• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David, ENOUGH ALREADY!

Free episodes:

Rick Deckard said:
If you're gonna make stuff up like this, please give some indication that you're joking. Otherwise it could it be misconstrued as slander/libel.

Thanks.

Added ':p' to it. I was assuming the sarcasm was obvious but you know what they say about assuming.

no commercials? well then I am sure DB wouldnt mind financing the next few podcasts.

No problem. I just mailed out the checks. I'm sure my payments will reach you guys soon. In the meantime how about zero commercials and hotter guests.

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Rick Deckard said:
If you're gonna make stuff up like this, please give some indication that you're joking. Otherwise it could it be misconstrued as slander/libel.

Thanks.

Added ':p' to it. I was assuming the sarcasm was obvious but you know what they say about assuming.

I appreciate that. The problem with text as a form of communication is that every sentence looks like any other and context doesn't always give a clear indication of 'tone'. When this happens, distorted opinions are formed and reputations and relationships are damaged.

Perhaps, I just got out of the wrong side of bed today... :)

So the fascist scum who appear on Fox can spout whatever crap they want, and those of us who still have our souls can't express ourselves in the same way? I can't say what I want on my own show, the one that all of you listen to free of charge? I was "over the line" in referring to Reagan with something less the worship accorded to him by delusional Republicons? This man called his wife "mommy", and if you don't like it, blame someone else, NOT me, you couldn't MAKE this shit up. My father always said that this criminal would be cannonized one day, that his actions would be whitewashed by the powers that rewrite history, that he would be worshipped by the idiots who brought him to power, and as much as I miss my father every day, I'm glad he didn't live to see his dark assessment come true. It would have broken his rather large heart.

B U L L S H I T. Spending time in Buenos Aires the last couple of weeks has reminded me how Americans are seen in the rest of the world. I've had to explain the lack of intelligence, global awareness and indifference displayed by most American to more than a few concerned Argentinians, and let me tell tell you, it's been a sharp reminder of how much we've fallen in the eyes of the world. Those of you proudly lacking a passport, try getting one and spending some time somewhere other than the U.S., and perhaps you'll cut through your American Idol, corn syrup, beer and Prozak-induced haze and realize that, as far as much of the world is concerned, the U.S. is the Evil Empire to be fought and feared. You have a problem with my politics? Learn about depleted uranium munitions and understand why the war criminals pissing our money down a deep, dark hole have insured that security will be the last thing we'll ever have again. If politics seeps into the show, it's not intentional, it's a reaction - extreme, I admit - to the extreme situation that we find ourselves in. I lose sleep thinking about what is happening to my country, I am frightened by the effect our actions have on other people, other countries, and I'm passionate about my feelings. Having people be offended by those passions is something I've dealt with all my life, I don't know how to separate my politics from my life, I suppose it's a deep character flaw I'll have to learn to live with, and if it's any consolation to those of you who criticize me, it's always made my life more difficult. I'm sorry that these feelings sometimes bleed into the show, it's not like we rehearse what we're going to say, and my own self-filtering doesn't work so well (as is evident in this post).

I make fun of Stan Friedman? Perhaps I've gone a bit far lately, and for that I apologize, but whoever said that I spent "10 minutes" on trashing him can kiss my ass. I'll put a cap on Friedman comments for the time being, but if he doesn't want to come back on the show, it's his decision. It's not like we're going to have some exciting new revelations from him or any kind of new input. Stan has said everything he's ever going to say about the subject, and while much of his knowledge is valuable, it sheds no new light on the understanding of UFOs or any other paranormal topic.

Bottom line - you don't like the show, don't listen to it. Don't send us your subscription money. Go listen to the other offerings out there, it's not like we'll notice that you've gone. Freedom of speech is what this game is about, you don't like what we say, feel free to complain, and we'll feel free to agree with you, ignore you or tell you to shove it. That's how freedom works, regardless of what Bill O'Fuckly tells you. We don't owe you anything, any of you, and you don't owe us anything either. You want freedom? Learn what the word means, learn how to be selective and considerate, learn how to filter out the messages you don't like and deal with people who make statements that annoy you.

You want to lap up the poison and propaganda from Fox? Go ahead, but don't look surprised as your empire crumbles in a heap of debt, fear and deceit. Don't be shocked that some of us are deeply offended by the ignorance, smugness and bile displayed by the people behind that channel and the sheep that consume the shit it spews. You don't like it when I say that I despise those who would make war and take lives without a thought? Too fucking bad, I have a soul and a conscience, even if you don't, and if you can't handle that, it's your problem, not mine. Break away from that idiot box you call television, and feed your mind with some facts. You might be surprised that the world is a more complex place than you ever imagined.

David Biedny said:
I make fun of Stan Friedman? Perhaps I've gone a bit far lately, and for that I apologize, but whoever said that I spent "10 minutes" on trashing him can kiss my ass.

How about I don't and you bite me? Maybe you're listening to a different version of the show than what goes out on the web but here's what I've heard for the past several weeks: "I respect Stan Friendman and now I'll demonstrate that respect by mocking him and pissing on his theories! I'm a leo!(etc)".

I'm stunned someone as outspoken as you can't own up to this. Prefacing a derogatory remark with a flimsy compliment doesn't make it any less derogatory! And I'm not championing for Friedman either, if it were someone else it'd probably bug me too (well, okay not MH... or SDM... but they deserve whatever they get!).

You can't make grandious statements about how the paracast provides a venue for "serious discussion" and then keep drumming out this schtick week after week. It gets old.

David Biedny said:
Stan has said everything he's ever going to say about the subject, and while much of his knowledge is valuable, it sheds no new light on the understanding of UFOs or any other paranormal topic.

Which was exactly my original point; we know this, you've said this many, many times on the show. Time to move on!

Wow, serious rant Dave..

You guys might want to take out the "We love to get listener feedback" clip from each show.

So essentially when people give feedback to the show you don't want to hear, your response is "kiss my ass!" "It's MY show!" "Don't listen if you don't want!" Up until this point the discussion had been civil and restrained. It's not as if anyone had come out and attacked you personally (unlike your own comments on the show). People here were discussing the show, and what they did and did not like about it. That post took this thread to a mean and nasty place.

At least the Friedman stuff is at least on topic. Which is all I ever asked for in the first place.

PS: I just made a 50 dollar donation becuase I'm willing to overlook the politics and put my money where my mouth is. I care about the quality and content of the show as I'm sure we all do. Most of us are here becuase be want to listen to a great show about the paranormal. The "fuck you" attitude to everyone who has comments/criticism is not helpful to anyone.

DamnDirtyApe said:
Wow, serious Dave..

You guys might want to take out the "We love to get listener feedback" clip from each show.

They will. All those clips and comercials are being removed so more hotties can be squeezed in.

-DBTrek

Speak your mind, David, and never back down!

I can just see it in your words just how upset you are. I understand. I feel the same way. I might not agree with everything you say but I respect the fact that you do not hold back. So many people are phony that it disgusts me to even listen to them. It’s refreshing to hear a man that has his convictions.

Let me reply a bit to FOX NEWS. FOX NEWS = CIA. Just so people understand that. It’s beyond yellow journalism at this point. The mainstream media is now the 4th branch. They do not speak their own views. They are paid for their criminal activities. Let me tell you a little about Bill O’Reilly. Years before being a lying degenerate he use to spend a lot of time speaking about “conspiracy theories” about JFK. He did several shows on this on Inside Report on JFK how it was a conspiracy. Now he talks to people like they are traitors who question anything about the government. Also, take one of his cohorts, Michelle Malkin. She now writes books how Americans who question 9/11 should be in concentration camps, yet in 2002 writes from the Jewish World Review how 9/11 was an inside job. She is a F’N cun(you get the point of the word I want to use). This is who FOX is.

I’m mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore. RIP Peter Finch. Howard Beale had it right. The time for being calm and friendly is over. DU is killing not only innocent people in the middle east , but our own soldiers. I’m not going to go back to sleep. I’m awake more then I ever am and I am aware of the crimes that have been done by/to my country and I stand to defend this country. Many of you should be as angry as David to be honest. If you are not mad, you are not paying attention.

David Biedny said:
I make fun of Stan Friedman? Perhaps I've gone a bit far lately, and for that I apologize, but whoever said that I spent "10 minutes" on trashing him can kiss my ass. I'll put a cap on Friedman comments for the time being, but if he doesn't want to come back on the show, it's his decision. It's not like we're going to have some exciting new revelations from him or any kind of new input. Stan has said everything he's ever going to say about the subject, and while much of his knowledge is valuable, it sheds no new light on the understanding of UFOs or any other paranormal topic.

Wow, tell how you really feel about us mate!!!

David thanks for at least recognizing the gist of this thread in the first place. I think that you'll find that the majority of posts about this subject actually support you and your views it's just that mocking Stanton is unnecessary and it demeans you. I would've preferred to hear you or Gene take him to task on the show rather than in the weeks after. I don't know why you guys have stopped doing that ( i may have missed the reasons for that somewhere along the line) but i found it refreshing to hear some of these lunatics taken to task for their ramblings.(not meaning Stanton falls into that catagory!!)
I actually agree whole heartedly with your views of Stanton Friedman and your political comments but i think your knee jerk reaction to some of the criticism was a bit over the top.

David, keep up the good work. Keep on "sticking it up" the lunatics and
wankers who sometimes appear on the show.

You are at least one American who is a great ambassador to his country and well respected by those in the international community!!!

cottonzway said:
The mainstream media is now the 4th branch.

Technically 5th branch since Cheney declared his office a branch unto itself, no?

cottonzway said:
I’m mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore. RIP Peter Finch. Howard Beale had it right.

Just remember what happened to Beale in the end. Lessons to be learned.

CapnG said:
cottonzway said:
I’m mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore. RIP Peter Finch. Howard Beale had it right.

Well I don't plan of dying of a heart attack being under 30, but if that is what it takes....

Point is this is bigger and more imporant then me.

cottonzway said:
CapnG said:
cottonzway said:

Well I don't plan of dying of a heart attack being under 30, but if that is what it takes....

Point is this is bigger and more imporant then me.

Of course, we might also blame Ted Turner and CNN for first showing that news could be profitable. Fox News just does it right of center to achieve the same result. But they'd probably go the other way if there was money in it for ole Rupert.

I don't get what the problem with making fun of Stan Friedman is. Ufology needs to take the stick out of its ass and have a good laugh at its own expense every now and again. It's not like Biendey hates the guy or doesn't like his work so what's the problem?

And as for keeping the thread civil, politically speaking, I think we've been civil long enough. There should be fucking riots in the streets over the shit that's happened in America at least since Shrub took over--arguably since Reagan. Yes, including Clinton.

I know the middle-of-the-road liberal role is to pretend that neo-cons represent another viewpoint different than but equal to any other, but let's get real. We've got arguably-book-smart/spiritually & emotionally retarded fundamentalist Christian white-male-centric human beings on one side and pussies on the other. That's it. That's what represents America. People who stand by their convictions with the ignorant certainty of Jerry Springer guests and people who are afraid to say that because they want to appear inclusive.

Are we sick of playing it safe yet? Are we sick of being the rabble who have to discuss or argue or debate within a certain frame and to step out of that frame is to be considered radical or an asshole?

The liberal fallacy is that if they just teach the "other side" the truth about how their leaders invent policies that are against their best interest--if they can just show them that--those people will see the light. It's a fallacy because it presupposes that the "other side" gives a shit. Most of us don't want to be taught because we already know. We have our certainty and that's far more comforting than truth and facts. I'd argue that most of us wouldn't mind being slaves just as long as we KNOW WITH CERTAINTY. (Say, wasn't that the role of the Bible in Southern slavery, actually? But I digress....)

And blah-blah-blah, you know the rest. Caring about stuff is old hat. Bring on the global killing spree!

Time to break out the word WHATEVER and move on to the next bit of entertainment. I'm sure THAT won't come back to haunt us.

Angry lefties don't seem to realize they're just as stupid, annoying, and crazy as angry righties.
Blah, blah, revolution, you guys aren't gonna do crap so just be quiet already.

Someone had to say it.

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Angry lefties don't seem to realize they're just as stupid, annoying, and crazy as angry righties.
Blah, blah, revolution, you guys aren't gonna do crap so just be quiet already.

Someone had to say it.

-DBTrek

I'll give you everything but "stupid.":)

Oh no, sir, they're just as stupid. Some examples:

1. The government is an evil, murderous, police state! Now let's give all our guns to them!
2. Raise minimum wage, give everyone free healthcare, and shut down WalMart! (Because money apparently just exists in some limitless pool that 'righty' is hiding from everyone).
3. Suggesting that millions of people illegally crossing the borders brings the quality of life down for the millions already living here (limited resources anyone?) is racism!

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

So day in and day out we get to hear this group of people complain about republicans the way muslims complain about Israel. Same blind hatred, same ridiculous accusations, same scapegoating for every problem that exists on Earth.

. . . on the other side we have Limbaugh, Mike Savage, Sean Hannity, and the rest of that crowd doing the same thing to the left.

BOOOOOOOOOOORING. I vote people pull themselves together and stop renting their mind space to political idealogues. When you open your mouth and let loose an angry rant filled with the same tired political talking points of one party or another you look like a tool.

-DBTrek

1. The government is an evil, murderous, police state! Now let's give all our guns to them!

--Really? Because our guns are what's keeping the military complex off of our streets? I think your math is wrong on this one because they are two separate issues.

2. Raise minimum wage, give everyone free healthcare, and shut down WalMart! (Because money apparently just exists in some limitless pool that 'righty' is hiding from everyone).

--Yes. That pool is called "defense spending." The biggest lie in modern American history is that we cannot fund health care, schools, social programs, etc., etc. Just complete BS. What is it, one half of one percent of our military budget could take care of most of these things? Gosh, imagine what two percent could do!

3. Suggesting that millions of people illegally crossing the borders brings the quality of life down for the millions already living here (limited resources anyone?) is racism!

--I come from a different point of view on this altogether, which is that the issue is invented by corporations who want to pass border laws that are the opposite of what they say they are the way Bush likes to do. For instance the Clean Air Act that is actually a permission to dump more pollution into the air. Really my money is on this being a false debate.

So day in and day out we get to hear this group of people complain about republicans the way muslims complain about Israel. Same blind hatred, same ridiculous accusations, same scapegoating for every problem that exists on Earth.

--Day in/day out where? On the corporate-owned conservative news? On Fox noise? Sorry but calling criminals criminals isn't scapegoating.

BOOOOOOOOOOORING. I vote people pull themselves together and stop renting their mind space to political idealogues. When you open your mouth and let loose an angry rant filled with the same tired political talking points of one party or another you look like a tool.

--Agreed. But having no position makes you a sheep. I don't know that I'm liberal except by default of not wanting criminals to get away with criminal acts. Is it my fault the worst offenders fall to the right of the spectrum? Hey, I think Clinton is a war criminal and a sellout. But after Bush II: Electric Bugaloo, Clinton looks like Lincoln.

First off, well said David!

I've said it in another thread, but The Paracast is Gene & David's show and they can say what they want. We might not like it, but that's what the fast forward button is for. I don't agree with some of the comments that have been made about Coast to Coast, but there are bigger issues here.

To me this show represents some real progress in the paranormal field. Hearing the Roswell Incident recounted for the billionth time doesn't interest me; a critical debate of the evidence and some progress towards knowledge does.

As far as the politics go, "If you’re not mad, you’re not paying attention" pretty much sums it up for both sides these days. Left or right, red or blue our country as a whole is not what it was and is far from where it could be. This polarization is splitting us apart and it's effects are trickling down and will probably reverberate for a long time. Everyone's looking in opposite directions and no one's really paying attention to what's really happening. Issues get dissolved into the tiniest of sound bites for candidates to tiptoe around. On both sides the media demonizes their opposition and real facts or truths are left to drown in flood of bullshit. We've got half the world trying to get some food and dodge bombs at the same time; the other half can't wait to refill their jumbo mochas and chat online about how many million dollars their favorite movie made over the weekend.

Admittedly I'm a generalist, but I believe this socio-political mindset coupled with our species' omnipresent vanity is a big frustrating roadblock to any real progress towards gaining some understanding about the phenomena discussed here. Greed and pride have eclipsed wisdom and curiosity.

"Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being."
-George Carlin

Far too many think we're the pinnacle of human achievement and that we know all there is to know, but we're going down a long funnel towards something that isn't looking too good.

The liberal fallacy is that if they just teach the "other side" the truth about how their leaders invent policies that are against their best interest--if they can just show them that--those people will see the light. It's a fallacy because it presupposes that the "other side" gives a shit. Most of us don't want to be taught because we already know. We have our certainty and that's far more comforting than truth and facts. I'd argue that most of us wouldn't mind being slaves just as long as we KNOW WITH CERTAINTY. (Say, wasn't that the role of the Bible in Southern slavery, actually? But I digress....)

"Valiens," I agree; there are a lot of people out there that are perfectly content with their blinders on and would probably hold onto them for dear life if you offered to pull them off. However, as a fan of this show, I for one would like to try to know what the hell is really going here before my ride's over.

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."
-Bill Hicks

Rant over.

-todd.

"If our faith were invested in lies and delusions, how would we know?”

valiens said:
--Really? Because our guns are what's keeping the military complex off of our streets? I think your math is wrong on this one because they are two separate issues.

If your idea of gun ownership married to the idea of keeping the 'military complex off our streets' I'd suggest that you're taking a narrow, uniformed view of the issue as a whole.

--Yes. That pool is called "defense spending." The biggest lie in modern American history is that we cannot fund health care, schools, social programs, etc., etc. Just complete BS. What is it, one half of one percent of our military budget could take care of most of these things? Gosh, imagine what two percent could do!

Those numbers sound like you made them up on the fly. Regardless, unless you're willing to introduce Chinese-style restrictions on birth rates you're going to see health care costs continue to increase with every new birth under socialized medicine. That's simple math, something I don't expect ideologues to grasp.

More babies = more people needing healthcare. I can't see the justification in taking from everyone else because someone, somewhere, has decided to have another child they can't cover the medical costs for. I'm all in favor of bringing the insanely high costs down so that average families don't bankrupt themselves paying medical bills, I'm not in favor of being forced to pay for everybody's personal health issues.

--I come from a different point of view on this altogether, which is that the issue is invented by corporations who want to pass border laws that are the opposite of what they say they are the way Bush likes to do. For instance the Clean Air Act that is actually a permission to dump more pollution into the air. Really my money is on this being a false debate.

The first part of your statement makes no sense to me. As to it being a 'false debate' once again the math is easy. Finite resources exist within the borders. What happens to the resources when you shift a few million extra people within those borders? Race has nothing to do with it, just simple math.

--Day in/day out where? On the corporate-owned conservative news? On Fox noise?

You don't have to watch FOX News. It's one of hundreds of TV stations. I'm sorry it's difficult for you to tolerate anyone viewing issues differently that you do. It seems to be a problem you and David both have. Maybe you can get Hugo Chavez to come up here and silence all the media critical of your point of view. :p

--Agreed. But having no position makes you a sheep.

I don't think refusing to be one more dancing clown in the idiot circus makes one a 'sheep'. I have positions, I just don't have a moronic jihadist mentality about them. I know, very unfashionable of me in this day and age.

-DBTrek

You know what's funny? When this crazy energy stuff first began in me--let's call it an enlightenment process for lack of a better term--I gave up politics. I just didn't find anything relevant in this stuff because something so beyond all of this was overshadowing it, making it look and feel trivial.

Then Bush stole an election and a friend called me up and wanted me to help him with a political TV show taking on the criminals. I wasn't interested but he kept pestering me so I slowly got back into it and now I'm torn. Did I commit some ultimate sin of seeing past all this and allowing myself to get tethered back in it anyway? Or is it important to stay grounded in normal, day-to-day human causes or else ye become a New Age flake?

All I know is that after the elections and then 9/11 I can't help but give a shit about this thing called justice even having seen well beyond the entire human mess. So I'm in the same boat: I want to know what the hell is going on before the boat ride's over. And in the process of studying it, taking it in, it's not exactly picking a side or "being a lefty" when you see that actually, factually, the biggest, most audacious criminals in power today are the Bush/Cheney clan.

Back