• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dec 13 - Redfern

bluecat

Skilled Investigator
I really enjoyed this show. Great job!

Years ago I thought of Adamski and his ilk as half-baked nitwits. In the years since, I've started to wonder. Are their stories, in their own way, any more off-beat than today's abuctee stories? The phenomina casts doubt on itself, but at different times it does so in different ways.

I also enjoyed the history lesson. This is part of ufo history that's often ignored because some find it embarassing. I think it's important not to ignore anything. You don't know what's wheat and what's chaff (well, sometimes you have a pretty good idea) and you should be very careful about what you throw away.

Bluecat

Yeah I ended up enjoying it too. Usually I fall instantly asleep at the mere mention of 'contactees', but it turned out to be a decent show.

Nick is a smart guy and I like hearing what he has to say regarding UFOs and associated phenomena.

I thought it was funny listening to the Necon Fox News and Glenn Beck hating retoric mixed in with the UFO info from our obviously extremely liberal hosts. BONUS!

A good show. I think the aspect of the cryptoterrestrial hypothesis is very intresting. It also does explain the actions of the government in keeping the topic in general filled with junk and not disclosing infomation.

Great show.. I'm going to check out Nick's book.

Izzat was brought up, I really wonder what happened with all that. There was such a buzz surrounding her that obviously disappeared. Nice woman, but I'm leaning towards it being some kind of camera defects or something. I just remember whoever the guy was on that paracast episode referring to her photos as "her work" which I seemed a bit misleading to me.

I find the idea that some abductions are psyops operations as very interesting. With today's technology who knows what could be happening. How about a show on mind control and and psyops ?

Yeah and climate change came up as well (ugh).. Well I agree with David, there is a grey area in between that noone hardly addresses.. Could humans be responsible for some ? Sure, a very small percentage. For all of it? I highly doubt it. I'm just not buying into that. I surely don't think global taxes and cap and trade with do a thing about it.

Listened to it as well now, good show. Nick is always level headed and ready to take a discussion wherever it needs to go, and one of my favorite guests on most shows. His books arent always that coherent unfortunately, but im pretty sure i will have to get this one, its a fascinating subject and seems much more focused than f.x. his on the trail of the saucers spies book, which was a very mixed bag, mostly not too spicy

LOL did anyone catch Redfern on coast to coast the other night? I lost a lot of respect for him before the interview was done.

On the Paracast, I got the impression that he took a fairly sceptical eye to much of the contactee movement; while he completely flip flopped with snoory, coming off as a true believer of the whole deal. Especially with the idea of the human "space brothers" of the 50s, on coast I got the impression that he believes that they're entirely legit and not taken as seriously as they ought to be.. on the Paracast he didn't seem to take them seriously at all and pointed to popular culture of the time as an major factor.

I really enjoyed the Paracast interview with him, but after hearing the coast to coast interview afterwards, I'm disappointed with him personally... oh well.

Nah I think youve got the wrong impression. I cant speak to the C2C interview, but Ive heard Nick Redfern interviewed on a number of occasions and he is definitely quite a skeptical guy.

That comes through in his blog too, at UFOMystic

yeah, this sounds strange for me too. Perhaps its just the fact that C2C is the format show for more story telling and chit chat, so he comes across more uncritical? Nick is usually great to listen to...i wont say he's the sceptic, but he always states that he is open to different interpretations. He's always handling some new topic each year or so, so he always has something new to talk about

But thats what makes the paracast so extra valuable, that nick gets an extra squeeze here :D

Really enjoyed this episode. It seemed to fly by, and left me wanting to hear more. Nick Redfern is always an entertaining guest.

I've always wondered is there any truth some truth to the stories of people been taken aboard spaceships. Well the case of Travis Walton comes to mind, but in the end some people view that as abduction case not a contact case. I'm of the opinion, both are interconnected, you can not have one without having the other. As for Adamski, not having read up on the case at all. I just give one opinion and my opinion stems, from what I've heard on the show. David said during the show, that he had seen photo's from the Adamski case, and that they 'were no where' near compelling or interesting. From that statement. I assume that would mean fake?

So if Adamski, produced photos to back up his claims and the photos are fakes. Then the case lacks credibility just from the one act he done. The deliberate faking of photos.

Dorothy Izzat, is a compelling case. Let us no forget outside the claims made by Dorothy during the years. A film crew captured stuff on film. Having not seen the film myself though. I'm unwilling to explore the reality or truth to honesty of the film and what it been alleged.

The interview was interesting, and I'm of the opinion McTonnies has lots to offer us with his new book. It a pity the man is no longer with us and it's a sad loss for his family and the UFO community.

I think you should check that izzat documentary and it will probably turn you around. Its clear that something is outside that window, but i dont see how that couldnt be a number of things, like some remotely controlled gizmo on a stage rack or something. In any case, minus that piece of footage, the case as a whole comes across as a giant scam when you watch the docu. The family also seems completely unsympathetic.

If her case should be considered compelling, then i cant see why steven greer, jaime moussan, carlos diaz etc. arent. Its all in the same box as far as i see it.

If her case should be considered compelling, then i cant see why steven greer, jaime moussan, carlos diaz etc. arent. Its all in the same box as far as i see it.

Seriously? I could not agree less. Izatt has, for the most part, not sought out any type of publicity, nor has she made a broken dime on any of her claimed experiences, unlike those other folks you name. I mean, Greer is the same as Izatt? I don't think so, sorry.

dB

Well no, i dont mean that she is publicity seeking in the same way as greer, but their evidence is the same kinda mundane stuff, while they talk about the most amazing things which we never get to see. Again, i can just mention that one video in the izzat film where they talk about ships powering up or whatever...that same exact clip has been used in tons of other documentaries (i think its from james gillilands ranch, it sounds like him anyways, and he uses it in his own bio-docu..thing). Why show that and other even more vague stuff? If its izzats story then her or at least her family would have an interest in making sure that the material in it checked out...you would think

I dont think its just the izzat docu producers that you had on the show that have something shady going on (although they were complete douchebags, especially the main guy making those comments about vallee), the whole family just seems not credible to me when i watched that film. I dunno, maybe i should watch it once more, but i doubt that i'd change my mind on it.

LOL did anyone catch Redfern on coast to coast the other night? I lost a lot of respect for him before the interview was done.

On the Paracast, I got the impression that he took a fairly sceptical eye to much of the contactee movement; while he completely flip flopped with snoory, coming off as a true believer of the whole deal. Especially with the idea of the human "space brothers" of the 50s, on coast I got the impression that he believes that they're entirely legit and not taken as seriously as they ought to be.. on the Paracast he didn't seem to take them seriously at all and pointed to popular culture of the time as an major factor.

I really enjoyed the Paracast interview with him, but after hearing the coast to coast interview afterwards, I'm disappointed with him personally... oh well.
Love yourself more and don't listen to c2c - they don't deserve you!

Listened to the interview with Nick Redfern and quite frankly I was a little bit disappointed. Too much focus on the negative left the entire interview without any fireworks. A vague reference to the "trickster" and that was it.

And that's strange in itself because if Redfern would have bothered to check out eyewitness testimony (readily available on the internet and in books of other authors), he would have found credible people making supporting statements regarding the contactee cases he discusses. Simply put, there's more to it and Redfern drops the ball on this one (in the interview).

He also could have checked with other authors such as Tim Good or Bill Hamilton whom researched the 'early contactees' themselves and had sightings/unusual experiences in the process.

It seems the ufological middle still has a lot of work to do.

The Redfern interview was superb in my opinion. Also in my opinion, Nick Redfern and Greg Bishop are the most insightful of the newer generation of researchers of the UFO phenomenon. It would be wonderful to have them both on the Paracast more often.

Dr. Sami Saladin
Pisa, Italy

Back