• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David, ENOUGH ALREADY!

Free episodes:

DB TREK: You can spout all the nonsensical Carl Rove-isms you want. Mental jihadism? Right. Because anything opposed to the fascists in power is aiding the terrorists. I gotcha. Know what the difference between me calling him a fascist and him calling me a jihadist is? He actually is the textbook definition of a fascist, while I am not a jihadist mental or otherwise. One is fact and one is an insult but they both sound like just insults so it's easy to confuse the two.

The one half of one percent is not a made up number. Do you have any clue what the military budget is vs. everything else tax dollars are supposed to pay for?

It really is this simple: Take a tiny fractional slice off the death industry and you'll have enough to fund life industries AAAND the big death industry. All of the other figures are a diversion. Population control is a diversion. The money is there, we have to be willing to reallocate it into not-bombs.

I didn't just say FOX News. Pretty much all of it is conservative garbage. Here's how media works: reporters can be as liberal as they want about the issues they are allowed to report. But what they are allowed to report is often censored by the editors who take their marching orders from corporate bosses who run the show and so...the beat goes on. Fox is just the most obvious offender because they dared to say "We're taking on the liberal media." Since there's no such thing as a liberal media, that makes them an obvious propaganda machine and an easy target.

Lastly, when I said "having no position makes you a sheep" I said that wrong. I didn't mean you personally. I meant "having no position makes one a sheep." Clearly, you have a position.

valiens said:
. And in the process of studying it, taking it in, it's not exactly picking a side or "being a lefty" when you see that actually, factually, the biggest, most audacious criminals in power today are the Bush/Cheney clan.

This is called 'quackery'. I would point people's attention to the Darfur region of Sudan, or the oppressive Regime of North Korea, or the women living under Sharia law who are routinely strangled or stoned to death as if their lives are meaningless.

What about all that?

No, that's taking a dispassionate look at the world we live in today. Why make the effort when you can slobber all over yourself screaming about Bush being "factually" the biggest, most audacious criminal in power today?

Rent that brain space out.

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
valiens said:
. And in the process of studying it, taking it in, it's not exactly picking a side or "being a lefty" when you see that actually, factually, the biggest, most audacious criminals in power today are the Bush/Cheney clan.

This is called 'quackery'. I would point people's attention to the Darfur region of Sudan, or the oppressive Regime of North Korea, or the women living under Sharia law who are routinely strangled or stoned to death as if their lives are meaningless.

What about all that?

No, that's taking a dispassionate look at the world we live in today. Why make the effort when you can slobber all over yourself screaming about Bush being "factually" the biggest, most audacious criminal in power today?

Rent that brain space out.

-DBTrek

true that's all horrible and shouldn't be overlooked. But it's also localized and there's no pretending involved. No one in those regions is pretending to be a large democracy doing good for the world.

That's what I mean by the 'mental jihadist' approach to politics. By the way, as far as I know that phrase was created by ME, so let's not give Rove credit that I rightly deserve.

I think a realist is able to look at the Bush administration and say "Wow, that was really bad for America".

But instead people choose to take a 'jihadist' mindset where Bush isn't simply a terrible president, but he's in fact "actually, factually, the biggest, most audacious criminals in power today ..."!!!!!

C'mon man . . . why can't people on both sides come back to reality for a while. It's nice to have a scapegoat to dump all of the worlds ills on (As Germany c.1938 demonstrated), but replacing rational thought with emotional fanaticism is not the route to anywhere we want to go.

-DBTrek

I want Canada to invade US.

It isn't really necessary to take a trip to another country to know how we are viewed, thanks to the net. I'm surprised more 9/11 haven't happened to be real honest.

DBTrek said:
That's what I mean by the 'mental jihadist' approach to politics. By the way, as far as I know that phrase was created by ME, so let's not give Rove credit that I rightly deserve.

I think a realist is able to look at the Bush administration and say "Wow, that was really bad for America".

But instead people choose to take a 'jihadist' mindset where Bush isn't simply a terrible president, but he's in fact "actually, factually, the biggest, most audacious criminals in power today ..."!!!!!

C'mon man . . . why can't people on both sides come back to reality for a while. It's nice to have a scapegoat to dump all of the worlds ills on (As Germany c.1938 demonstrated), but replacing rational thought with emotional fanaticism is not the route to anywhere we want to go.

-DBTrek

You're right. I changed my mind. There are no bad guys at work here. Things have gone to shit by magic.

valiens said:
You're right. I changed my mind. There are no bad guys at work here. Things have gone to shit by magic.

Maybe . . . just maybe . .. some things have gone to shit, and some have not. And of those things that have gone to shit . .. maybe there's more than one singular simplistic reason/culprit for it.

Just something to ponder if you ever get tired of carrying a political party's water for them.

It's crazy . . . try to talk sense to republicans and they'll holler 'liberal' and 'Bill Clinton' like evil never existed on earth until Bill Clinton took office. Try to talk sense to democrats and it's all "Bush" and "NeoCons!"

I live in a country of fewlz.

-DBTrek

Sigh... and my original complaint was so innocent... now it's become breeding ground for all this politico nonsense. Maybe Cotton's right, maybe there does need to be a politics forum....

Paranormal Packrat said:

Leave us out of it! We have enough trouble with Quebec!

Here's the state of play regarding this thread up to now:

One person creates a thread criticising David for continually mocking Stanton Friedman on the show.

Some people reply that they agree with the criticism, some reply that they do not and that they enjoy David mocking guests on the show.

Some people write that they agree with David's EDH and other hypotheses,
some write that the EDH and other hypotheses have no validity.

So far so good. Healthy and intelligent debate. Something that has been missing from the UFO field for a while and certainly more constructive than the recent CNN show and Michael Shermer's antics.

Then comes a stinging and venomous rebuke to all that have constructively criticised him on the Stanton Friedman affair basically telling all that do to fuck off and don't listen to the show if we don't like his comments, which led to an injection of a political debate seeing the original topic of the thread veer off on to a radical,neo political shit storm of day to day American politics.

So far so bad!

I think a decision needs to be made.
Maybe we should discontinue this thread, as the original subject has almost certainly lost it's relevance and someone needs to start a politically motivated thread so those who wish to bemoan the current state of American political affairs can air their grievences and attack each other at will.
I'm sorry, David, that a small critique of your actions on the show has developed into a slanging match and that you have taken it so personally.

Raevenskye said:
perhaps it's time to create a "society chat" forum?

I don't know if it's worth a whole forum, but surely you can create a new thread, folks, if that's what you want and indulge yourselves :D

CapnG said:
Sigh... and my original complaint was so innocent... now it's become breeding ground for all this politico nonsense. Maybe Cotton's right, maybe there does need to be a politics forum....

Paranormal Packrat said:

I requested it and David did not feel it was needed. I never questioned that because this is his and Gene's site and I am only a guest in their cyber home. What they say, goes. It is pretty clear a lot of us have a lot to say about these topics and if I have the urge to speak on them I'll post it in the conspiracy forum even if they are not really a conspiracy because at least in that forum it usually involves in politics.

The Pair of Cats said:
I'm sorry, David, that a small critique of your actions on the show has developed into a slanging match and that you have taken it so personally.

Well, how else could it take it? I'm not a 'cheer leader' for DB (I don't know him and I don't agree with many his of views), but isn't starting a thread entitled 'David, ENOUGH ALREADY!' just a little bit antagonistic (not to mention rude)?

Personally, I like The Paracast. There are some topics and guests that don't particularly appeal or interest me, so I don't listen to them. But, I don't feel short-changed because *it didn't cost me anything*. How many shows have they done now? Over 50 two-hour shows? If you only enjoyed a single show out of all those then that's a good return - it didn't cost you a cent.

I don't agree with everything Gene and David say or do - but if I felt the need to offer *constructive criticism*, I hope I could go about it more diplomatic fashion than this thread...

I think criticism is to be prized, even that of SF, but when any side gets emotionally fired, it's a sure-fire sign that one's ego is fully engaged. Then we hear the "I'M RIGHT!" argument from both sides and discussion goes down the toilet. Political and religious discussions are made of ego-centric fodder.

On the days I am wise, I know war of any variety is our way of committing suicide, literally. We ignore the connection we have throughout the earth and cosmos and even continue to kill discussion for what will make us rise above our I'M RIGHT mentality. On my wise days, I think a better mentality might pose questions like, "What can we do to change things?"

On my not-wise days, I get all firey myself. Today ain't one of those, thank goodness.

Poi said:
On the days I am wise, I know war of any variety is our way of committing suicide, literally. We ignore the connection we have throughout the earth and cosmos and even continue to kill discussion for what will make us rise above our I'M RIGHT mentality. On my wise days, I think a better mentality might pose questions like, "What can we do to change things?"

Very beautiful, Poi.

Sometimes though, we want to vent the outrage. For me, David's long post was utter poetry--not so much an "I'm Right" as a cry from the soul for us to pay more attention to what our leaders are doing. Nothing is more serious than sending a country to war. And what could be more egregious than slaughtering hundreds of thousands, displacing millions, even killing and maiming many thousands of your own--just for oil or to win an election? We think we live in a democracy, but if you look closely, you'll notice all the Founding Fathers' tenets have and are being tampered with on a level never dared before.

The Paracast is the only show I've found where the hosts are well-informed, care completely about the subject matter, and yet dare to challenge it. If it crosses the line occasionally, well, no one's perfect.

DBTrek said:
valiens said:
As to it being a 'false debate' once again the math is easy. Finite resources exist within the borders. What happens to the resources when you shift a few million extra people within those borders?
The resources (human, wealth-creating) increase?

The point being that it's not just a childish matter of 'the math' but a question of advanced economics and sociology.

p.s. I'm re-registered under the same user id (I thought I'd just asked for a new password but hey ho) so ignore the 'first post'/Aug 2007 crap.

CapnG said:

Paranormal Packrat said:

Ah, you're from Canada, I forgot and thought UK. Maybe I got you confused with Rick. You probably hate that, and so would he I bet lol.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Ah, you're from Canada, I forgot and thought UK. Maybe I got you confused with Rick. You probably hate that, and so would he I bet lol.

Oh, I dunno - if I *had* to live in that part of the world I would probably choose Canada over the USA.

grannysmith said:
The resources (human, wealth-creating) increase?

Yep. When millions of dirt-poor people move in to an already crowded area, that area's 'wealth resources' increase. :rolleyes:

I want to be civil . . . I really do .. . but the sheer magnitude of 'dumb' that I'm confronted with tests my very limited patience. I read what you guys write and I'm left awestruck, wondering if any of you are familiar with US history, or are imbued with a shred of self-preservation.

If you want to believe that our rights are being trampled more now than ever before, go ahead . .. but it's not true. Read about this country sometime, and you'll find that it's been worse. Realize that people who are familiar with US history will write your opinions off as 'uninformed' (at best) when such ridiculous statements are made. Sedition laws anyone? Slavery? Internment camps? US tanks being rolled over protesting US veterans? Kent State? Hello? Anyone? Hello?

As for war being suicide . . . we've had war throughout our entire existence as a species, and we're still here. Welcome to Earth, where creatures murder eachother for a variety of reasons. This isn't an idealized world, or a world built on people's lofty concepts of how things should be, it's the real, gritty, in yo' face world where sheep are eaten by wolves. You can embrace it for what it is, or retreat into dreams of what you hope it will be . . . but to survive you have to deal with reality.

Then again . . . it occurs to me that I may be the fool here for preaching the virtues of embracing reality to members of a UFO/Paranormal forum. Yeah . . . I guess I should probably consider the source of the bizzarre, illogical, counter-intuitive statements before getting worked up over them.

Forget I said anything . . . now is the worst time ever, war is always wrong, and aliens abduct millions of people and probe their corn-holes to further their intergalactic rectal science. Why not? Some on pass me a glass of kooky, I want to join the party.

-DBTrek

Back