• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

did you meet ghost before

dccruibay66

Paranormal Novice
I don't believe in them and even though i have met people who think they have seen a ghost - i was not convinced.
The first said she was in bed then woken by someone jumping on the bed then when she looked up she saw a young boy running out of the room. She even got up, thinking it might of been her son but the corridor was empty.
The second was my friend. She saw an old lady standing outside of her bedroom door - she pulled the covers over her head and didn't look out until she woke up the next morning.
I said... you where both half asleep when you "saw" this thing therefore you where half dreaming.
Now, I am not ruling out the spiritual realm, etc, etc. But seeing ghosts i am not buying it.

I believe in them, but I've never personally seen. I have however felt cold spots, I've taken pics of eerily, inexplicable shapes, and fogs that appear out of nowhere (even though it was a warm night and no one was smoking and it definitely wasn't fog).

There are amateur ghost hunters all over the world. I recommend, if you're really interested, looking some up and maybe hooking up with them and finding out what they've personally seen, taken pictures of, collected EVP of, etc. Maybe even join them for some investigations if they're willing to have you.

thank you Sloppy joe for your reply i know different people have different opinion personally speaking i don't believe it you say that you have taken oics of eerily, inexplicable shapes, and fogs that appear out of nowhere .so i am a little curious about them can you share some ? thank you

thank you Sloppy joe for your reply i know different people have different opinion personally speaking i don't believe it you say that you have taken oics of eerily, inexplicable shapes, and fogs that appear out of nowhere .so i am a little curious about them can you share some ? thank you

i'll have to find them, but sure i don't mind. :)

i do still recommend you try calling some local ghost hunters too. they'll be able to show you more than i ever will. i got out of ghost hunting a number of years ago because i got way too busy.

I'm 38 years old and so far I have encountered absolutely nothing odd in my life other than some very unusual people. I'm kinda' jealous of those who have experienced paranormal things and in a way kinda' not. Sure, I'd like to see something just for the sheer awe factor and also to validate my interests but at the same time I wouldn't want to see it up close because it would scare the piss out of me.

I'm 38 years old and so far I have encountered absolutely nothing odd in my life other than some very unusual people. I'm kinda' jealous of those who have experienced paranormal things and in a way kinda' not. Sure, I'd like to see something just for the sheer awe factor and also to validate my interests but at the same time I wouldn't want to see it up close because it would scare the piss out of me.

believe it or not, i'm the same way. i've experienced enough but if i saw a ghost actually materialize, i'd probably piss myself. no joke.

believe it or not, i'm the same way. i've experienced enough but if i saw a ghost actually materialize, i'd probably piss myself. no joke.

Yeah, me too, ha ha. But what would scare me even more is those little gray bastards that are talked about in relation to UFO encounters. I think it is entirely possible I'd have a heart attack and drop dead on the spot. Even worse would be the kinds of entities the Allagash four and Kelly Cahill talk about, 7 foot tall black beings. I can't think of anything scarier than that. Sure, a pack of lions or a herd of elephants is plenty terrifying but something that is all-powerful as far as you are concerned and you don't know what its intentions are and which you know has an intelligence to it possibly greater than your own tops the scale.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

But my mom claims to have seen the ghost of her father after he died. She says she was sitting on a couch and he walked into the room and said, "It's OK." Then he disappeared. The screwed up thing is that I really don't believe her. It's not that I think she's lying. I simply suspect that she imagined it because she was so emotional at the time. Isn't that messed up? I'm interested in this stuff enough to discuss it on internet forums and read countless books and articles about it but when my own mother tells me about something she experienced I am doubtful about it.

Well, you basically can't trust anyone as long as they don't have a couple of things to back them up. When it comes to people, I'd say you never can stop wondering whether they're pulling your leg or are just imagining things. Guess that in the end you really can't tell unless you experience something like that yourself. I'm also a bit envious of the people who have seen weird stuff but I still wouldn't want to experience anything alone. I'd just be scared shitless. :D

But I'd love to experience something when in a group. With at least one guy totally on the skeptic side, to even things out.

And may I join your party? I'd also have a massive stroke if I ever saw one of them gray fucks. Guess the abduction narrative is inevitably getting to me. Was it Bullard who was writing on the helplessness in the abduction narrative? I'd say that's it, the thing most akin to the horror genre - if you have an encounter with a serial killer, it's still just a human - you have a chance. But with these bastards - nothing can save you, you're totally helpless. Unless you have one of those anti-abduction helmets, off course...;)

Have you seen the Intruders mini-series? You know, the one based on Hopkins' book? That was my introduction to the phenomena, way back when I was a wee lad who had trouble looking at a Freddie Krueger picture. :D

The aliens weren't that scary and I found the series very interesting. Until the scene with the blonde kid in the forest. I don't know if anyone remembers this - it happens when one of the women has a regression. And she goes back to her childhood when she and her sister saw a boy standing near a forest and waving to them. He kinda lures them into the forest and they follow him until they reach a small lake, if I remember correctly. And then they suddenly see that the boy is looking at a UFO which is staying near the edge of the water. And then the camera zooms in and you see the boy's back - everything normal, standard clothing, mid to long blond hair. And then he turns around...
That goddamn face scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I don't know why I found it so scary. When I watched the series with a girlfriend years later - I still couldn't bear to watch that. I guess I was too worried with what would it do to my attempts at spending the night alone in the apartment. :D

Anyone remember that scene?

Well, I'm 39. I've been interested in the paranormal since I was a young teenager, well before the internet made information so readily available. Despite twenty five years plus of interest in this sort of thing, placing myself in countless situations (graveyards at night, Civil War battlefields, old houses), I've seen absolutely zip. Nada.
I've had some close calls, but they were all explained away eventually. Most notably a "UFO sighting" in the Organ Mountains of New Mexico which turned out to be, of all things, "coyotes" trafficking illegals.
I'm still waiting, I suppose. My two cents: true paranormal events are incredibly rare. They happen, I believe (I don't know--just believe), but are so scarce as to be truly remarkable. There are a lot of folks out there who think they've seen something, who are simply mistaken.

I do not believe most ghost stories. That said, I have seen a "ghost" a few times back in 1970. I told my parents and brother about the ghost in the basement and they all scoffed until they all saw the ghost too. He was always in the same area in our basement and was always seen in the day time. We all saw him a couple times over a few weeks then never saw him again. It was a young man in late teens or early 20s and looked right at who ever saw him then vanished fairly quickly as we watched. It still gives me goose bumps when I think about it.

I do not believe most ghost stories. That said, I have seen a "ghost" a few times back in 1970. I told my parents and brother about the ghost in the basement and they all scoffed until they all saw the ghost too. He was always in the same area in our basement and was always seen in the day time. We all saw him a couple times over a few weeks then never saw him again. It was a young man in late teens or early 20s and looked right at who ever saw him then vanished fairly quickly as we watched. It still gives me goose bumps when I think about it.

I don't think ghosts exist, but that gave me goosebumps dude.

I don't think ghosts exist, but that gave me goosebumps dude.

i usually say i don't believe in them BUT i know what i (we) saw and can not dismiss it. i was about 30 feet away from the "ghost".

this is actually true for my UFO sighting too. i know what i (we) saw was not anything i have ever seen before, a damn jet chased it away and local airport tower and FAA said nothing not even a jet was in that airspace at that time.

it is very easy to say something doesnt exist, until you see something.

i usually say i don't believe in them BUT i know what i (we) saw and can not dismiss it. i was about 30 feet away from the "ghost".

this is actually true for my UFO sighting too. i know what i (we) saw was not anything i have ever seen before, a damn jet chased it away and local airport tower and FAA said nothing not even a jet was in that airspace at that time.

it is very easy to say something doesnt exist, until you see something.

I totally agree with you. I'm sure that if i ever see a ghost or a true UFO, I will change my tune.

I am quite certain you will see one or both in your lifetime.

I truly hope you are right! However, I've got to think otherwise. It's always been my assertion that legitimate paranormal experiences do occur, but that they are very, very rare. It would be hard to convince me that more than 1% of the adult population has experienced a true ghost or UFO sighting.

I truly hope you are right! However, I've got to think otherwise. It's always been my assertion that legitimate paranormal experiences do occur, but that they are very, very rare. It would be hard to convince me that more than 1% of the adult population has experienced a true ghost or UFO sighting.

Actually it is possible 99% of the adult population have seen a UFO by its very definition.

Actually it is possible 99% of the adult population have seen a UFO by its very definition.

I think you know what he meant though. Sure, if you look up and see something and don't know what it is that is technically a UFO as far as you are concerned. But UFO sightings that have a very good chance of being something truly anomalous are probably extremely rare. Heck, at this point there's only a handful of cases keeping me interested in the subject.

I think you know what he meant though. Sure, if you look up and see something and don't know what it is that is technically a UFO as far as you are concerned. But UFO sightings that have a very good chance of being something truly anomalous are probably extremely rare. Heck, at this point there's only a handful of cases keeping me interested in the subject.

I learned not to assume anything here. I too am only interested in a handful of cases as well, mine being at the top of the list because of what I witnessed.

I don't believe in them and even though i have met people who think they have seen a ghost - i was not convinced.

Now, I am not ruling out the spiritual realm, etc, etc. But seeing ghosts i am not buying it.

I have the total opposite view to you....I very much believe in ghosts. I have seen and experienced enough of them in my time to be convinced. You have absolutely no reason at all to believe what I say....all I can say in my defense is I am telling the truth....i am not deluded or someone who is sooooo blinkered to not accept an alternative if the evidence for said alternative is there......but I know what I have seen and experienced and still do on a reasonably regular frequency. The first ghost I saw was when I was 6 years old. Sometimes I have been scared, sometimes not....mostly it is the "jump" factor....the unexpectedness of seeing a ghost.
I am not trying to convince you of their existence either....I leave people to make up their own minds....I hope that they may see something that might challenge their view point...the "not being blinkered" thing works both ways....believers and skeptics alike. If you want more details about what I have seen then feel free to ask. Cool topic, this is though!

Back