• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Crab Canyon, Honduras

Vimana

Paranormal Maven
I've seen some weird stuff in my life, likely because I learned very early that things are not what they seem. I'm also an artist by trade so I am aware of the rendering engine between my ears.

Most of these experiences are unreleated, and i dont think of myself as an abductee, contactee, or anything like that. I often wrestle with the notion of Tulpas and the power of imagination. I think I know what Vallee meant when he talked about the Imaginal Realm.

This occurred in the summer of 1982. I was in Honduras with my friend who was born there. We were in our late teens. We hiked into La Tigra cloud forest, near an area my friend knew of natural waterslides and slots that he called 'crab canyon'. I think that was the name his family gave the area and not an official one. The title refers to a species of land crab that live up there in the cloud forest.

We were climbing around when I spotted a very strange thing on the other side of the canyon cliff. There, as clear as anything I've seen, standing in a beam of sunlight, was a huge snow white unicorn.

It was less than 20 yards away, and it was a flesh and blood white horse with a single horn sticking out of its forehead.

Unbelievable? Absolutely. But my friend saw it too, and was as freaked as I was. We stared at it carefully, (no cell phone back then and we had no cameras. We were swimming the canyons for the most part.)

I do not believe in Unicorns, and am not familiar with cryptids that would explain the sighting. I am still friends with this co-witness and we occasionally bring this up over a brew or two.

Decades later, it remains so strange that I often wonder if it could be what some describe as a screen memory. From what I understand, some encounters contain a screen image of a large eyed, pale animal like a deer or owl.

A real head scratcher, as Mr. O'Brien would say.

It's possible that all of us see things that can't possibly be real but we somehow rationalize it or even forget about it.The "entity" Chris calls the Trickster I've always called the Cosmic Joker and I believe it does interact with most if not all of us at one time or another.

I like your viewpoint. This is not the only encounter with the Trickster I have had. I seem to connect with Raven and Coyote quite a bit.

I like your viewpoint. This is not the only encounter with the Trickster I have had. I seem to connect with Raven and Coyote quite a bit.
It was more frequent in my teens and early twenties,growing up in a North England industrial town I sighted foxes a lot more than would be expected.Usually when alone and in a reflective state.

I encountered a strange fox this year in the rocky mountains. All wild animal encounters are memorable but this one was special. It joined me in the moonlight and sat with me for over an hour as I watched the sky. It followed me back to camp and met my friends. I couldn't see it clearly til we got to the fire, it was small and solid black. Never seen a black one before. My buddies laughed that he followed me back through the woods. I love critters.

When I was young, 5-7 years, I used to run away from home and into the deep woods of North Carolina behind my house. My folks were not amused. But I noticed very early that going out into the wilderness alone was key if you wanted to encounter the mystery. The Mystery remains key in my life, many decades later.

I recall an event with my sister and i , both children, encountering something in the woods that we could not explain. We heard a noise that was incongruent to what we were seeing. In a very weird way. It was a roaring sound followed by the sound of an early electronic toy we had. After seeing this event, I fell asleep. My sister ran back to get my folks. I awoke in a small pond with my parents calling to me from the shore. I was surrounded by snakes in the water. My mom still brings it up at holidays. The clearest image I have is staring at a huge snake head, while in the water with it. I've been scared of snakes ever since, due to my moms reaction.

When I was young, 5-7 years, I used to run away from home and into the deep woods of North Carolina behind my house. My folks were not amused. But I noticed very early that going out into the wilderness alone was key if you wanted to encounter the mystery. The Mystery remains key in my life, many decades later.

I recall an event with my sister and i , both children, encountering something in the woods that we could not explain. We heard a noise that was incongruent to what we were seeing. In a very weird way. It was a roaring sound followed by the sound of an early electronic toy we had. After seeing this event, I fell asleep. My sister ran back to get my folks. I awoke in a small pond with my parents calling to me from the shore. I was surrounded by snakes in the water. My mom still brings it up at holidays. The clearest image I have is staring at a huge snake head, while in the water with it. I've been scared of snakes ever since, due to my moms reaction.
Wow ... That IS weird :/

Back