• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Did NIDS Battle w/ Aliens on the Skinwalker Ranch?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[Back in 2004, I found out that Sarfatti had been asking around about this rumor. At the time the term "human mutilations" was being bantered about. Being one of the first investigators to go to the ranch in '96, I was very intrigued by the rumor and spent a solid two weeks that spring of 2004 contacting as many of the principles as possible: Nick Cook, Zack Van Ecke (the writer who broke the Sherman Ranch story) Local UT investigator Ryan Layton, MUFON UT State Dir Ron Regehr, NIDS board members, Colm Kelleher, George Knapp, the list goes on. Every single person I talked to said they had never heard anything about it, but several people seemed a little uncomfortable talking about the "rumor." Of course, my source (who informed me of Sarfatti's interest) had never been told not to say anything by Sarfatti who subsequently went ballistic on me for asking around about it. I did my digging, conducted my interviews and chose not to go public w/ the intriguing scenario as I could not get it confirmed. Now Sarfatti has decided to publicaly come forward and spill the beans. Hmmm—Chris]

Bigelow Aerospace Lethal UFO Extraterrestrial Battle Rumor Exposed
Gary S. BekkumJune 12, 2010
Dr. Jack Sarfatti, the maverick San Francisco physicist, relates a story he was told about a battle with the aliens.

Article HERE: STARpod.org -- It sounds like a Hollywood plot for a 21st century remake of Earth versus the Flying Saucers.

San Francisco physicist Dr. Jack Sarfatti claims to have heard the rumor while visiting London in 2004, while in the company of Nick Cook, the well known aerospace journalist from the private intelligence publisher Janes Information Group.

"I was asked by the 'CIA' not to pursue the story in 2004, but now Bigelow has (allegedly, it seems) opened Pandora's Box on the story."

Sarfatti came forward with the rumor following a remark made by billionaire space maven Bob Bigelow to the New York Times about the dangers of UFOs:

"People have been killed. People have been hurt. It´s more than observational kind of data."

The New York Times had interviewed Bigelow about his recent efforts to build a private space station. In the article, Bigelow was quoted about the lethality of the UFO phenomena, but the basis for Bigelow's statement was not pursued.

According to Sarfatti, the rumor of a battle between Bob Bigelow's employees and otherworldly beings was provided by a mysterious French woman, who was accompanied by a body guard carrying a mystery briefcase allegedly containing "some kind of 'psychotronic' weapon based on alien ET technology."

Sarfatti says the woman claimed to be part of a semi-secret Paris UFO group, and the woman attributed the story to Jacques Vallee, the internationally famous researcher who inspired the French UFO researcher Claude Lacombe in Steven Spielberg's classic UFO film Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Sarfatti quickly added, "Allegedly Jacques Vallee denies the story, but now Bob Bigelow seems to have gone public with it -- albeit without the details."

Apparently Sarfatti, who in recent years has consulted to Dr. Ron Pandolfi (for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence) on speculative ideas related to reverse engineering hypothetical extraterrestrial technologies, also knows more of this rumor than he is willing to make public.

"I am not divulging details only the general nature of the remarks. In any case Nick Cook heard them also."

In the 1990s, Bob Bigelow funded UFO investigations under a group he founded called the National Institute of Discovery Sciences, also know as NIDS.

Among the many investigations conducted by NIDS was the mysterious case of the so-called Bigelow Skinwalker Ranch in a remote region of Utah, where a variety of paranormal phenomena had been reported.

One experience made public by former NIDS personnel was the report of a nearly invisible being emerging from a tunnel that appeared to float in thin air, which led to speculation of an opening from another world -- a star gate -- built from a spacetime wormhole.

According to Sarfatti's account, the French woman "claimed an actual gun battle at Bigelow Ranch with Bob's paramilitary against aliens out of the wormhole with dead and wounded humans. She was very convincing and Nick Cook heard the strange tale at his private London Club with me and another witness. I debriefed Kit Green and Ron Pandolfi soon after and the story caused a big stir."

Pandolfi and Green are well known for their interest in unusual phenomena and their history of employment with the CIA.

Given the many reports of pilots who have lost their lives pursuing UFOs beyond the safe operating range of their aircraft, Bigelow's comments to the New York Times may have a more mundane explanation.

Until Mr. Bigelow comes forward with a more detailed explanation for his comments about lethal UFO encounters, Sarfatti's expose' of the rumor will only further inflame allegations of a cover-up among the fringe elements of the UFO community.

The Skinwalker Ranch legend is problematic for me. It's genuinely interesting, but follows a plot trajectory too precisely to accept as real. It literally follows the three act template of conventional fiction. From the opening scene of the huge dog/wolf to the involvement of NIDS and the open-ended conclusion, we have to suspend our disbelief. It's reminiscent of the Amityville book from the seventies.

There are so many elements from the paranormal and ufology fields that it feels constructed. We've got wormholes, cloaked aliens, disembodied voices, Native American legends, animal mutilations, military involvement, orbs, spaceships and UFOs. All these things centred on one area.

George Knapp investigated and stayed over at the ranch. If I recall the interview correctly, he experienced a couple of creepy moments. Who wouldn't, given the background story of the place? He didn't hear the voices, see orbs/UFOs or experience the abject terror of the claimants. NIDS described seeing their equipment being mysteriously damaged beyond repair and some aspect of a creature from the Predator movie on the telegraph pole. We have to take their word for it due to the lack of concrete evidence (images, recordings).

Have there been any updates on this story? Chris I'd be really interested in hearing any kind of skinwalker ranch update that you may have.

Back