• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Custom Titles?

Muadib

Paranormal Adept
Is there any way to change your title? I looked through all the preferences to try and change mine but I can't seem to figure out how. I may have missed something because I see people with custom titles, is this an old feature that is now gone or do you have to get a certain number of posts or something? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for the response Stoney, I haven't been able to figure out how to do it myself either. I'd appreciate it if a mod could clear this up for us.

If I recall correctly, it's something you have to do at the time you set up your account. Otherwise if someone knows how to handle the database, it could probably be changed there manually. You might be able to create a new account and copy over all your posts and delete your old ones manually ... then request that your old account be deleted. But that could be a lot of work.

If I recall correctly, it's something you have to do at the time you set up your account. Otherwise if someone knows how to handle the database, it could probably be changed there manually. You might be able to create a new account and copy over all your posts and delete your old ones manually ... then request that your old account be deleted. But that could be a lot of work.

Thanks for the response, I don't remember the option being there when I set up my account but I may have overlooked it. If it requires all the work you described I think I'd rather just deal with the default title. Still, I'd like an actual moderator to tell me whether it can be changed now or if it had to be done at account creation.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help here but I do know the option was readily available on the "old" site and I did mine pretty early, I had only 30-50 posts at the time so itdon't think it had anything to do with trophy points.

I thought I'd done it once but can't remember how. I don't want to be a paranormal adept any more. :( .

Gene, thoughts?

Yeah I don't want to be a paranormal adept anymore either lol. You're a mod though and if you can't figure it out I'm guessing that it was a feature that was removed when they updated to the newer format. I'm interested in hearing what Gene has to say on it though.

...You're a mod though and if you can't figure it out I'm guessing that it was a feature that was removed when they updated to the newer format..

I'm not a moderator. Where'd you get that, Muadib? They don't trust me with that kind of responsibility! LOL. And I don't blame them!

There appears to be no way to change titles. I don't know how I got "Skilled Investigator" because I would never have chosen that for myself. It's just not true. I think it was randomly assigned to me when I signed up because maybe I didn't chose a title since none of them fit.

Hey, whoever is in charge of titles in the database, that feature sucks. Please fix it.

Thanks.

There appears to be no way to change titles. I don't know how I got "Skilled Investigator" because I would never have chosen that for myself. It's just not true. I think it was randomly assigned to me when I signed up because maybe I didn't chose a title since none of them fit.

Hey, whoever is in charge of titles in the database, that feature sucks. Please fix it.

Thanks.

I think PurrlGurrl's tag needs changed from Skilled Investigator to Creeper Troll.

Sticks and stone . . . etc. Grow up, Jeff.

Hey ... try not to let that crack bother you. It's not normal around here. We've just had some bad experiences lately with trolls and hackers and Jeff was probably just testing to see if you were the same one back again under yet another name.

Ouija mouse pads must be operated by two people.

One of the best titles is already taken--aka Adam Gorightly "The Wrong Reverend Houdini Kundalini of the Church of Unwavering Indifference" .

Back