• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Crop Circle which blows the debate wide open

Looks like a partial basketweave, a particular weave in needlepoint. But it's interrupted with another weave.

I agree that it is spectacular, but why do experts say it can't be manmade? Sure it would take a signifcantly larger work force, but it is not outside the realm of possibility.

I agree that it is spectacular, but why do experts say it can't be manmade? Sure it would take a signifcantly larger work force, but it is not outside the realm of possibility.

Very true. Some achievement if it is - definately marks a step up in crop circle making, whoever the crop circle makers are

Here's what we need:

The CCO, the Crop Circle Observer. A sattelite that focuses it's "eye" on England for a few months a year. Then see what happens. Until then someone needs to write a nice persuasive letter to NASA to allow some time to focus the Earth Observatory on that little piece of Earth.

Perhaps this is just the Circle makers attempting to "one up" each other. They are pretty good you know. And once they get one technique down, maybe it's time to move on to better things.

i love the crop circles. i just do not see the alien connection. why would they try to communicate with a crop circle? :confused:

i love the crop circles. i just do not see the alien connection. why would they try to communicate with a crop circle? :confused:

I have always found the crop circle phenonema very interesting. There obviously have been manmade crop circles, but some are just amazingly intricate that it seems impossible that they were made by anyone in just one night. About the alien connection: who knows? Equally, who knows how aliens would like to communicate with us? How do we communicate with animals on our own planet, who come from the same evolutionary stock as we do? The universe is not just a big place, it is also a mysterious place.

Having said that, I am by no means advocating any sort of alien hand in this phenonemon, Jungian synchronicity may be an avenue to investigate, or a team of circle makers. All I know is that they are fascinating, either way.

I have always found the crop circle phenonema very interesting. There obviously have been manmade crop circles, but some are just amazingly intricate that it seems impossible that they were made by anyone in just one night. About the alien connection: who knows? Equally, who knows how aliens would like to communicate with us? How do we communicate with animals on our own planet, who come from the same evolutionary stock as we do? The universe is not just a big place, it is also a mysterious place

good point about how they would like to communicate. then why not make pictures in snow or sand or solid rock, etc etc? why some media that will be destroyed soon?

good point about how they would like to communicate. then why not make pictures in snow or sand or solid rock, etc etc? why some media that will be destroyed soon?

I don't know! But I'm going to try to answer this one, for the hell of it;)

They communicate with us in fields which are being farmed. Farming was our last major advance, in terms of making it possible for large populations being sustained, and thus for the emergence of cities and trade and far-reaching culture. Perhaps communicating with aliens is really REALLY difficult, both ways, so they try to be as metaphorical as possible. Metaphors, "like" or "as", are a sure sign of intelligence, and the ability to understand a metaphor is likewise. So perhaps, in doing it in crops, they are basically saying "we are intelligent too, and have culture like you". I know this sounds really wishy washy, but perhaps it is really that hard to get your point across to other spiecies. Now, in terms of the media they use, we can record these pictograms; we have cameras. All they would have to do is realise this point.

Let me just point out, this is a thought experiment, and I am not advocating this at all. It's just a possible answer to your question

I don't know! But I'm going to try to answer this one, for the hell of it;)

They communicate with us in fields which are being farmed. Farming was our last major advance, in terms of making it possible for large populations being sustained, and thus for the emergence of cities and trade and far-reaching culture. Perhaps communicating with aliens is really REALLY difficult, both ways, so they try to be as metaphorical as possible. Metaphors, "like" or "as", are a sure sign of intelligence, and the ability to understand a metaphor is likewise. So perhaps, in doing it in crops, they are basically saying "we are intelligent too, and have culture like you". I know this sounds really wishy washy, but perhaps it is really that hard to get your point across to other spiecies. Now, in terms of the media they use, we can record these pictograms; we have cameras. All they would have to do is realise this point.

Let me just point out, this is a thought experiment, and I am not advocating this at all. It's just a possible answer to your question

good thought process. thanks.

I think studying the motivations of whatever group, assuming humans are making these things, is almost as interesting as trying to decode the messages from the aliens that some think these things are.
The level of organization necessary to do this without being detected is impressive.
Or maybe it's just the space-people drawing doodles to pass the time.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I think studying the motivations of whatever group, assuming humans are making these things, is almost as interesting as trying to decode the messages from the aliens that some think these things are.
The level of organization necessary to do this without being detected is impressive.
Or maybe it's just the space-people drawing doodles to pass the time.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I agree. These people must be super organised. I might have to hire them to do my accounting. Sure as hell beats the monkeys doing it now.

Just a thought, maybe the message is meant to be interpreted immediatly, and after a short period, it becomes irrelevant, thus, putting in the crop allows for the message to be seen and a week later, it's gone.

Kinda like this tape will self destruct in 5 seconds type of thing.

Just a thought, maybe the message is meant to be interpreted immediatly, and after a short period, it becomes irrelevant, thus, putting in the crop allows for the message to be seen and a week later, it's gone.

Kinda like this tape will self destruct in 5 seconds type of thing.

Or like a continuous piece of dialogue, a conversation, in which each consecutive crop circle is another word in a long conversation. Perhaps....

Whoever is doing it, human, demon, alien, or earth itself, if it is an attempt at communication, is not doing very well. Other than a few crackpot theories of 'what the symbology really means' we have zero concrete evidence that they are anything but a work of art with no story to tell. Nice looking pictures. Cool Mandelbrot sets. Thanks. They make for great coffee table books. Next time compensate the farmer for the destruction of his crop.

Whoever is doing it, human, demon, alien, or earth itself, if it is an attempt at communication, is not doing very well. Other than a few crackpot theories of 'what the symbology really means' we have zero concrete evidence that they are anything but a work of art with no story to tell. Nice looking pictures. Cool Mandelbrot sets. Thanks. They make for great coffee table books. Next time compensate the farmer for the destruction of his crop.

I agree, this communication stuff is just crap. Any super intelligent species could simply broadcast their message in all languages over all the spectrum, audio, visual, and to mobile devices, the internet, et al. It is ridiculous to think that this is a form of communication. What, like some cosmic game like the old Concentration game show? Gimme a break.

I agree, this communication stuff is just crap. Any super intelligent species could simply broadcast their message in all languages over all the spectrum, audio, visual, and to mobile devices, the internet, et al. It is ridiculous to think that this is a form of communication. What, like some cosmic game like the old Concentration game show? Gimme a break.

Obviously there are other ways of communicating, ones we may find much more convenient and logical, but I don't entirely discredit the communication theory right away. We don't know with absolute certainty who/what is making these things or why, but could say that any form of visual imagery, especially the more creative and intricate ones, are some form of communication or statement in itself.

For all we know (and I know this is loopy, but hear me out) there is a species that communicates through symbols and imagery rather than text, and opposed to sentences, they have images that encompass the entire train of thought. Similar to some of the East Asian languages are or maybe even more similar to heiroglyphics.

Now I'm not saying that it is definatly communication, but I do think it is a option that should at least be considered. The evidence doesn't lend any credence to either side of the arguement when you take the obvious man made circles out of the equation.

Like with any aspect of the paranormal these days, answers are hard to come by.

Back