• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Crop Circle which blows the debate wide open

crop-circle-8.jpg

crop-circle-2.jpg

crop-circle-3.jpg

It could be, methshin. It's possible. I guess my overall issue is the same as a lot of people here who point out, quite rightly, that we have to be careful about being anthropomorphic or ethnocentric when we speculate on motivations and intentions of 'others'. If any of us were to take a field trip to the Central New Guinea Highlands, pick out a tribe, and speak English to the inhabitants, then report back they were too stupid to understand us, we'd be raked over the coals and pilloried.

In the same way, IF whoever makes these things IS trying to communicate, then they're failing. It's not working because, as a whole, we're not getting it. I realize some people THINK they know, but there is certainly no agreement.

Of course, my own statement is ethnocentric, too. I'm assuming 'they' are attempting to communcate with 'us.' Maybe they're communicating with birds, successfully, and we just don't realize it. :)

It could be, methshin. It's possible. I guess my overall issue is the same as a lot of people here who point out, quite rightly, that we have to be careful about being anthropomorphic or ethnocentric when we speculate on motivations and intentions of 'others'. If any of us were to take a field trip to the Central New Guinea Highlands, pick out a tribe, and speak English to the inhabitants, then report back they were too stupid to understand us, we'd be raked over the coals and pilloried.

In the same way, IF whoever makes these things IS trying to communicate, then they're failing. It's not working because, as a whole, we're not getting it. I realize some people THINK they know, but there is certainly no agreement.

Of course, my own statement is ethnocentric, too. I'm assuming 'they' are attempting to communcate with 'us.' Maybe they're communicating with birds, successfully, and we just don't realize it. :)

you may be right. who are we to think "they" want to communicate with us?! we are f#@ked up as a species.. birds or insects are probably safer to communicate with.

yes, yes, we are aware that there are people that do this too.

Only people are doing this.

P.S. Crop circles were started in the UK by two pranksters, basing their idea on the Australia Saucer Nest story of 1966.

Also explain this:

Crop circle started with simple circles and gradually, with practice, progressed to more complex geometric shapes.

Why? Were Aliens not able to make complex crop circles in the 1970?

Yup, those perfectly rendered mandelbrot sets were created by two old geezers and a two by four in the dead of night with a flashlight. Makes perfect sense to me.

Imho, crop circles really 'undermine' the 'ETH' somewhat.Some of the early, rather simple shapes, sure were made by humans.What about the last 5 year 'seasons' ? They got more 'complicated' or 'intricate', didn't they ?
This whole 'different dimension ''crap'' ' makes more sense then 60 english farmers with boards and hayforks.

The link ddd provided is worth a look. I'm a little dubious of the claim that 100% of circles fall into this category, but may be. I also question the time element. Just because someone claims they have done something doesn't mean they did. I know for a fact that certain well known UFOs are complete fakes done by humans with an attempt to deceive. Does that mean ALL UFOs are fake?

I would like to see these guys, under controlled and overt conditions, and even with the benefit of daylight being given to them, to perform a complex circle from start to finish with the cameras rolling, before and after shots, the whole nine yards. I'd also like to see what arrangements they have made with the owners of the fields, the farmers, whose crops they have destroyed for the sake of their art. I would think they would be liable for any economic loss suffered by the growers.

i love the crop circles. i just do not see the alien connection. why would they try to communicate with a crop circle? :confused:

Why not? Maybe they see us as primitive. Seti tries to communicate with radio waves which might be too primitive for the aliens to even notice? However, I am not convinced that this is not man made.

To all: if it is so spectacular and improbable, surely some trained scientists would want to examine it, no?
Peace,
B

So I figured out what this latest formation is all about...

Its a sign that we humans should all be eating more ........

Mini Wheats!

FrostedMiniWheats_Cereal.jpg
woven%20crops.jpg

(without the frosting)

I like the frosted side. Funny, this whole time I thought the pattern was closely related to diamond shreddies.

The link ddd provided is worth a look. I'm a little dubious of the claim that 100% of circles fall into this category, but may be. I also question the time element. Just because someone claims they have done something doesn't mean they did. I know for a fact that certain well known UFOs are complete fakes done by humans with an attempt to deceive. Does that mean ALL UFOs are fake?

I would like to see these guys, under controlled and overt conditions, and even with the benefit of daylight being given to them, to perform a complex circle from start to finish with the cameras rolling, before and after shots, the whole nine yards. I'd also like to see what arrangements they have made with the owners of the fields, the farmers, whose crops they have destroyed for the sake of their art. I would think they would be liable for any economic loss suffered by the growers.

I agree. A controlled environment with strict protocols. Including intricate weaving effects and chemical deformation of the crops.

Certainly many are made by the circle makers however questions remain.

Communication hardly seems a likely explanation for crap circles, unless the intelligence attempting to communicate has the IQ of a bright four year old and cannot read, write, speak or have developed some form of hive exchange of information, like telepathy or olfactory signing and body movements. The last method suits the simple needs of lower orders of life, such as bees and ants, but would hardly be suitable for creating a highly technologically advanced society.
If the mystery of crap circles is ever demonstrated to be more than the product of humans with too much time on their hands and not enough sense to contribute something of value to the world, I suspect the explanation may be just another example of the "comic jester" having some fun at our expense. Yet again.
I really wish whoever or whatever agency that thinks this sort of thing is funny would knock it off. The joke was wearing thin four thousand years ago. It's a pity someone can't fetch it a hard punch in the face and let it see how amusing that is. I'll gladly volunteer for the job.

Communication hardly seems a likely explanation for crap circles, unless the intelligence attempting to communicate has the IQ of a bright four year old and cannot read, write, speak or have developed some form of hive exchange of information, like telepathy or olfactory signing and body movements.
I don't have kids, but if my 4 year-old gathered up some friends and went and made a crop-circle, I'd buy the little imp a candy-bar. I don't think I ever did better than catching a shed on fire at that age. I probably had made a crap-circle or two by then.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back