• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

'Creepy gnome' terrorises town

icculus

Paranormal Maven
A TOWN in South America is living in fear after several sightings of a 'creepy gnome' that locals claim stalks the streets at night.

The midget - which wears a pointy hat and has a distinctive sideways walk - was caught on video last week by a terrified group of youngsters

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article902014.ece

(edit) forgot to mention there is video :)
Discuss...

Its a machine elf..... but seriously folks; the scream at the end of the video was a bit un-nerving. Pity I can't speak the lingo in the video.

David Biedny said:
It's in the Sun, so it's crap, obviously.

I don't know of the Sun in the UK... do they have a bad reputation?

icculus said:
A TOWN in South America is living in fear after several sightings of a 'creepy gnome' that locals claim stalks the streets at night.

The midget - which wears a pointy hat and has a distinctive sideways walk - was caught on video last week by a terrified group of youngsters

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article902014.ece

(edit) forgot to mention there is video :)
Discuss...

Sorry, but I laughed out loud at work when I read the subject of this thread. The lads at the Sun have really outdone themselves.

And now everyone's looking at me. "That crazy UFO guy is reading that one Parasailing sight again."

Yes, my wife and I laughed out loud to this as well. I wanted to see what people in the forum said about this one. haha.

I sorta want to take the video frames, cue them up to some music and make a fansite for this gnome, maybe paying homage to the hamster dance of yesteryear.

why are they living in fear, why doesnt someone just tackle the bugger and sell him to a circus

wonder what it would taste like .............

nightlark said:
Its a machine elf..... but seriously folks; the scream at the end of the video was a bit un-nerving. Pity I can't speak the lingo in the video.

David Biedny said:
It's in the Sun, so it's crap, obviously.

I don't know of the Sun in the UK... do they have a bad reputation?

The Sun is one of, if not the most, vile tabloids in the UK. It is totally lowest common denominator ... and has ... would you believe this ... since I grew up with this, and I still can't quite believe it myself :D ... topless female models on 'Page 3' ... yep ... right under the cover ... totally topless :D.

Damn ... think I may have just pushed up the American subscriptions to it now ... damn. Oh, and I think its owned by Rupert Murdoch too ... so put that in your pipe and smoke it ... if you dare :D

If you want to read more about the Sun ... wikipedia has this on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sun

Read it and weep copiously :eek:

p.s. i didn't find the dwarf elf small person gnome thing that scary ... I would have probably looked on it a bit puzzled really. Maybe South Americans are more easily spooked than us stiff upper lip Brits :D

p.p.s now if the gnome creature was cackling maniacally now that would have been scary :eek:

LOL well both the videos scared the hell outta me but i think its just cause of the screams haha... the first video looked alot more cool thought thats for sure. South Americans must be easily freaked out cause I probably woulda been like "wtf" haha and stepped up to it. Now if i woulda heard if make a noise like laugh or something then i probably woulda ran haha.

no bullsh*t... it took my awhile to get to sleep last night cause all i thought about was the damn gnome and its eerie lil' dance it does... LOL thanks a lot i hope it doesn't creep into my imagination from now on when im in the dark trying to sleep haha.

banning said:
no bullsh*t... it took my awhile to get to sleep last night cause all i thought about was the damn gnome and its eerie lil' dance it does... LOL thanks a lot i hope it doesn't creep into my imagination from now on when im in the dark trying to sleep haha.

Really? Funny, I have nightmares about school, and G Bush. They're more real than shadow smurfs. Out of all the things to be scared of, these vids shouldn't be one of them. Turn on the news, there's something scary.

LOL well if there is only ONE of them you could squish it... BUT what if it reproduces like a gremlin... how are you ever gonna take out a 100 of 'em at once? LOL :p

banning said:
LOL well if there is only ONE of them you could squish it... BUT what if it reproduces like a gremlin... how are you ever gonna take out a 100 of 'em at once? LOL :p

ok...i'm putting the shovel beside my bed! hehe

haha just make sure than one gnome doesn't eat after midnight and maybe we'll be safe... unless he's all ready eatin after midnight and thats why he's so creepy!!.... in which case make sure the f^cker doesn't get wet... i've seen what happens when those damn things start taking over. CHOAS!!! and death.

banning said:
haha just make sure than one gnome doesn't eat after midnight and maybe we'll be safe... unless he's all ready eatin after midnight and thats why he's so creepy!!.... in which case make sure the f^cker doesn't get wet... i've seen what happens when those damn things start taking over. CHOAS!!! and death.

yes, but also hilarity....

Back