• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David's revelation of an up close encounter

Indrids Cold

Destroyer of the Universe
I'm half way through the latest podcast with Steven Bassett and since I haven't heard it all don't know if DB has given any more info on the very up close UFO experience he had. I heard him say he's never spoken about this until this podcast. Does he go into further detail? Enquiring minds want to know.

I'm half way through the latest podcast with Steven Bassett and since I haven't heard it all don't know if DB has given any more info on the very up close UFO experience he had. I heard him say he's never spoken about this until this podcast. Does he go into further detail? Enquiring minds want to know.

DAMN, why did you have to mention this? Up to now I was totally fine with skipping over this particular podcast and saving myself an hour because I don't feel that Bassett has anything useful or interesting to say. But now I have to go and listen.

Maybe someone can be so kind as to give me the time spot where David tells the story, so I can skip ahead to that part.

He didn't really give any details, except that he saw something extremely high-tech at very close proximity...

I'd love to hear more about it! To be honest I'm having a hard time understanding why he's being so reluctant with spilling the beans about it... How about it David?

David's shared his experience in other shows before. (If he's sharing the same incident in the newest ep, haven't heard it yet). But I never tire of hearing it!!

its a new part of the story, you could litterally hear him stretch out his leg and take a step forward, but he didnt transfer his weight and move forward.

still one step at a time , and in his own time seems like a natural progression.

my guess, and its just that a guess , is there is an aspect to the incident that Mr Biedny thinks will damage his image, in respect to credibility.

that aspect will need to be reconciled somehow before he exposed himself to a perceived potential bubble burst...

i'd like to hear more personally, but I and im sure many others here fully understand any reluctance, and where it comes from

:)

I've seen a UFO up close, too and I'm not too sissy to talk about it. Give us the the goods the Dave. Don't go all Stan Romanek on your audience and make us endure the eternal dry-hump.

K then, someone tell me at what point in the podcast he tells this! And yeah, David, 'fess up! MORE details, please!!?? :)

This clamoring for more details reminds me of the movie "The Man from Earth" where Oldman tries to stop telling the story. But the others all clamor for more detail even as he is saying that this isn't a good idea. Eventually he agrees and relates more information about himself. Half the people who were clamoring for details then become angry and upset with Oldman for telling them, to the point of threatening him with incarceration and withdrawing their friendship.

I'm not suggesting David is a closet Jesus or anything, but he may have good reasons for not telling anything further. (You do remember Oldman DID get the girl in the end, though!)

This clamoring for more details remonds me of the movie "The Man from Earth" where Oldman tries to stop telling the story.
It doesn't remind me at all of the part in 'Godzilla vs. King Kong' where it starts totally kicking-ass at all.

my guess, and its just that a guess , is there is an aspect to the incident that Mr Biedny thinks will damage his image, in respect to credibility.

seems like every time dB is kind enough to share, he gets shit on by a bunch of doubters. i do not blame him for his silence.

seems like every time dB is kind enough to share, he gets shit on by a bunch of doubters. i do not blame him for his silence.

ROFL, yeah but you also think 911 is an "inside" job.

i'll put my "amazing powerz of perception" against yours anyday.

I've seen a UFO up close, too and I'm not too sissy to talk about it. Give us the the goods the Dave. Don't go all Stan Romanek on your audience and make us endure the eternal dry-hump.

Well, I finished the podcast and David didn't make any more reference to the incident. Really too bad. It would be interesting to hear him contrast his Venezuela sighting, which must have been spectacular in itself, with this untold experience. Rather then the events themselves, I'm more or less interested in hearing what he thinks about the impact, if any, these events have had on him as a person. Apparently, he may not be ready to share those thoughts.

Well, I finished the podcast and David didn't make any more reference to the incident. Really too bad. It would be interesting to hear him contrast his Venezuela sighting, which must have been spectacular in itself, with this untold experience. Rather then the events themselves, I'm more or less interested in hearing what he thinks about the impact, if any, these events have had on him as a person. Apparently, he may not be ready to share those thoughts.

I've been thinking about this... I lean towards UFO's as being other than present-day human technology. BUT - and here it gets silly: I can accept people I don't know, personally, such as on this forum, saying they believe UFO's are not 'ours', and accept that. People who know me, look at me askance when I say things like that, and I can accept that, too.

What I am having difficulty accepting is that when people I know, try to discuss UFOs and such, and then I go all, 'yeah, right' on them if they pass what I consider possible.

My dad thought UFOs manifested from another dimension, back in 96 he talked about that, and that was before all the physicists became the flavour of the month with dimensional theories. I was completely okay with that. My oldest brother, on the other hand, said he saw a UFO, and a Sasquatch - not necessarily at the same time. Ya, right, was my reaction.

I cannot understand why I can hold those beliefs, etc., but other people are nuts if they say they saw a UFO. and I don't think I am the only one to think that way.

So I don't wonder David is holding back, if whatever he saw doesn't follow the 'acceptable norm' for UFOs, then, ya, he puts himself at risk for being considered cuckoo, and if we, who are supposed to be open-minded on the subject, find his experience hard to believe, then that would make it even worse for him.

Another thing I consider is, by co-hosting the Paracast every week, David is now considered 'ours', part of our circle - even if we never meet him - for as long as we listen to the Paracast. So, as long as we 'own' him, we don't want him to flake out on us or be 'too' extreme, as he is now an indicator of our own personal beliefs. Hey, people judge others all the time by what they listen to in music, watch on tv, vote in politics, worship in temples, and live and drive in.

Not saying all those here have that problem with accepting others, high strangeness and all, but I am betting a good few of us do have those caveats in our relationships with others, and maybe David is sensitive to that, either here or where he works. who knows.

There is probably an entire thesis on this subject, relating to the celebrity phenomenon.

Humans are a weird lot. :confused:

By the wording of this post, I was worried that David knew when he was going to be abducted next.

David, if you do get abducted, have them bring you to my house. That way I can get photos of you and Whitley with stuff stuck up your butts. AnnetteMarie tells me that it's fun to be put on the Colostomizer.

Hehehehehe.

By the wording of this post, I was worried that David knew when he was going to be abducted next.

David, if you do get abducted, have them bring you to my house. That way I can get photos of you and Whitley with stuff stuck up your butts. AnnetteMarie tells me that it's fun to be put on the Colostomizer.

Hehehehehe.

laughing out loud in silence... :D

I think comments like this will only irritate David. I know you werent being totally serious, but based on past comments from David he was many reasons why doesnt share particular stories and a comment like that might have this opposite effect than intended.

I suggest we do David the courtesy of deciding what, if, and when he shares with us, without nagging. From personal experience, I know it can be hard to discuss such things. Encountering a UFO or other anomaly really messes with your world view, not to mention your head. There's often a really potent sense of inhibition which accompanies such events. You feel reluctant to discuss the event, or aspects of the event, and speaking from a personal perspective, may even feel you shouldn't talk about it. Whether this is out of fear of seeming crazy, or whether it is something imposed by some external influence, I really don't know. But it can be really hard for some experiencers to talk in too much depth about what they've encountered - especially when there's every chance they'll get doused in negativity from others for doing so.

I suggest we do David the courtesy of deciding what, if, and when he shares with us, without nagging. From personal experience, I know it can be hard to discuss such things. Encountering a UFO or other anomaly really messes with your world view, not to mention your head. There's often a really potent sense of inhibition which accompanies such events. You feel reluctant to discuss the event, or aspects of the event, and speaking from a personal perspective, may even feel you shouldn't talk about it. Whether this is out of fear of seeming crazy, or whether it is something imposed by some external influence, I really don't know. But it can be really hard for some experiencers to talk in too much depth about what they've encountered - especially when there's every chance they'll get doused in negativity from others for doing so.

Very polite, Siani, but it seems to me that some part of D.Biedny wants to talk more about it. Maybe that's why he brought it up in the first place. Perhaps he wants encouragement.

Sorry to talk about you in the third person, D.Biedny, and I reserve the right to be wrong about what I said.

Back