• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David Weatherly: Strange Intruders, Black-Eyed Children and more! Questions?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
David Weatherly is a paranormal investigator and author now residing in Arizona. He appeared on the Paracast roundtable addressing the controversial Sherman Ranch case September 2012 along w/ investigator Ryan Skinner and former NIDS Ranch security employee "Chip."

For over 35 years David has explored the world of the strange, investigating cases around the country and abroad. He has written and lectured on a diverse range of topics including Cryptozoology, Ufology and Hauntings.

David has also studied Shamanic and magical traditions with elders from numerous cultures including Europe, Tibet, Native America, and Africa. He has spent a considerable amount of time investigating and researching Utah's Uinta Basin—location of the infamous "skinwalker ranch."

He has appeared on numerous other radio programs including: Coast to Coast AM, Dreamland and we were both interviewed last week for the next season of "Ancient Aliens,"

David's latest book, "Strange Intruders" and the topics he addresses include the Djinn, Slenderman, Black Eyed Beings and much more.

Post your questions here!

Being that slenderman is generally accepted to be the result of an internet meme and some people consider Brian Bethel's initial b.e.k. sighting to be along the same lines, do you think that any new bogeyman that now comes along to be more suspect than those in the past ? Has the internet and by extension the sharing of social media muddied the waters to a large extent ?

Also please ask him if he has any insight on the occasional clown sightings that pop up every now and then. The Northhampton clown seems to have gone mainstream. He has a Facebook page and twitter account and gives money to children's charities but perhaps other more insidious ones will soon follow in his wake.

Last edited:
I am sorry this is a bit of a macabre question but, please ask Mr Weatherly if he knows of any ceremonies or rituals that require or involve specific organs or parts of animals (especially cows) that could account for some cattle mutilation cases?

Also (or alternatively if my first question was not appropriate) please ask what the best advice or piece of wisdom he has been given by a "Shaman" is?

Thank you

1. Why do you believe the number of incidents of black-eyed children are increasing? Do you know of any other paranormal phenomenon that is increasing at the same rate?

2. Are black-eyed children a new and modern phenomenon? When was the first recorded instance of this phenomenon that you're aware of?

3. Have you researched the use of remote viewing to identify paranormal phenomena and are you aware of any information gathered from remote viewers on any paranormal phenomena (but particularly on the paranormal areas you focus on)?

4. Are there any important data or conclusions on the nature of the paranormal events at the Skinwalker ranch that are being kept secret by NIDS and Richard Bigelow?
Thanks,

Technomage-T

When I first started reading of the BEK, via Jason Offutt, or Lon Strickler, is where I think I first read the "single individual camping trip" BEK report, the same person that reported the incident stated that it was a self admitted hoax from someone that liked fooling people with his campfire stories. I think it originated as a post on ATS or some forum of that nature.

How have you substantially overcame this aspect of the BEC saga to the effect where you felt it merited further investigation? Was this a hoax as the man that wrote the article stated? Or was that itself some type of false communication?

Last edited:
If it's not too late I'd like to ask if we can't just put stories about the Djinn, Slenderman or Black Eyed Kids into the modern / urban myth drawer. Personally, I think they are no more than that, "en vogue" now and probably forgotten within a year or two.

Because of my own experiences, I do think something like discarnate consciousness is quite possible. Could it be that this is what's at the roots of all this mythology?

What might be the ratio of pure story telling or confabulation to real phenomena?
Do these real phenomena take place only in consciousness itself or is there a physical reality to them?

Do you think "Ball of Light" UFOs may be related to light phenomena reported in hauntings?

Last edited:
After the debacle of the Imbrogno/Guiley Djinn book, what information other than myth tales, can Mr. Weatherly bring to the table?

Dave i have heard you on other shows talking about BEK's and you spoke of an incident were a man was in a car accident immediately following a BEK asking him for a ride somewere, are there any more well known or documented cases were there was actually proof of something bad happening after an encounter?

:eek: I see the point. What you banish you may invoke.
… or something like that :cool:

LOL. Personally, the best shows are the truly spooky ones that have plausibility in the real world -- like Skinwalker Ranch and Missing 411 style episodes. These all seem so tangible and real. Just can't get wrapped up into Internet memes and such.

I must be missing the point here. I have a few problems with Djinn demonized by Islam for not bowing to humans and then used as obfuscation for the demonic realm while confusing them into mortal creatures of another dimension etc. And "what you banish you may invoke" is some kind trick question for the acceptance of evil? And nobody is snapping the necks of any black eyed children if their power is of demonic origin; the neck you try to snap would be your own. Appearances are deceiving, IMO.

Back