting discoveries. One of my favorite web resources is JOURNEY OF MANKIND - The Peopling of the World which distills DNA research into timeline and map graphics that show, more or less, the current state of academic knowledge about human evolution and migration patterns worldwide (including some current controversies about dating humans in North America).

Chris, you guys should interview Michael Tellinger.

Tellinger is South African. He collects all manner of kooky ancient artifacts he finds near his home in South Africa where he believes humanity originated 200,000 years ago.

Caveat: Tellinger employs Sitchen's "human slaves for the Aliens" thesis. Christian apologist Dr. Mike Heiser has exposed serious problems with Sitchen's scholarship on his website Sitchen Is Wrong.

That being said, Tellinger has physical evidence of something. I have watched many Tellinger lectures. This video I consider his best introduction to the subject:

Back